Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, Ann said:

IF Kraft does finally part ways with the Cheatmiser, hear that Rivera is looking for a new gig.  :excited:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

IF Kraft does finally part ways with the Cheatmiser, hear that Rivera is looking for a new gig.  :excited:

Rivera is The Bills next Defensive Coordinator. 

Rochesterny

Well the patriots are now officially dead. Welcome to world of irrelevant officially

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Holy. Cow.

Apparently being Bill’s successor was part of the new contract he signed this past summer.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Apparently being Bill’s successor was part of the new contract he signed this past summer.

With Vrabel available, I'd have paid him off. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

With Vrabel available, I'd have paid him off. 

I mean, they clearly love Mayo if they were willing to put that into his contract.

There was also no guarantee they’d have landed Vrable.

Plus, the backlash they’d have gotten if the bought out Mayo, then hired Vrable, despite the Rooney Rule being in place, would have been substantial.

With this, they get to avoid the hiring circus, and .keep some degree of continuity.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

and .keep some degree of continuity.

Well, that's good for the rest of the league...

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

Deranged Rhino
31 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I mean, they clearly love Mayo if they were willing to put that into his contract.

Plus, the backlash they’d have gotten if the bought out Mayo, then hired Vrable, despite the Rooney Rule being in place, would have been substantial.

With this, they get to avoid the hiring circus, and .keep some degree of continuity.

I like Mayo. He might become a very good ball coach in the league. 

But to take him over an offensive coach (when you know you're going to be drafting one of the top QBs) is a tremendous blunder imo. 

And it makes me smile 🙂

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I like Mayo. He might become a very good ball coach in the league. 

But to take him over an offensive coach (when you know you're going to be drafting one of the top QBs) is a tremendous blunder imo. 

And it makes me smile 🙂

Kraft recently stated that one of the team’s priorities was to extend Jones.

I could very well see them drafting Harrison at 3.

• Doh! 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Because after having one winning season in the last four years, and a four-win season this season, and having a QB controversy between Mac the Spork and Bailey Zappe, you really want to maintain continuity.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Because after having one winning season in the last four years, and a four-win season this season, and having a QB controversy between Mac the Spork and Bailey Zappe, you really want to maintain continuity.

Kraft doesn’t yet realize that he still has about 36 more years of wandering the desert.

He’s been just as spoiled by the prior 20 years as the average New England fan, and perceives the multiple dynasties as normal.

• Applause 1

crawhammer
2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Krafts made two mistakes here... 1) Extending Belichick's ridiculous $25 mil per season contract through 2024 prior to the start of the 2023 season. Meaning they did this after a bad season (2022) when Belichick made the incredibly egregious decision of making Matt Patricia the offensive coordinator. 2) Putting that nonsense in Mayo's contract. Predictably there are better head coaching candidates available than Mayo (who I don't dislike but this really amounts to an underwhelming hire imo).

• Cheers 1

crawhammer
39 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Kraft recently stated that one of the team’s priorities was to extend Jones.

I could very well see them drafting Harrison at 3.

MHJ is the best player coming out in the draft so there's that but I find it hard to believe that whoever ends up making the final decisions for the organization will extend Mac Jones. Never mind a priority. Jones has a low floor and a low ceiling. And then Belichick sabotaged him with incompetent personnel decisions (players and coaches). Jones is a total mess. They should trade him while it's still a feasible option. The Patriots literally don't have an NFL caliber QB on their roster and they haven't since Brady left.

• Like 1

crawhammer
9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Kraft doesn’t yet realize that he still has about 36 more years of wandering the desert.

He’s been just as spoiled by the prior 20 years as the average New England fan, and perceives the multiple dynasties as normal.

Not me. The Patriots Dynasty was entirely Brady dependent. The team was mediocre when Brady got there and they're even less than that now. Belichick has left the Patriots in a bigger hole than he did the Browns in 1996. Here are the Patriots current glaring deficiencies on offense: QB, WR, TE, & OL. They're decent at RB. The defense is good. The special teams suck and that's with jackass Belichick wasting mid-round draft picks on kickers.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
12 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

The Krafts made two mistakes here... 1) Extending Belichick's ridiculous $25 mil per season contract through 2024 prior to the start of the 2023 season. Meaning they did this after a bad season (2022) when Belichick made the incredibly egregious decision of making Matt Patricia the offensive coordinator. 2) Putting that nonsense in Mayo's contract. Predictably there are better head coaching candidates available than Mayo (who I don't dislike but this really amounts to an underwhelming hire imo).

In the New England media market, in which I reside, the fact that Kraft desperately wanted Belichick to break the coaching wins record in New England wasn’t a secret.

He understands that his and Bill’s legacies are inextricable from each other, andKraft knows that he’s getting old.

And I’m not at all sure that Mayo isn’t the best possible hire for a multitude of reasons. He’s absolutely loved inside of that building by *everyone* and is one of the best defensive minds in the league.

5 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

MHJ is the best player coming out in the draft so there's that but I find it hard to believe that whoever ends up making the final decisions for the organization will extend Mac Jones. Never mind a priority. Jones has a low floor and a low ceiling. And then Belichick sabotaged him with incompetent personnel decisions (players and coaches). Jones is a total mess. They should trade him while it's still a feasible option. The Patriots literally don't have an NFL caliber QB on their roster and they haven't since Brady left.

I’m just reporting to you *exactly* what Kraft said.

And make no mistake, Kraft has the final word on all decisions. He’s the reason Jones was drafted in the first place.

crawhammer
3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

In the New England media market, in which I reside, the fact that Kraft desperately wanted Belichick to break the coaching wins record in New England wasn’t a secret.

Put that down as Kraft's 3rd mistake then... caring about the head coaching wins record. Congratulations, Belichick leaves New England with the all time losses record instead.

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

And I’m not at all sure that Mayo isn’t the best possible hire for a multitude of reasons. He’s absolutely loved inside of that building by *everyone* and is one of the best defensive minds in the league.

There was a recent report indicating Mayo had rubbed some people in the organization the wrong way. In fact Mayo publicly addressed it, basically said too bad, it comes with being a leader. As I said, I don't dislike the hire, but it shouldn't have been written into his last coaching contract, and I do think there are better candidates available.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

And make no mistake, Kraft has the final word on all decisions. He’s the reason Jones was drafted in the first place.

I've heard that narrative but I don't believe it. Regarding the Jones pick, the Patriots HAD TO draft a QB in that 1st round and they merely sat there and waited for the last projected 1st round QB available at #15. Could have been Fields or Wilson (ugh), they were taking a QB.

Kraft also didn't want to let Brady go but he foolishly sided with Belichick, then publicly begged Brady to retire, before watching him hoist another Lombardi in a Bucs uniform instead. Meanwhile Belichick had a corpse at quarterback in 2020. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I wonder about the rest of the coaching staff.

Will Mayo clean house?  Will other coached leave on their own?  He's an "inside" hire.  He's already familiar with everyone, and everyone's familiar with him.

• Like 1