Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2029 [Josh Allen Contact Extension Thread]

You Dirty Rat

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Kirwan and Miller are at Bills camp this afternoon (being played right now), and spoke to Beane, who said he got a call last night around 10 p.m. from Josh's reps. There was a single sticking point in negotiations, and they called to concede that final point in exchange for a couple of other smaller things, to which Kirwan responded, "Which tells me Josh told his reps 'Get this thing done.' "

Beane agreed.

He said it started last year on the golf course, where he wanted to find out from Josh what was important to him in the deal BEFORE they start negotiating to ensure it's a mutually beneficial deal.

Lastly, while interviewing Knox, he said "This is the best team and camp we've been to this year and everyone knows you're the new hunted team. How do you approach that this year?"

Interview with Josh is coming up. I'll try to update in real time if possible.

• Like 3

Interview with Josh:

Kirwan: "Somewhere along the line it looked like you pushed this thing along."

Josh: "Yeah, I have a real good relationship with Beane and my agent, and it really feels like it's a win for everything."

Josh:

"The embrace of all my teammates was just awesome. The love we share in this locker room is genuine."

"I don't know if there is a guy who has as much fun on the field as I do. It's the greatest game in the world and I'm blessed that it's my job."

Talking about comfort in situational football.

Josh: I feel like I'm fully equipped for situational football. Kudos to Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley, as well as coaches, to help him adjust to all situations. Loves Buffalo because it reminds him of his home town. "Hard to pay for my own meal in this town."

Been working on the 15-20 yard unders and ins and shallows "from my eyes left to right." Staying healthy. Constantly talking to teammates and trying to be the best teammate I can be. The more I throw the more I can feel my throws and adjustments. Talks about how hard he is on himself, which he says is important is to keep himself motivated.

"There are two kinds of players: those who get figured out and those can figure it out. I'm going to the one who figures it out."

Kirwan comments to Allen that he has a friend at the golf course where Josh is a member, and watches Josh get in his own shit whenever he misses an easy putt.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3