Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

On 2/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, Foxx said:

Yeah, I dunno 'bout all that.  Yes, we no longer live in a shut up and play world but what happened to honoring your word? You signed a contract, which should be the end of the discussion. I know word meanings change all the time (by design?) but the last time I looked, contract meant that you were entering into a legally binding agreement that sets forth obligations on behalf of both parties.

Sure you can voice your displeasure about events that impact you but at the end of the day, you are legally bound. As with other areas of humanity, we are quickly approaching the stage where the inmates are running the asylum. Maybe these sophisticated sports agents should incorporate language into these contracts that stipulate giving players certain rights outside of the current norm. Until they do, I really don't want to hear about your whine ass issues.

Stefon Diggs can relate to Deshaun Watson: ‘We don’t live in a shut up and play world anymore’

... “We don’t live in a shut up and play world anymore. Not at all, in no way, shape or form,” Diggs said. “People (are) realizing their power and players (are) understanding how much they mean. They just want to have a say in the things that take place. This is our life, this is our career, and we take it pretty serious. I don’t really know the ins and outs of Deshaun Watson’s situation, but he’s obviously upset for a good reason. It’s not for no reason.” ...

Yup.  It's simply a matter of the team having the stones to hold firm.  If you're going to be the NBA and cave because of what some talking head says on ESPN or what a million idiots say on social media, well, I guess you deserve what you get.  At the end of the day, if a guy doesn't report he doesn't get paid, so his options ultimately are to play or retire.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

What exactly does a “character coach do?”  Is it like an acting coach?

I think they walk around and when a player does something poorly, the coach walks up to them and says "That was really out of character for you."

Then the player feels better about himself and usually says "Thanks Character Coach."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
7 hours ago, Ann said:

They beat the Bills in a playoff game last year. What a mess they are now.

they.JPG

What stands out to me about that list is how the Bills have 4 out of 5 checked off,  3 of which are already locked in long(ish) term with the fourth about to join them. 

... Come on down, JJ Watt. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Report: Deshaun Watson has shortlist of teams he wants

Deshaun Watson is still a Houston Texan, even after the team released JJ Watt on Friday. But, Watson does have a shortlist of teams he’d prefer to go to.

Originally, it looked like the preferred destinations for Watson were the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. However, according to ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler, those two teams appear to be less likely to land the former Clemson star compared to others.

Fowler joined “Get Up” on Friday to discuss.

“Here's the latest, I checked in with a source,” Fowler said. “He said Deshaun Watson has a list of teams he's intrigued by. He's not pigeonholing anything, but he's got a list. I didn't get all the teams, but I was told the Denver Broncos and San Francisco 49ers are two of them. I also asked about the Jets and the Dolphins because they have the most draft capital in the next few years. I was told the Jets ‘ehh probably not.’ Maybe more so the Dolphins as far as viability. ...

• Haha 2

Who is John McClain? Well, when not rescuing his wife from tall buildings: Has covered the NFL for the Houston Chronicle for 45 years. Can be heard on Sports Radio 610 in Houston.

yes, yes, I know the John McClane in Die Hard is spelled differently. 🙂

predicted.JPG

8 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I would become a Texans fan of they kept that dude and made his ass play or just sit him until he does. Punk ass signed a contract and has no integrity.

Agreed. Pen on paper? Honor it!

A lot of already knowns put together in one spot. The Athletic, paid site.

Shattered trust: How Deshaun Watson lost faith in the Houston Texans

</snip>

Watson was angry about the trade, which represented the first major crack in the relationship between him and the team, but less than six months later, shortly before the first game of the season, he agreed to a $156 million contract extension — the second-richest deal in football. On a Zoom call with reporters and friends, Watson, tears welling in his eyes, thanked owner Cal McNair, coach and general manager Bill O’Brien and executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby. “For the McNair family, OB, Jack to just trust in me, believe in me — I’m their guy, I’m their quarterback — is the biggest thing that really touches me,” Watson said before his voice cracked. Back in his hometown of Gainesville, Ga., Watson’s family crowded into view of a single webcam. They told him there was only one thing left to do: win a Super Bowl.

</snip>