Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills Free Agency 2024

Ann

Deranged Rhino
7 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Do we like this. Never paid much attention to him

Love it. He was wasted in Washington. Can't wait to see him light it up with 17.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Would like to see his drops to see them. 

Yes. I see from that highlight reel that he gets tackled a lot. 

Edited by Nanker

CarpetCrawler
15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Do we like this. Never paid much attention to him

Yes as a WR

Yes as a Slot Receiver

Yes for WR screens

Yes as a gadget/pistol guy

Yes even occasionally as a runner.

• Like 2

Blessed Believer
10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Love it. He was wasted in Washington. Can't wait to see him light it up with 17.

Samuel will make us forget what’s his name…..errrrrrr, I think it was David or something like that. 😎

• Like 1

Fansince88
16 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

Samuel will make us forget what’s his name…..errrrrrr, I think it was David or something like that. 😎

Gabub David  I think.

Edited by Fansince88

SquirminThurman

Curtis Samuel, good mid-tier pickup. Better than Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs.

Solid WR2, would be amazing in the slot. Was a RB in college.

Can play slot and has been a KR, so he will be in on the 'hands team', especially with Hyde gone.

Poor Man's Deebo Samuel.

317/ 485 (65% Catch %) 3383 yards/ 22 TDs.

But adds:

121 rushing attempts/ 715 yards/ 7 TD 5.9 YPC

Could be a real red zone pain in the ass for other teams with JA and Cook in the backfield.

Had 4.31 speed at the Combine, but averages less than 10.7 YPC in the NFL

(Gabe Davis averaged 16.7)

PS - People wanted to run Cole Beasley out of town when he dipped below 10 YPC as a slot WR.

Has started 58 of 91 games (52%). Some was IR, some was 'COVID IR'.

Think Isaiah McKenzie with more WR#2 and ST chops.

Guesstimates:

55 REC/ 600 yards/ 5 TD receiving

20 ATT/ 110 Yards/ 2 TD rushing

Will get open more than GD, but without the sizzle of 'Big Game GD'. Not the size or blocker GD was either. JMO.

Still need a WR in rounds 1-3.

PS Renfrow was the guy the Bills should have picked up. Samuel is a solid get though.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

SquirminThurman

The best FA signing was Daquan Jones. Makes Oliver Elite. Good signing there.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 3

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Can play slot and has been a KR, so he will be in on the 'hands team', especially with Hyde gone.

Poor Man's Deebo Samuel.

But adds:

Could be a real red zone pain in the ass for other teams with JA and Cook in the backfield.

PS - People wanted to run Cole Beasley out of town when he dipped below 10 YPC as a slot WR.

Guesstimates:

Will get open more than GD, but without the sizzle of 'Big Game GD'. Not the size or blocker GD was either. JMO.

PS Renfrow was the guy the Bills should have picked up. Samuel is a solid get though.

I said the same thing and I love you :classic_love:

• Like 1

Ninety-4
On 3/15/2024 at 4:03 PM, SquirminThurman said:

Poor Man's Deebo Samuel.

But adds:

Guesstimates:

Hoping your guestimates are on the low side given his co$t.  Hopefully much more than 3-ish catches per game.  He's played with some below average QBs and teams.  He should be able to do more as a Bill hopefully.  He's got some similarities with Tyreek Hill in size (not tall but some thickness) and very similar speed.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 2

SquirminThurman
On 3/17/2024 at 10:38 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Hoping your guestimates are on the low side given his co$t.  Hopefully much more than 3-ish catches per game.  He's played with some below average QBs and teams.  He should be able to do more as a Bill hopefully.  He's got some similarities with Tyreek Hill in size (not tall but some thickness) and very similar speed.  

Just trying to temper expectations. True, other than YR 1 and 2 (Cam Newton) his QB play was pretty bad.

I'll clarify my POV. He has been a very good WR2 with a stud WR1 like DJ Moore (underrated in the NFL) and capable QB like Cam Newton in the past. He also has the versatility the Bills want in WR2 or WR3 with running skills. I think I said a 'poor mans Deebo Samuel'. Lil Dirty did that for us for a while, but was very limited as a pure WR.

Samuel is a better WR than Lil Dirty. He isn't the WR or runner Samuel is. He is not the blocker Gabe Davis was, which gets discounted. He also is not the big play maker Samuel or Davis are. His 10-11 YPC career avg points to it.

The Bills probably have him pegged as WR2, unless the draft brings in a stud WR in rounds 1-2. If they can land a stud WR in the daft, Samuel will probably start at WR2 and end up transitioning to WR3 if the rookie develops well. Samuel would be a nasty nasty WR3 matchup. He is a capable WR2.

I expect 100-110m targets. With a 65% career catch % lets say 65 receptions. His career YPC is 10.7. At 10 YPR we see 650 yards receiving. At 11 YPC we see 715 yards receiving. I low balled him a bit. We should see 650-750 yards receiving. 5 TDs receiving feels right. I also stand by the @200 yards rushing and 1-2 TD range.

The only FA WR I liked more in the $10-15 million range was KJ Osborn from Minnesota. He is a more steady producer and only in year 4. He is roughly the same size, and does not offer as much versatility as Samuel.

Happy with the pick up overall.

• Cheers 3

SquirminThurman
9 hours ago, Ann said:

Blackmon would be a really nice get. Yr 5 S improving each season. Good compliment to Rapp, who is a better 'box S'

• Applause 2
  • Cheers 1