Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills Free Agency 2024

Ann

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

OK, at least there's a real reason for keeping him in this difficult cap year for the Bills.

His new renegotiated contract is great for the bills.  If he delivers to his full potential, he could make more than his original contract.  If he doesn’t, the contract isn’t too bad.

Seems like he did the bills a favor.  Same as Knox.

• Like 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

He’d also cost more to the cap if he’s cut than if he’s on the team.

This ^

3 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

OK, at least there's a real reason for keeping him in this difficult cap year for the Bills.

He restructured for peanuts compared to what he was being paid with a "bet on myself" list of incentives. If you didnt know that you have been truly watching paint dry. For your reading pleasure:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-get-significant-salary-cap-savings-as-von-miller-agrees-to-restructure-contract

Fansince88
30 minutes ago, Ann said:

WE GOT ANOTHER WILLIAMS.  @Crap Throwing Clavin, do you think this takes Williams off the 4th round or the 5th or stand their ground?

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

WE GOT ANOTHER WILLIAMS.  @Crap Throwing Clavin, do you think this takes Williams off the 4th round or the 5th or stand their ground?

Well seeing that Brandon spilled the Beans saying he was going to draft a wide Receiver in Every Round he might as well keep piling on with Williamses too. 

• Like 2

This article was written last year when he was with the Panthers.

How Panthers lineman went from loading Amazon trucks to signing with hometown team

DeShawn Williams never quit on football, though at times it certainly looked like football had quit on him.

The Panthers defensive lineman had been put through the NFL wringer — he was released from four teams from 2015 to 2019 — and when the COVID-19 pandemic was going strong in the summer of 2020, Williams found himself wrapping shipping pallets and loading delivery trucks for Amazon and UPS in Aurora, Colorado.

He’d signed a contract with the Calgary Stampeders for the 2020 season, but the pandemic forced the Canadian Football League to suspend operations.

So he worked, helping move much-needed packages from warehouses to online shoppers who preferred to have items — masks, hand sanitizers, toilet paper — delivered to their front doors instead of going to stores during the pandemic.

But even with his football career on hold, the South Carolina native continued to grind. For six months, Williams woke up at 5 a.m. to train for potential on-field opportunities before heading to a shipping warehouse for his day job.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Love 2

RochesterRob
22 hours ago, Nanker said:

Well seeing that Brandon spilled the Beans saying he was going to draft a wide Receiver in Every Round he might as well keep piling on with Williamses too. 

Never believe what a NFL GM says this time of year in regards to the draft.  Not chess Mr Spock.  Poker!

• Like 1

Sig1Hunter
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

I guess we are just gonna run the hell out of the ball. Which is fine by me. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Josh is going to end up being the league's leading rusher in yards and TDs, while still passing for 35.

Josh will put up such incredible numbers that Lamar Jackson's going to be MVP again.

• Haha 4

Alaska Darin
33 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Collins can play 4 positions, which is his real value.  If he's healthy, he's the first guy off the bench pretty much if any G/T goes down.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...