Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

Texans GM Responds To Deshaun Watson Trade Rumors

Organizationally, we want to reiterate our commitment to Deshaun Watson," Caserio said. "We have zero interest in trading the player."

Culley added that he believes Watson will remain with the franchise and that he is the face of the franchise.

"He is a Houston Texan. I want him to be a Houston Texan, and the reason I am in this position is because he is going to be a Houston Texan," Culley said.

Billsandhorns
4 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

He should be able to put whatever differences he's had behind.  Fresh start with new coaches.  He's a great player, work it out. 

I think he stated that his differences were higher up than the coaches

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

If he sits out he doesn't get paid. Thats the bottom line.

Too much money to sit out. He's hosed. His only bargaining chip is if they decide to trade him, he can veto where he goes.  The Texans would be insane to trade him, no matter what the offer. As the Bills have seen, you do not go far without a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

You Dirty Rat
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

Too much money to sit out. He's hosed. His only bargaining chip is if they decide to trade him, he can veto where he goes.  The Texans would be insane to trade him, no matter what the offer. As the Bills have seen, you do not go far without a franchise QB. 

I tend to believe this is nothing more then Watson Power play. I wish him luck with that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

I think he stated that his differences were higher up than the coaches

Yes, work it out I say.  In time I think it happens and he's got a terrific QB friendly new HC. 

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
23 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Yes, work it out I say.  In time I think it happens and he's got a terrific QB friendly new HC. 

I agree, but I think he doesn't like ownership. We will see

I'm still a bit fuzzy as to where Watson's belief that he was going to have a spot on the GM search committee came from. Everything I've seen seems to point to it being an invention of his own mind.

Granted, the Texans are a Grade A shitshow, but it's not their fault if he just decided he was going to be in on the decision and they ignored his fantasy. Of course, if the owner told him he was going to be given input, then Watson has every right to feel snubbed.

12 hours ago, Koko said:

I'm still a bit fuzzy as to where Watson's belief that he was going to have a spot on the GM search committee came from. Everything I've seen seems to point to it being an invention of his own mind.

Granted, the Texans are a Grade A shitshow, but it's not their fault if he just decided he was going to be in on the decision and they ignored his fantasy. Of course, if the owner told him he was going to be given input, then Watson has every right to feel snubbed.

The Jets have to be thrilled that  they are not the most dysfunctional team in the league right now.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ann said:

The Jets have to be thrilled that  they are not the most dysfunctional team in the league right now.

Give them time.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Koko said:

He's probably been watching the inmates run the NBA asylum and wondering why the NFL doesn't work that way.

• Like 1

Yeah, I dunno 'bout all that.  Yes, we no longer live in a shut up and play world but what happened to honoring your word? You signed a contract, which should be the end of the discussion. I know word meanings change all the time (by design?) but the last time I looked, contract meant that you were entering into a legally binding agreement that sets forth obligations on behalf of both parties.

Sure you can voice your displeasure about events that impact you but at the end of the day, you are legally bound. As with other areas of humanity, we are quickly approaching the stage where the inmates are running the asylum. Maybe these sophisticated sports agents should incorporate language into these contracts that stipulate giving players certain rights outside of the current norm. Until they do, I really don't want to hear about your whine ass issues.

Stefon Diggs can relate to Deshaun Watson: ‘We don’t live in a shut up and play world anymore’

... “We don’t live in a shut up and play world anymore. Not at all, in no way, shape or form,” Diggs said. “People (are) realizing their power and players (are) understanding how much they mean. They just want to have a say in the things that take place. This is our life, this is our career, and we take it pretty serious. I don’t really know the ins and outs of Deshaun Watson’s situation, but he’s obviously upset for a good reason. It’s not for no reason.” ...

• Cheers 1

There is a video also at the link where Ian Rapoport says the Texans are "not taking calls."

Texans standing firm on Deshaun Watson: 'The goal is to get him back, period'

The Houston Texans are sending the same message to interested teams about Deshaun Watson that they've delivered publicly:

They have no interest in trading their disgruntled star quarterback.

Other teams remain skeptical the Texans can stay the course and eventually change the mind of Watson, who requested a trade last month and still hasn't communicated with new general manager Nick Caserio or coach David Culley, even after Culley reached out upon his hiring.

But some executives with other teams haven't even had their calls and text messages about Watson returned by the Texans. Other executives who have spoken with Houston say Caserio has been very firm Watson is not available, leading them to believe the Texans are focused on trying to repair the relationship first.

As one person with knowledge of the Texans' thinking put it: "The goal is to get him back, period."

</snip>