Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

UDFA’s: Bills and notables

MothersMilk

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Shocked that you posted this 😃.

Seriously I had hoped last year that Andy would have played more and been targeted some.  Based on how little the coaches used him last season, I think his chances of being on the 53 are pretty slim.  

He's being wasted! Should be KR/PR starter AND starting WR double slot works for me

Alaska Darin
10 hours ago, Pete said:

Do I care if you agree with my view or not? Hell no. I forgot about the draft sometime Sunday night. Go beat on someone else who wasn’t happy with the draft. 

Uhm...you posted here.  It's not "Pete's message board".  We discuss opinions here and sometimes people don't agree, especially when someone says "let's trade multiple first round picks to get a guy drafted literally six spots before our choice."  If you think that isn't going to get questioned, this is definitely not the place for you...nor is any football board on the internet.

For someone who "forgot about the draft Sunday night", you sure spend an awful lot of time discussing it here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Uhm...you posted here.  It's not "Pete's message board".  We discuss opinions here and sometimes people don't agree, especially when someone says "let's trade multiple first round picks to get a guy drafted literally six spots before our choice."  If you think that isn't going to get questioned, this is definitely not the place for you...nor is any football board on the internet.

He'd probably fit in well with the wilting lillies ATOP.

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

For someone who "forgot about the draft Sunday night", you sure spend an awful lot of time discussing it here.

It's a common theme.  He brags about being uninformed.

Plus, he sucks at banter.  Really, truly awful.  If you're going to troll...at least do it well.  Hogboy he ain't.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Lol I only brought all this up to answer your question, I literally had not commented on any message board for three or 4 days about the draft. I thought I made it clear Thomas not the one in the top 10 that I was talking about. 

and “discussing” this stuff on a message board is fine. “Discussing” it’s not what you were attempting. You know you were trying to own me. 

believe me I knew my idea of trading up was not popular and the bills were most likely not going to do it.

But I’m positive if Beane traded up for the 2nd or third ranked wr you would be on here talking about how genius it was no matter how much he gave up.

personally I’m on to rooting for them, the draft is whatever at this point. 

Alaska Darin
37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lol I only brought all this up to answer your question, I literally had not commented on any message board for three or 4 days about the draft. I thought I made it clear Thomas not the one in the top 10 that I was talking about. 

and “discussing” this stuff on a message board is fine. “Discussing” it’s not what you were attempting. You know you were trying to own me. 

believe me I knew my idea of trading up was not popular and the bills were most likely not going to do it.

But I’m positive if Beane traded up for the 2nd or third ranked wr you would be on here talking about how genius it was no matter how much he gave up.

personally I’m on to rooting for them, the draft is whatever at this point. 

I'm not trying to own anyone and the fact that you think I'd be ok with Beane giving up a lot of draft capital over the next two drafts to get up to between 4 and 9 to get one of the top 3 receivers means you know precisely dick about me and how I view the draft and the capital associated with it.  I'd have done EXACTLY what Beane did because the more picks you have, the better chance you have of hitting on players.  Call it the "Herschel Walker Trade Principal".  I have CONSISTENTLY stated on 3 BILLS' message boards the same exact thing for almost 30 years.

You stated in the initial post I responded to that you'd have traded up to between 10 and 15.  So that means you were willing to trade multiple number 1 picks to get Brian Thomas.  You can try to walk that back 100 more times with your revisionism if you want but that's what your trade would have netted.  It's a ludicrous proposition and that's why I initially responded the way I did.  You continue to try to put everyone else on blast for YOUR opinion being questioned.  If you can't handle the basics of the internet, it might not be the place for you.

• Like 2

Fansince88
2 hours ago, snafu said:

Soooo, you're incarcerated?

Are you saying Pete is really Incarcerated Bob? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not trying to own anyone and the fact that you think I'd be ok with Beane giving up a lot of draft capital over the next two drafts to get up to between 4 and 9 to get one of the top 3 receivers means you know precisely dick about me and how I view the draft and the capital associated with it.  I'd have done EXACTLY what Beane did because the more picks you have, the better chance you have of hitting on players.  Call it the "Herschel Walker Trade Principal".  I have CONSISTENTLY stated on 3 BILLS' message boards the same exact thing for almost 30 years.

