Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2024/25 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Uncle Joe
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Did he go to the Diggs school of cryptic tweets?

• Haha 3

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Fansince88

• Crap Throwing Clavin

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is a fundamental and essential part of the rebuild of the secondary.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Going to be an interesting offseason at OBD.

I gotta say, after spending most of last season on the inactive list, after coming back from a mild case of death, I would not have expected Damar* to be the only safety they keep.

(*EDIT: Damar's clone).

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin

Fansince88
2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Taylor Rapp?

1 hour ago, Ann said:

@TakeYouToTasker 2.0, is there any other names you would like to call out? I think it is working! 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I am genuinely going to miss this guy.

I dont think this is goodbye forever unless he retires. He probably should as much as I want to see him play. All that said, his best chance to play is November? I get their reasoning in that why hold up the cap for half a season. 

• Like 2

Are the Bills squandering Josh Allen? ‘Everybody wants the head coach fired’
- Tim Graham

Sean McDermott nearly rolled his eyes at the question.

He emitted a bristling “heh, heh.”

“I’m confident in who I am as Josh’s coach,” McDermott said, measuring his words during a sit-down interview with The Athletic last week. “I know how to develop players. I’m confident in that and extremely confident Josh is going to develop the best he can, that we’re going to maximize Josh’s potential.”

</snip>

Yet neither Gannon nor Moon accepted the premise McDermott has been a Lombardi Trophy impediment.

“Look around the league,” Gannon said. “They have a top-five situation. They have an outstanding quarterback and a terrific football coach. It’s rare to have both in the same city.

“If I was starting a team, those are two people I’d love to start with. So let’s not waste any energy on those two. Let’s figure out how to get across the finish line.”

Gannon loves Buffalo’s top-to-bottom continuity. McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane came aboard in 2017 and, despite a lame-duck roster, went to the playoffs for the first time since OutKast released “Stankonia.” Next, they overhauled One Bills Drive into what we see today.

“Sean McDermott has built a winner in Buffalo,” said Gannon, “and the problem is when you get to the postseason and you come up short, people start getting antsy. I would say, ‘You don’t like the guy you have? No problem. Let’s move on. So who is going to replace him? Who is going to be better?’

“‘I need an answer. Be careful what you wish for.'”

</snip>

“By the way,” Gannon said, “when you fire the coach, you fire all of them. The next coach comes in with his guys. You don’t want to start over.

“It would be foolish to move from the people responsible for a transformation in Buffalo.”

</snip>

• Like 1

Spartacus
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I gotta say, after spending most of last season on the inactive list, after coming back from a mild case of death, I would not have expected Damar* to be the only safety they keep.

(*EDIT: Damar's clone).

surprised they didn't bury his release within the purge

• clown 1

A healthy, elite pass rusher would easily bank a bunch of money with this renegotiation. We'll find out if that's Von or not.

• Like 1

With Morse on the way out, and the trade of Bates, who is our center next year and please don't say a 1st or 2nd round draft pick because with needs at WR and safety I just don't see it unless help for them somehow comes in FA. Can Edwards or Van Demark slide inside?

RochesterRob
10 minutes ago, Cinga said:

With Morse on the way out, and the trade of Bates, who is our center next year and please don't say a 1st or 2nd round draft pick because with needs at WR and safety I just don't see it unless help for them somehow comes in FA. Can Edwards or Van Demark slide inside?

Don't be surprised if the Bills draft a center high in this spring's draft.  Projects on the OL more often than not fail to yield the intended result.  Identifying and coaching up lower round DB prospects  seems to be a strength of the current regime.  DL needs attention as well.

• Like 1

Spartacus
38 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Mr Anderson

if needed, McGovern can help with the line calls from LG

Edited by Spartacus