Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

Ben has used up all the goodwill the team had for him.  All the years of not taking care of himself, not working on his game, being a distraction, etc. are finally catching up to him.  There's definitely a "what have you done for us lately" vibe going on.  

While it didn't get a lot of play in the national media, I think the Steelers are finally taking what James Harrison said about his New England experience a little more seriously.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

Those are some dumb takes.

1.  The Broncos trying to bring in a new QB isn't going to affect Locke.  Uh...right.

2.  Giving up 2 or 3 firsts to get Watson is what it's going to take.  If I'm Houston, 2 isn't enough but if I can get a 25 year old franchise QB for 2 firsts...I'm doing that deal EVERY SINGLE TIME.  You're really only giving up one because one is the QB you're getting.  Makes perfect sense to fill the biggest, most difficult hole with a known commodity for the cost of an unknown commodity.  It just can't be for Sammy friggin' Watkins.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Those are some dumb takes.

1.  The Broncos trying to bring in a new QB isn't going to affect Locke.  Uh...right.

2.  Giving up 2 or 3 firsts to get Watson is what it's going to take.  If I'm Houston, 2 isn't enough but if I can get a 25 year old franchise QB for 2 firsts...I'm doing that deal EVERY SINGLE TIME.  You're really only giving up one because one is the QB you're getting.  Makes perfect sense to fill the biggest, most difficult hole with a known commodity for the cost of an unknown commodity.  It just can't be for Sammy friggin' Watkins.

:wallbash:

No matter how much the Jets keep paying these guys to write these articles, The Jaguars are still picking Lawrence #1.

Some NFL Teams Apparently Have Zach Wilson Above Trevor Lawrence on Draft Boards

</snip>

Matt Miller reported that at least one team had Wilson ahead of Lawrence, while Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting has gone further, claiming multiple NFL teams have Wilson ranked higher. Galko claims Wilson has been compared to Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray:

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Domino #2 falls

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell Chris Mortensen and me.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fschefter_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer1m ago
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Domino #2 falls

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell Chris Mortensen and me.

Ouch

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1362444486102683649

• Wow 3

15 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Domino #2 falls

That dropping sound is the Jets thinking they will get a #1 for Darnold.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Steelers setting the stage to part ways with Ben Roethlisberger?

The Pittsburgh Steelers have made it clear that Ben Roethlisberger will have to agree to a restructured contract if he wants to remain with the team next season.

I can see the Steelers trading for Darnold.  

I think the fact that Darnold has one rookie year left is attractive to take a look, especially in a reduced cap year.

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Domino #2 falls

Ahhhh, the days are long gone when Bills fans would be talking about trying to pick up Jacoby Brissett from Indy now that Wentz is going there. How relaxing and nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Philly will be drafting another QB in a year or two.  Likely fire sale coming in the next few months.  Iggles are old, expensive, and need of a total retooling under whoever that guy is they hired to be HC.  Somehow Roseman is still safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Ahhhh, the days are long gone when Bills fans would be talking about trying to pick up Jacoby Brissett from Indy now that Wentz is going there. How relaxing and nice.

Brissett would be a definite upgrade over WrongJosh. GET IT DONE OBD!