Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ann said:

False positives

Huh, seems to be happening a lot lately. Most noticeable with the NFL because of their mas of testing. How many labeled as positive in real life are not? Co-workers 83 yo dad tested positive and said it was like a common cold. He put down 3 cord of wood and replaced 3 windows in his basement after the sheriff came and told him he couldn't leave his property till they told him otherwise or he would be arrested. 10 days later they called him and told him he could leave his house. He never got retested at all. 

Warching GMFB, and Rappaport reporting Raiders put 5 OL on reserve/covid list for close contact with Thomas, who has tested positive. Does not mean they can not play Sunday, but there are some protocols they have to pass through first. He  is reporting the NFL was is investigating whether proper protocols were followed regarding masks and device tracking protocols. Bucs-Raiders was moved from Sunday night to Sunday 4:25 to give the league flexibility in case game needs to be moved. Think this is where the NFL comes in with a baby hammer, not an anvil, and lays some punishment down. 

BTW, was going to post this in the  Around the NFL thread..then thought of this thread...for the time being until we get a little bigger wonder if we should just combine them? @Annand @Foxx? Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Warching GMFB, and Rappaport reporting Raiders put 5 OL on reserve/covid list for close contact with Thomas, who has tested positive. Does not mean they can not play Sunday, but there are some protocols they have to pass through first. He  is reporting the NFL was is investigating whether proper protocols were followed regarding masks and device tracking protocols. Bucs-Raiders was moved from Sunday night to Sunday 4:25 to give the league flexibility in case game needs to be moved. Think this is where the NFL comes in with a baby hammer, not an anvil, and lays some punishment down. 

BTW, was going to post this in the  Around the NFL thread..then thought of this thread...for the time being until we get a little bigger wonder if we should just combine them? @Annand @Foxx? Thoughts?

I had asked @GG1 about that thread, and he said it was ongoing. COVID will not last forever.  :dance2: I understand why you would like the threads combined, but for now, how about if they remain separate (we are not being overrun with threads)? If you want to post the same information in both thread, that is fine!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

I had asked @GG1 about that thread, and he said it was ongoing. COVID will not last forever.  :dance2: I understand why you would like the threads combined, but for now, how about if they remain separate (we are not being overrun with threads)? If you want to post the same information in both thread, that is fine!! 

I have it on good authority that Covid will be gone on Nov 4, just like the peaceful protests disappeared all of a sudden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, Ann said:

:classic_blink:

The light penalty supports my theory that the Titans did nothing wrong

The slew of positive tests was caused by direct leak from the lab - designed to create chaos before the election

I believe standard NFL protocol is for all test results with cycle counts to be delivered to the league - who then determines if the test is a legitimate positive (below 30 cycle count)

NFL, NFLPA COVID-19 monitoring testing results from Oct. 18 to Oct. 24

Monitoring Testing results for October 18 – October 24:  

* 42,687 tests were administered to a total of 7,817 players and team personnel.
* 16,799 tests were administered to 2,491 players; 25,888 tests were administered to 5,326 personnel.
* There were eight new confirmed positive tests among players and 11 new confirmed positives among other personnel.

Total test results for the entire Monitoring Testing period to-date, Aug 1 – Oct 24:

* During Monitoring Testing from Aug 1 – Oct 24, 55 players and 82 other personnel were confirmed positive cases.
* More than 500,000 tests were administered to players and personnel during the Aug 1 – Oct 24 period.

4 hours ago, Ann said:

NFL, NFLPA COVID-19 monitoring testing results from Oct. 18 to Oct. 24

Monitoring Testing results for October 18 – October 24:  

* 42,687 tests were administered to a total of 7,817 players and team personnel.
* 16,799 tests were administered to 2,491 players; 25,888 tests were administered to 5,326 personnel.
* There were eight new confirmed positive tests among players and 11 new confirmed positives among other personnel.

Total test results for the entire Monitoring Testing period to-date, Aug 1 – Oct 24:

* During Monitoring Testing from Aug 1 – Oct 24, 55 players and 82 other personnel were confirmed positive cases.
* More than 500,000 tests were administered to players and personnel during the Aug 1 – Oct 24 period.

good thing they didn't have a slew of really sick people with myocarditis to report on

Not NFL-related, but how can anyone take Covid warnings seriously after what MLB pulled with Justin Turner yesterday, and then his actions after Dodgers won the Series?  Either this is the most deadly disease ever, or perhaps not.

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Not NFL-related, but how can anyone take Covid warnings seriously after what MLB pulled with Justin Turner yesterday, and then his actions after Dodgers won the Series?  Either this is the most deadly disease ever, or perhaps not.

Can you explain further? I heard that he tested positive but then celebrated with the team after. What was MLB's role? 

Just now, LB3 said:

Can you explain further? I heard that he tested positive but then celebrated with the team after. What was MLB's role? 

For starters, how does someone test positive in the middle of the game?  Then, if the league has a strict protocol to isolate positive cases, how in the world was he allowed back on the field and then hug his teammates?

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

For starters, how does someone test positive in the middle of the game?  Then, if the league has a strict protocol to isolate positive cases, how in the world was he allowed back on the field and then hug his teammates?

Thanks for clarifying. I had no idea they pulled him mid-game. What a farce.

26 minutes ago, GG1 said:

the guy was in close contact with his teammates the entire day and during the game

yet magically in the 8th inning he suddenly became radioactive

even though he clearly was not sick

the team should state the obvious when addressing why he was allowed on the filed to celebrate a once in a lifetime acheivement

namely, if anyone does get sick, get treated and recover like 99.8%

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

the guy was in close contact with his teammates the entire day and during the game

yet magically in the 8th inning he suddenly became radioactive

even though he clearly was not sick

the team should state the obvious when addressing why he was allowed on the filed to celebrate a once in a lifetime acheivement

namely, if anyone does get sick, get treated and recover like 99.8%

Agree with the sentiment, but I think your percentages are way off for this sample demographic

15 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Agree with the sentiment, but I think your percentages are way off for this sample demographic

what would be his % of recovery?

not sick, no symptoms