Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Quick Laugh to Get By

Foxx

On 12/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, Foxx said:

I've sent a few guys to retrieve the 'board stretcher' when a board was short. 

Hey new guy, can you do me a favor?  Login to the LDAP server and run sudo rm -rf /

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, MothersMilk said:

May be an image of text that says 'WHAT GIVES PEOPLE FEELINGS OF POWER MONEY STATUS SENDING THE NEW GUY FOR ATOOL THAT DOESN' EXIST'

When my Dad was in the Navy, he was assigned to an oil tanker after leaving Viet Nam. One of the first things they tried to do was send him to find 'relative bearing grease'. He was ordered to look through the catalogue, which he did. When he didn't find it (obviously), he was ordered to leave the ship and not come back until he found some.

He left the ship and went bar hopping, reporting back to his ship the next morning - fully prepared to go back out and resume his 'search' for the grease. The officer was pissed and wanted to charge him with going AWOL, but couldn't when Dad pointed out that he was only following his order, and demanded a court martial (NOT a captain's mast) if he wanted to press charges.

Edited by Koko

On 12/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, Foxx said:

I've sent a few guys to retrieve the 'board stretcher' when a board was short. 

Brings back memories to first job out of college in a wood office furniture plant.  Did not fall for it but heard it often.

• Cheers 1

When I was stocking shelves at 18yo I worked at P+C the new guy was learning what we called the "wall of values". That was just as you were entering the building with all the weeks sale items. We had to put Jars of Ragu up and we lacked about 2 inches. I told him to go out to the produce department to get the shelf stretcher. The guy in produce sent him to the meat room. That guy sent him the the front end. The lady in the front end sent him to the mop closet. The assistant manager saw him milling around in there and asked him what he was looking for and he stared at him for a moment and told him to go upstairs to the store managers office. The manager laughed at him and told him he was being played. Heck, we were only making 3.75 an hour.....so a week later I sent him after a bucket of steam. He just friend requested me last night on FB. Have not seen him in 33 years.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 12/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, Fansince88 said:

.....so a week later I sent him after a bucket of steam. 

I'd have brought you a bucket of water and told you it was "uncooked steam."

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I would have brought an empty bucket.

Said it was "uncooked Steam"

Recipe:  Add water and boil........

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I dunno.. I would probably have to let you go for being too smart for your own good.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

aYPC55Y.jpg

Whatever edibles he ate are nothing compared to whatever the person was on who picked those tiles...

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Whatever edibles he ate are nothing compared to whatever the person was on who picked those tiles...

Probably some guy named Rorschach.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I would have brought an empty bucket.

Said it was "uncooked Steam"

Recipe:  Add water and boil........

You're an idiot.  That's not the recipe for uncooked steam.  That's the recipe for reconstituting dehydrated steam.  Completely different.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1