Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Teams have begun calling Eagles on potential trade for Carson Wentz

</snip>

Sources say that teams have begun calling the Eagles on their former starter Wentz, plotting a roadmap for a potential trade as teams get closer to the start of the league year.

The Eagles are not in a hurry to trade Wentz -- and in fact as of now intend for him to return for 2021 under new coach Nick Sirianni -- but they did field the calls and discussed the issue. GM Howie Roseman will almost always listen, and this is no different.

</snip>

FOUR firsts for Watson?  Boy, as a QB don't you wanna go to a team that doesn't have a first round pick for like half a decade?  That sounds terrific.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

FOUR firsts for Watson?  Boy, as a QB don't you wanna go to a team that doesn't have a first round pick for like half a decade?  That sounds terrific.

That's a "hey we tried move". like if the wife tries to make you sell something you really don't want to, you put an outrageous price on it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think they are counting on the two for Carr that they would supposedly be looking for. So, more like two years with no First.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think they are counting on the two for Carr that they would supposedly be looking for. So, more like two years with no First.

Fair.  I got a little emotional about it.  lol

Looking at how the Texans are constructed, you'd have to listen if there were 4 firsts coming your way and at least one of them was guaranteed in the top 5.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Fair.  I got a little emotional about it.  lol

Looking at how the Texans are constructed, you'd have to listen if there were 4 firsts coming your way and at least one of them was guaranteed in the top 5.

I mean, I could be wrong but that is what I took from the article. 4 firsts for anyone is kind of insane but leave it to the Raiders to set that insanity. They have done it before.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yep, this could be a good case of be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

Report: Here’s What The Broncos Offered For Matthew Stafford

</snip>

It was reported earlier this week that Detroit received an offer from Carolina  that included the No. 8 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Believe it or not, the Panthers were’t the only team willing to give up a top-10 pick to land Stafford.

According to Dan Patrick, the Denver Broncos offered the No. 9 overall pick and Drew Lock to the Lions in exchange for Stafford. That trade, however, was not appealing enough for general manager Brad Holmes to pull the trigger.

</snip>

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants

Also; I would just like to point out that I bought my first jersey since the mid 90's except for the Spiller jersey I was gifted. 

I hope I didn't just &#%$ his career. 

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Jets are in such a weird spot with Darnold.

He's not the GM's guy and he's not the Head Coach's guy.  They traded up to get him at #4.. He's three years in and they could lock him up for the fifth year if he plays well next year.  Or they can crap shoot for the second best QB in the draft and use all their other many picks and cap space to build around the completely unproven first year kid.

He's proven that he cant come close to carrying a bad team, and yet they can actually make the team good around him with all the assets they have.  Then he may not get a chance to see if he's a drag on a team with more talent. 

With all the draft picks the Jets have in 2022, I'd stick with Darnold and upgrades.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snafu said:

Jets are in such a weird spot with Darnold.

He's not the GM's guy and he's not the Head Coach's guy.  They traded up to get him at #4.. He's three years in and they could lock him up for the fifth year if he plays well next year.  Or they can crap shoot for the second best QB in the draft and use all their other many picks and cap space to build around the completely unproven first year kid.

He's proven that he cant come close to carrying a bad team, and yet they can actually make the team good around him with all the assets they have.  Then he may not get a chance to see if he's a drag on a team with more talent. 

With all the draft picks the Jets have in 2022, I'd stick with Darnold and upgrades.

Jets will take Wilson in the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Jets will take Wilson in the draft. 

I can’t take that kid serious. He might be really good, but he looks like he’s 14 years old. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

I can’t take that kid serious. He might be really good, but he looks like he’s 14 years old. 

That’s why I can’t take Trevor Lawrence seriously. 
trevor-lawrence-look-alikes-twitterjpg.j

star-wars-jar-jarjpg-bb74e9d700d8daed.jp

• Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

18 minutes ago, Nanker said:

That’s why I can’t take Trevor Lawrence seriously. 
trevor-lawrence-look-alikes-twitterjpg.j

star-wars-jar-jarjpg-bb74e9d700d8daed.jp

Put some glasses on the kid and he could pass for Martina Navratilova. 

• Haha 4