You stated in the initial post I responded to that you'd have traded up to between 10 and 15.  So that means you were willing to trade multiple number 1 picks to get Brian Thomas.  You can try to walk that back 100 more times with your revisionism if you want but that's what your trade would have netted.  It's a ludicrous proposition and that's why I initially responded the way I did.  You continue to try to put everyone else on blast for YOUR opinion being questioned.  If you can't handle the basics of the internet, it might not be the place for you.

You are absolutely correct in saying I know nothing about you. 

I re posted what I said. I’m not walking nothing back. I figured Thomas was 15-20, I never once said what I would give up for him not once.

The other two in the top 10 I know we would have to give up more. You are not giving up a one this year, you are swapping. So a one next year? I don’t have the draft chart in front of me to know exactly what late round picks the might have had to part with? personally was more about quality over quantity. But was not surprised it didn’t play out that way.

And at the risk of dragging anyone else into this you are the only one I put on blast because you are basically the only one I have been talking to about this since the draft anyway. I never said you had to agree with my opinion . If you want to discuss it because it is a message board I’m all for it. If you are going to be a dick because you don’t like my opinion I will give it back to you.

To tell you a little of my view of the draft in general I hate the draft. I hate rookies. Most of them suck and can’t get on the field. If you have been on message boards for 30 years then you are probably a little older and probably remember George Allen the old coach of the redskins. He hated rookies, traded his picks for vets. That’s me. 

If you are going to keep your picks and you have a real position of need like the bills do at wr then you do what you need to to fill it. Just like they did with Josh Allen. For more than 20 years the people that called the shots at obd waited for a qb to fall in their lap, they never went and got there guy. That is how you end up with JP Losman. The year they drafted Allen all I wanted the bills to do was identify their guy and then GO get him. I didn’t care who it was. Just go get someone for Christs sake. Stop waiting for them to fall to you because he won’t! They did it, I was shocked! They actually traded up and got Josh Allen. The other message board I’m on did nothing but cry. Allen sucks, we waisted picks. 

This year I don’t think they are that far off from still being a top team. Just a great wr on offense anyway. So I wanted them to do the same thing. You keep and make all these picks if you are rebuilding in my opinion. We are not rebuilding. Now they will have 3-4 of these picks on the practice squad and 2-3 will be poached by other teams. What good was keeping all those picks? Quality over quantity.

When you are the 1-15 Dallas clowns with Jimmy Johnson you need a ton of picks to rebuild the roster asap. That’s not these bills.

Just an fyi I have never applied for a job with the bills and didn’t claim to know it all. Please post where I did? Just a fan with an opinion on the draft on draft weekend that quickly went back to being a fan. Now I’m rooting for Coleman. Hopefully he’s just as good as the guys in the top 10! Then Bean looks like a genius which is good.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Pete said:

I re posted what I said. I’m not walking nothing back. I figured Thomas was 15-20, I never once said what I would give up for him not once.

The other two in the top 10 I know we would have to give up more. You are not giving up a one this year, you are swapping. So a one next year? I don’t have the draft chart in front of me to know exactly what late round picks the might have had to part with? personally was more about quality over quantity. But was not surprised it didn’t play out that way.

And at the risk of dragging anyone else into this you are the only one I put on blast because you are basically the only one I have been talking to about this since the draft anyway. I never said you had to agree with my opinion . If you want to discuss it because it is a message board I’m all for it. If you are going to be a dick because you don’t like my opinion I will give it back to you.

To tell you a little of my view of the draft in general I hate the draft. I hate rookies. Most of them suck and can’t get on the field. If you have been on message boards for 30 years then you are probably a little older and probably remember George Allen the old coach of the redskins. He hated rookies, traded his picks for vets. That’s me. 

If you are going to keep your picks and you have a real position of need like the bills do at wr then you do what you need to to fill it. Just like they did with Josh Allen. For more than 20 years the people that called the shots at obd waited for a qb to fall in their lap, they never went and got there guy. That is how you end up with JP Losman. The year they drafted Allen all I wanted the bills to do was identify their guy and then GO get him. I didn’t care who it was. Just go get someone for Christs sake. Stop waiting for them to fall to you because he won’t! They did it, I was shocked! They actually traded up and got Josh Allen. The other message board I’m on did nothing but cry. Allen sucks, we waisted picks. 

