Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2024/25 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Spartacus
38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I imagine he'll be the scapegoat if the Giants don't get things together next year ('25 at the latest), but I think success there is more about Joe Schoen than Daboll.  They need to improve that roster regardless of Jones.  But yeah, if Jones is not any better than he was at the start of '23, they're in for another rough year.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the #6 pick. A few mocks I've seen have them going WR.

Daboll is from the Biily B NE program, where it's all about the coaches and system- WRs are not important

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Fansince88

• Alaska Darin

• Crap Throwing Clavin

IDBillzFan

I'm no NFL talking head with inside angles to things, but I feel like Trubisky isn't interested in going into someone's camp where the franchise QB is young and healthy.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
On 2/2/2024 at 2:10 PM, IDBillzFan said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Daboll. He went from coach to pumpkin pretty quickly, and it's difficult to see what next year is going to look like for him. It feels like they gave Daniel Jones too much money too quickly, and now they're stuck.

Meanwhile, I was surprised to see Dorsey get picked up in Cleveland. Will this new venture have a happy ending?

Daboll went .500 with Tommy Devito and got a 300 yard game outta Tyrod Taylor.  He's coaching his fat ass off.

They need at least another year of roster building to be a contender.  One thing most guys don't seem to take into consideration is the division they're hired into.  Philly and Dallas both have ridiculously good rosters and a big head start on the Giants.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm no NFL talking head with inside angles to things, but I feel like Trubisky isn't interested in going into someone's camp where the franchise QB is young and healthy.

I'd take him back in a heart beat.  Mitch is another guy who needs to think about what an opportunity really is.  The Steelers were a HORRIBLE fit for him - just the AFC's version of the Bears.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't understand the series of 1 yr backup QBs.  The constant turnover at that position and getting a new guy up to speed each year seems undesirable.  Cheap is the only plus unless they haven't really liked the backups much.  JA is durable so it hasn't mattered much but you'd think they would want someone for 2 or more seasons for some continuity there. 

As for Mitch, he was awful in Pittsburgh this year.  Maybe he'd do better back in Buffalo, but I'd probably look elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
51 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd take him back in a heart beat.  Mitch is another guy who needs to think about what an opportunity really is.  The Steelers were a HORRIBLE fit for him - just the AFC's version of the Bears.

Part of me says yes and part says no. the part that says no says draft a kid and trade like the Pats did with Brady. 

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

Part of me says yes and part says no. the part that says no says draft a kid and trade like the Pats did with Brady. 

There isn't any reason both can't be done.  There's no way the BILLS go into next season with JA17 and a rookie QB as the only guys on the roster.

• I don't know 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

There isn't any reason both can't be done.  There's no way the BILLS go into next season with JA17 and a rookie QB as the only guys on the roster.

Josh isn't glass. I doubt they would but also wouldn't surprise me. If they did they would put a vet on the PS. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Josh isn't glass. I doubt they would but also wouldn't surprise me. If they did they would put a vet on the PS. 

I don't think we'll spend draft capital on a QB.  I think there will be a move up or two using the bevy of picks we have to get more impactful players.  If that doesn't happen, I can see us taking a QB but even that is probably most dependent on how the board falls (seeing someone on the board in round 5 or later with a 3rd round grade, for example).

Fansince88
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think we'll spend draft capital on a QB.  I think there will be a move up or two using the bevy of picks we have to get more impactful players.  If that doesn't happen, I can see us taking a QB but even that is probably most dependent on how the board falls (seeing someone on the board in round 5 or later with a 3rd round grade, for example).

How many picks do we have at the moment.

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

How many picks do we have at the moment.

Currently 9 with a likely compensatory 3rd coming...so it'll be 10.

• Like 1

Fansince88
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Currently 9 with a likely compensatory 3rd coming...so it'll be 10.

So they can move around and get 4-5 huge picks.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Definitely.   Cheap, knows the system, and if the backup is taking a significant number of meaningful snaps next year, it better be Earl Morrall or the Bills aren't going anywhere anyway.

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Definitely.   Cheap, knows the system, and if the backup is taking a significant number of meaningful snaps next year, it better be Earl Morrall or the Bills aren't going anywhere anyway.

My issue with Mitch is I have seen him step in when needed and I don't like what I see at that time. Perhaps I am alone. 

IDBillzFan
8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

My issue with Mitch is I have seen him step in when needed and I don't like what I see at that time. Perhaps I am alone. 

I may take shit for this, but Mitch to me is a faster-acting Fitzpatrick. What I mean is that Fitz would come in for any team and automatically show there was no drop off on production of moving the ball, knowing the playbook, managing the game, etc. Mitch comes off the bench and can do the same.

But ultimately, the reason they're backups would show up. It took Fitz a half season or so for it to show up. Mitch usually did in in a game or two.

The bigger difference, of course, is that the reason Fitz lasted longer is because he is a natural leader. The team would follow him off the ledge. Not so much with Mitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Not a huge deal either way. I just don’t see much upside anywhere else, and definitely none worth paying for (or spending draft capital on) given the current cap situation and roster holes.

Buffalo Bills season tickets to increase by an average of 10% in 2024

</snip>

With that demand, of course, comes the inevitability of rising costs, and for the 2024 season, the average price of a season ticket will increase by 10%, the Bills shared in an exclusive interview with The Buffalo News on Wednesday. The increase comes in the form of an added game in 2024. The Bills will host 10 games at Highmark Stadium in 2024 – two in the preseason and eight in the regular season – which is up from the nine they hosted in 2023 (one preseason, eight regular season).

Thus, the per-game price remains flat, in most cases, but the overall package price increases because of the added game. General admission packages range from $611 to $2,056 for the 10-game package, according to data provided to The News, with the average price coming in at $1,146. Club packages range from $2,150-$5,307, with the average price coming in at $3,180.

The season ticket base is expected to increase to 64,000 in 2024, Colleary said, which is the team’s self-imposed limit. The Bills had a strong 97% renewal rate on season tickets last year. The club has a waiting list for season tickets. Colleary did not share the exact number on the waiting list, but said it is “significantly” higher than it was last season, when it was at 6,000 people.

While the cost continues to go up, season tickets remain the most affordable way to see a game. According to the Bills, the average price for a single-game ticket was 77% more than the season ticket cost, and the average price on the secondary market was 88% more than the season ticket cost.

</snip>