Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

WEEK #16: Bills @ **Patriots

GG1

He’s got a little place on Nantucket far from the madding crowd. Don’t see him living there full time.

He’s got the personality of an oyster, so I don’t think the networks will get into a bidding war for his services as a PbP or Color Analyst or even a commentator. 

He could write a book or two. His Dear Diary entries of the last 25 years alone could fetch billions. 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But when has Belichick needed to figure out wide receivers.  This is the first time in his entire career with the **Patriots that coaching receivers has been something more than "run a four yard out and wait for Marcia to throw you the ball."

We're really discovering how much of the **Patriots dynasty was Marsha, and how much was Belichick.

That was that fat bastard Charlie Weiss’s playbook. 
310?cb=20160721230720

McDermott Wed PC:

"No change in John Brown's situation this week.  Will continue to evaluate."

Doesn't sound they will rush him back.

Question was asked whether Fromm may see action this year - Did not say no and left open the possibility that Fromm may play.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

We're really discovering how much of the **Patriots dynasty was Marsha, and how much was Belichick.

I'm not so sure we really are.  Looking at the roster turnover, COVID losses and salary cap it's pretty impressive that they were in the playoff chase until the end of the 15th week.  That's a 3-4 win roster at best that's won six games and was a fumble away from handing us our asses in Buffalo not too long ago.  The 2019 *Patriots were a playoff team because of their defense and playing a weak schedule.

Their defense lost Kyle Van Noy, Jamie Collins, Duron Harmon, Danny Shelton, Elandon Roberts to free agency. Hightower and Chung opted out.  

*Patriots 2019 defensive snap counts:

1. Stephon Gilmore 94%

2. Devin McCourty 94%

3. Kyle Van Noy 81% (gone in FA)

4. Jamie Collins 81% (gone in FA)

5. Dont'a Hightower 72% (opt out)

6. J.C. Jackson 68%

7. Duron Harmon 65% (traded)

8. Patrick Chung 64% (opt out)

The passing offense last season was essentially Marsha, Edelman, and White.  Marsha is obviously gone and Edelman played six games and was done for the year.  Not that he's the best guy to pair with Cam but he's head and shoulders over what's left there.

We're going to find out a lot more about Belichik's ability to construct a roster over the next couple of seasons, should he stick around. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's a 3-4 win roster at best that's won six games and was a fumble away from handing us our asses in Buffalo not too long ago.

And a slightly better run by Newton from beating Seattle in Week 2.

• Like 1

I put this in the hunting and fishing thread, but thought people may be interested in this forum, too:

Defensive end Trent Murphy posed with a 10-point buck on the turf at Bills Stadium in a Christmas post on Instagram.  Photo via Trent Murphy's Instagram Page

Anyone know the last time a AFC East Champ or a Ten point buck were in this Endzone? Me either, Merry Christmas yuh filthy animals #GoBills #wnybowhunter #art

trent.JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ann said:

I put this in the hunting and fishing thread, but thought people may be interested in this forum, too:

Defensive end Trent Murphy posed with a 10-point buck on the turf at Bills Stadium in a Christmas post on Instagram.  Photo via Trent Murphy's Instagram Page

Anyone know the last time a AFC East Champ or a Ten point buck were in this Endzone? Me either, Merry Christmas yuh filthy animals #GoBills #wnybowhunter #art

trent.JPG

• Cheers 1