Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It's also a heart condition NOT connected with COVID-19.  :wallbash:

Wait....are you trying to say it isn't a new condition that just began in March?

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I thought so...but you know, I googled it, and I stand corrected.  I can find no evidence of a football player - or anyone else - having myocarditis before July of this year.

Actually my father in law is in Watertown Hospital with Sepsis from a UTI that eventually caused this and he tested negative for Covid. The UTI happened right after he had a Prostrate "snip" and found cancer in 3 of the 20 snips.....so I guess cancer causes it too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Probably should be its own thread as it is Bills related but.....

127242094_3472579642855296_3615235098616502128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=HVIl07bUBfsAX_tiBEf&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=d70f3e7403cbe915f469a92defd9d54e&oe=5FE07E49

I posted it in this thread a few hours ago, and didn’t think so, but have no objection if you want to. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Actually my father in law is in Watertown Hospital with Sepsis from a UTI that eventually caused this and he tested negative for Covid. The UTI happened right after he had a Prostrate "snip" and found cancer in 3 of the 20 snips.....so I guess cancer causes it too.

I hope he is better soon! Sepsis is no joke. Best wishes to him. 

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope he is better soon! Sepsis is no joke. Best wishes to him. 

On the mend. Left ICU Saturday afternoon. Toughest part for us is not being able to see him. That and not getting updates. He is 84. Cant keep his hearing aids in because of all the electronic sounds but cant hear his phone ring either. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I thought so...but you know, I googled it, and I stand corrected.  I can find no evidence of a football player - or anyone else - having myocarditis before July of this year.

you should check the Big 10-  30% of all players were modeled to get it within days of playing

Memo details updates to NFL's COVID-19 protocols; masks required for players on sidelines

</snip>

Some additional points of note:

● Beginning Week 12, the maximum number of players able to travel to road games will be reduced to 62. To ensure equity, teams must submit a list of players designated as eligible to attend and/or play by 4 p.m. ET the day before game day to the league office.
● Play-callers will no be required to wear a face mask or double-layered gaiter in addition to a face shied to be consistent with all other coaches who choose to wear face shields.
● Postgame interactions between players and/or staff will be limited.
● Starting Nov. 30, access to club facilities will be limited to those designated as "Essential Football, Essential Support or Other Medical/Special Services." All others must now work remotely or a separate facility.
● Beginning with Week 13 games, all members of teams' traveling parties must wear N95 or KN95 masks on the team plane and on the team bus.

</snip>

Buffalo Bills Fan
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Hope he feels better man! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Hope he feels better man! 

He had a good night. They finally gave him something to drink. he hasn't eaten since Wednesday of last week. No longer in the ICU. Arrhythmia went away but came back. Still touch and go. Thanks

• Like 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

He had a good night. They finally gave him something to drink. he hasn't eaten since Wednesday of last week. No longer in the ICU. Arrhythmia went away but came back. Still touch and go. Thanks

He will be in my prayers.

• Like 1