Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

On 2/25/2021 at 12:30 PM, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it certainly seems like a bad idea to trade your most popular and beloved player. 

Would love to see him to go New Orleans and win a ring.

Provided it's an NFC Championship ring & the Bills get the SB ring, that's cool.

Otherwise, ...

• Like 1

My goodness, it is so nice to see "pro bowler" and Buffalo Bills quarterback together, never mind "MVP." Makes me so happy.  🙂

2021 NFL offseason: All 32 teams' QB situations ahead of free agency, draft

</snip>

Josh Allen took a massive leap in 2020, meshing perfectly with offensive coordinator Brian Daboll in Year 3. The Pro Bowler finished fifth in passing yards and posted a 37:10 TD-to-INT ratio and a 107.2 passer rating (fourth among all NFL passers). Allen would have had a legitimate MVP case in a season not dominated by Aaron Rodgers, and he's now positioned firmly as the Bills' franchise quarterback and the face of Buffalo. Should he continue at this pace, the Bills won't have to address the position for the next decade.

</snip>

• FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Provided it's an NFC Championship ring & the Bills get the SB ring, that's cool.

Otherwise, ...

My comment to see Wilson win a ring with another team is exclusively tied to the idea of buttphucking Pete Carroll on national TV after the disgraceful play he called at the goal line to lose the SB to the *Patriots.

Not giving the ball to Marshawn there makes me hate Pete Carroll in ways that are not considered healthy by some doctors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

My comment to see Wilson win a ring with another team is exclusively tied to the idea of buttphucking Pete Carroll on national TV after the disgraceful play he called at the goal line to lose the SB to the ***Patriots.

Not giving the ball to Marshawn there makes me hate Pete Carroll in ways that are not considered healthy by some doctors.

I’d rather see Wilson go to any team and suck.

Edit:  or stay in Seattle and suck. That works for me, too.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I’d rather see Wilson go to any team and suck.

Edit:  or stay in Seattle and suck. That works for me, too.

Staying in Seattle while sucking would put a wire brush up Pete Carroll’s giggy. I could enjoy that. &#%$ Carroll and his choke sign chop to his throat when Norwood was going for a GW FG when PC was the JESTS Coach. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Cheers 1

Quarterback power play isn't a new thing

The winter of quarterback discontent is far from over. Get used to it. It will bleed well into spring and, perhaps in some cases, summer as well.

If you have not begun to fully contemplate the Texans without Deshaun Watson or the Seahawks without Russell Wilson or the Packers without Aaron Rodgers, well, you'd best get started. At least one of them won't be back in the same place in 2021, and all could be gone by 2022. They have leverage. They have a voice. They are quite discerning. They see it all and hear it all. And they have a way of making others know it, directly or indirectly or via a combination of both.

You can trace it back to Carson Palmer forcing his way out of Cincy if you like, getting owner Mike Brown - as stubborn and immovable as anyone in pro sports, who has been categorically opposed to trades on the hole and not one to be bossed around by anyone - to cave to his wishes. Or maybe you've been around long enough to recall Eli Manning letting it be known - mostly passive-aggressively - that he wouldn't be playing for the Chargers, so, well, don't bother drafting me and if you do, you'd better trade me ASAP. Heck, I'm old enough to remember John Elway holding the Baltimore Colts ransom, withholding services, dabbling with low-level minor league baseball and crowbarring his way out of town.

Don't label this some newfangled development. It isn't.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-quarterback-power-play-isnt-a-new-thing-plus-more-disturbing-minority-hiring-trends/

• Like 2

Ten quarterbacks worth pursuing via free agency/2021 NFL Draft/trade
David Carr
NFL.com Analyst

1. Deshaun Watson (trade)
2. Russell Wilson (trade)
3. Sam Darnold (trade)
4. Trevor Lawrence (prospect)
5. Zach Wilson (prospect)
6. Justin Fields (prospect)
7. Marcus Mariota (trade)
8. Mac Jones (prospect)