Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
22 hours ago, Ann said:

That’s a fiction. Both sides know he won’t. He’ll either earn the contract and renegotiate, earning an extension; or... he’ll be cut.

Giants GM Dave Gettleman on QB Daniel Jones: 'We really believe he's the guy'

</snip>

New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman and head coach Joe Judge were emphatic Tuesday in their support of quarterback Daniel Jones going forward as QB1.

"We've had Daniel for two years; we've done the evaluation on him and we really believe he's the guy. No reason to go look," Gettleman said, via team transcript, when asked if he was tempted to look at other options for the quarterback position. "What we're doing isn't fantasy football, we're not playing, we're not doing that. We've got a conviction on him, he's everything we want, he's got all the physical skills and again I say this all the time, the kid just finished his second year of NFL football. How many of us after two years at our new job were great? No, we all start at point 'A' and we hopefully get to point 'Z,' but the one common denominator is it takes time. Everybody has to understand that. We believe in Daniel and that's where it is."

</snip>

Greg Olsen on Russell Wilson: Odds are he’s back in Seattle

</snip>

Recently retired tight end Greg Olsen spent last season with the Seahawks and spoke about how he sees the relationship between Wilson, the team and Pete Carroll, the reasons Wilson feels the way he does and is now expressing himself more, and if he sees Wilson playing somewhere else next season in a podcast appearance with Colin Cowherd.

Olsen ultimately believes the two sides will find the right path to move forward together.

“I think that’s pie in the sky,” Olsen said of the chances of Wilson playing elsewhere. “I don’t think Seattle… You can’t take those odds. If you’re taking the odds today, he’s back in Seattle. They fix the things that they both agree on that needs to get better to push the organization forward.”

</snip>

The staff at the Athletic picked who they thought would be the starter for what team. Each team's beat writer picked a QB, and stated the reasons behind why they thought that QB would be the starter.

Predicting Week 1 NFL starting QBs for all 32 teams: Where are Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo? (paid site)
The Athletic NFL Staff

• Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray
  • Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan
  • Baltimore Ravens: Lamar Jackson
  • Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen

Allen broke through last season, setting single-season franchise records with 4,544 passing yards, 37 touchdown passes and 396 completions. The only questions are when the Bills sign him to an extension and for how much, as he’s entering the final year of his rookie contract. With Matt Barkley hitting free agency, the Bills also must decide what to do at backup. Jake Fromm and Davis Webb are the only in-house options remaining. — Joe Buscaglia

• Carolina Panthers: Deshaun Watson
  • Chicago Bears: Nick Foles
  • Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow
  • Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield
  • Dallas Cowboys: Dak Prescott
  • Denver Broncos: Drew Lock
  • Detroit Lions: Jared Goff
  • Green Bay Packers: Aaron Rodgers
  • Houston Texans: Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Indianapolis Colts: Carson Wentz
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence
  • Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes
  • Las Vegas Raiders: Derek Carr
  • Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert
  • Los Angeles Rams: Matthew Stafford
  • Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa
  • Minnesota Vikings: Kirk Cousins
  • New England *Patriots: Jimmy Garoppolo
  • New Orleans Saints: Jameis Winston
  • New York Giants: Daniel Jones
  • New York Jets: Zach Wilson
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Hurts
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger
  • San Francisco 49ers: Jimmy Garoppolo
  • Seattle Seahawks: Russell Wilson
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Marsha
  • Tennessee Titans: Ryan Tannehill
  • Washington Football Team: Kyle Allen

4 hours ago, Ann said:

The staff at the Athletic picked who they thought would be the starter for what team. Each team's beat writer picked a QB, and stated the reasons behind why they thought that QB would be the starter.

Predicting Week 1 NFL starting QBs for all 32 teams: Where are Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo? (paid site)
The Athletic NFL Staff

• Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray
  • Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan
  • Baltimore Ravens: Lamar Jackson
  • Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen

Allen broke through last season, setting single-season franchise records with 4,544 passing yards, 37 touchdown passes and 396 completions. The only questions are when the Bills sign him to an extension and for how much, as he’s entering the final year of his rookie contract. With Matt Barkley hitting free agency, the Bills also must decide what to do at backup. Jake Fromm and Davis Webb are the only in-house options remaining. — Joe Buscaglia

• Carolina Panthers: Deshaun Watson
  • Chicago Bears: Nick Foles
  • Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow
  • Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield
  • Dallas Cowboys: Dak Prescott
  • Denver Broncos: Drew Lock
  • Detroit Lions: Jared Goff
  • Green Bay Packers: Aaron Rodgers
  • Houston Texans: Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Indianapolis Colts: Carson Wentz
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence
  • Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes
  • Las Vegas Raiders: Derek Carr
  • Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert
  • Los Angeles Rams: Matthew Stafford
  • Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa
  • Minnesota Vikings: Kirk Cousins
  • New England **Patriots: Jimmy Garoppolo
  • New Orleans Saints: Jameis Winston
  • New York Giants: Daniel Jones
  • New York Jets: Zach Wilson
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Hurts
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger
  • San Francisco 49ers: Jimmy Garoppolo
  • Seattle Seahawks: Russell Wilson
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Marsha
  • Tennessee Titans: Ryan Tannehill
  • Washington Football Team: Kyle Allen

Jimmy G is a popular dude starting for 2 teams

no love for Darnold

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 3/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, Ann said:

This chucklehead is going to play until he’s freaking 50.

He is my age (I’m 6 months older), and I stopped playing football after my sophomore year of college (ruined my shoulder). Every single day I wake up in a significant amount of pain, wishing I hadn’t played. I can’t even begin to imagine what this guy feels like, much less how quickly he’s going to break down once he finally hangs them up.

Avacados can only do so much good.

• Like 2