This year I don’t think they are that far off from still being a top team. Just a great wr on offense anyway. So I wanted them to do the same thing. You keep and make all these picks if you are rebuilding in my opinion. We are not rebuilding. Now they will have 3-4 of these picks on the practice squad and 2-3 will be poached by other teams. What good was keeping all those picks? Quality over quantity.

When you are the 1-15 Dallas clowns with Jimmy Johnson you need a ton of picks to rebuild the roster asap. That’s not these bills.

Just an fyi I have never applied for a job with the bills and didn’t claim to know it all. Please post where I did? Just a fan with an opinion on the draft on draft weekend that quickly went back to being a fan. Now I’m rooting for Coleman. Hopefully he’s just as good as the guys in the top 10! Then Bean looks like a genius which is good.

Fixed.

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
47 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Rams have "kinda" tried to do what Allen did back in the day and won a SB doing it.  Of course they had to blow it up completely and then essentially hit on literally 8 picks in the draft last year to be even remotely competitive, so it's tough to say it's a sustainable way to build a football team in the salary cap era.  Back then it was literally on how much a particular owner was willing to spend but Allen was "regular season successful", not "post season successful".

I think when you have a big QB contract, it's going to be VERY difficult to be consistently competitive without hitting on the draft pretty regularly.  Fortunately Beane seems to be better at finding NFL caliber players in the draft and the Pegulas are willing to spend money on FAs each and every year.  If you'd have told me 10 years ago we'd get guys like Von Miller and Leonard Floyd to come to Buffalo AND trade for a Rasul Douglas at the deadline, I'd have lost my mind.

I do agree with you on how the BILLS have gone (mostly not) after QBs before Beane came to town.  Trading up to get Losman meant the BILLS didn't have a first in 2005.  That pick was #20, which Dallas used to pick Marcus Spears.   4 picks later the Packers picked Aaron Rogers.  You wanna know why I don't wanna trade draft capital for needs?  Because we got JP Losman instead of a real shot at Aaron Rogers.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Rams have "kinda" tried to do what Allen did back in the day and won a SB doing it.  Of course they had to blow it up completely and then essentially hit on literally 8 picks in the draft last year to be even remotely competitive, so it's tough to say it's a sustainable way to build a football team in the salary cap era.  Back then it was literally on how much a particular owner was willing to spend but Allen was "regular season successful", not "post season successful".

I think when you have a big QB contract, it's going to be VERY difficult to be consistently competitive without hitting on the draft pretty regularly.  Fortunately Beane seems to be better at finding NFL caliber players in the draft and the Pegulas are willing to spend money on FAs each and every year.  If you'd have told me 10 years ago we'd get guys like Von Miller and Leonard Floyd to come to Buffalo AND trade for a Rasul Douglas at the deadline, I'd have lost my mind.

I do agree with you on how the BILLS have gone (mostly not) after QBs before Beane came to town.  Trading up to get Losman meant the BILLS didn't have a first in 2005.  That pick was #20, which Dallas used to pick Marcus Spears.   4 picks later the Packers picked Aaron Rogers.  You wanna know why I don't wanna trade draft capital for needs?  Because we got JP Losman instead of a real shot at Aaron Rogers.

I get that that is why we didn’t trade up because of needing cheap players because of the cap. It’s what I wanted but not shocked we didn’t do. Oddly enough it is why I wanted to also tho because of getting a wr like Justin Jefferson on a cost controlled contract for 5 years. I know wishful thinking right? I was even dreaming for a day or so of getting Marvin Harrison jr. A few weeks back but I woke myself up quick from that one. can you imagine a Marvin Harrison jr. With Allen for the next 10 years on a cost controlled contract for 5 of them? That’s almost as good as dreaming of the Super Bowl itself! I know the old George Allen way is not good for today’s nfl. He’s just an example of how I feel about the draft, probably because of all the draft busts the bills have had over the decades. I didn’t even get into the draft or players this year till the bills traded Diggs away. anyway I love your passion for the team and what you think. Oddly enough I don’t really like arguing with people but it seems that’s all I do on this board. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I get that that is why we didn’t trade up because of needing cheap players because of the cap. It’s what I wanted but not shocked we didn’t do. Oddly enough it is why I wanted to also tho because of getting a wr like Justin Jefferson on a cost controlled contract for 5 years. I know wishful thinking right? I was even dreaming for a day or so of getting Marvin Harrison jr. A few weeks back but I woke myself up quick from that one. can you imagine a Marvin Harrison jr. With Allen for the next 10 years on a cost controlled contract for 5 of them? That’s almost as good as dreaming of the Super Bowl itself! I know the old George Allen way is not good for today’s nfl. He’s just an example of how I feel about the draft, probably because of all the draft busts the bills have had over the decades. I didn’t even get into the draft or players this year till the bills traded Diggs away. anyway I love your passion for the team and what you think. Oddly enough I don’t really like arguing with people but it seems that’s all I do on this board. 

I think just about anyone who was a fan of this team since the early 1990s has a ton of "draft PTSD" because for far too many years the BILLS "hits" were more of the accidental variety and the misses were so obvious before the players ever really hit the field.  We could beat some of those into submission but my absolute favorites were trading back into the first round to get &#%$ing John McCargo instead of Nick Mangold and of course, trading up to get Sammy Watkins when we could have sat at 9 and picked the best college DT I've ever seen (Aaron Donald).  I'm so stupid that I honestly thought when we traded up for the pick used for Watkins that we were drafting the kid from our back yard (Kalil Mack) because to me that was a sensible thing.  Imagine my surprise when Watkins' name was announced.  :classic_dry:

The draft story I tell the most often was when we picked EJ Manuel.  Even the draftnicks openly admitted it at the time it was likely to be the worst "Top-to-bottom" draft of all time.  So of course the BILLS decide to blow a first rounder on a QB who never threw a pass the same way twice.  I was at my buddy's (also a BILLS' fan) house and when they said "EJ", I threw a couch pillow at the television and screamed "&#%$!" like someone killed my dog.  He still laughs at me about it.

I just throw out the "our first round QB hit the tent in training camp throwing an out".  Life as a BILLS' fan.  :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I remember the ej manual pick also because of watching Florida State games the year before. I remember thinking no this guy is not an nfl qb. But I’m no scout so I rooted for him. Who can forget Aaron Maybin? The draft is such a crap shoot.

I forgot about hitting the tent on an out😂.

Edited by Pete
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think just about anyone who was a fan of this team since the early 1990s has a ton of "draft PTSD" because for far too many years the BILLS "hits" were more of the accidental variety and the misses were so obvious before the players ever really hit the field.  We could beat some of those into submission but my absolute favorites were trading back into the first round to get &#%$ing John McCargo instead of Nick Mangold and of course, trading up to get Sammy Watkins when we could have sat at 9 and picked the best college DT I've ever seen (JJ Watt).  I'm so stupid that I honestly thought when we traded up for the pick used for Watkins that we were drafting the kid from our back yard (Kalil Mack) because to me that was a sensible thing.  Imagine my surprise when Watkins' name was announced.  :classic_dry:

The draft story I tell the most often was when we picked EJ Manuel.  Even the draftnicks openly admitted it at the time it was likely to be the worst "Top-to-bottom" draft of all time.  So of course the BILLS decide to blow a first rounder on a QB who never threw a pass the same way twice.  I was at my buddy's (also a BILLS' fan) house and when they said "EJ", I threw a couch pillow at the television and screamed "&#%$!" like someone killed my dog.  He still laughs at me about it.

I just throw out the "our first round QB hit the tent in training camp throwing an out".  Life as a BILLS' fan.  :lol:

FIFY Darin!

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

FIFY Darin!

Watt wasn't close to Donald in college or anywhere else.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

Jabba The Hutt
19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Watt wasn't close to Donald in college or anywhere else.

I know...Watt was far and away the better player!!

• clown 1

Taro T
9 hours ago, Ann said:

Bills on Bills

And he chose, or they assigned him, 60.  Either way.  That's perfect.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Ann said:

Bills on Bills

Watch the league idiots fine him for a uniform violation for having the team name on his jersey rather than his name.  

• Like 1