Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

42 minutes ago, Ann said:

Thread

Watson hardly had time to schedule a massage, let alone "assault" this latest victim

Does the referral by a coach tie the Texans to these lawsuits?

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Watson hardly had time to schedule a massage, let alone "assault" this latest victim

Does the referral by a coach tie the Texans to these lawsuits?

No idea. 

This attorney reminds me of Michael Avenatti.  Probably just as credible. 

• Like 1

So did Watson know this was coming and wanted out of Houston for this reason, or could the team be devious enough to facilitate this to destroy his chances or going somewhere this year and have grounds not to pay him? 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Thread

We're not in this for publicity or money, so I'll ask for uncapped punitive damages, post everything on twitter, then hold a press conference (you know, to make sure no one knows about what is happening.)

• Like 2

I'm guessing an investigation will reveal the following:

• Scummy Lawyer: I need money
  • Accuser 1: #MeToo
  • Accuser 2: #MeToo
  • Accuser 3: #MeToo
  • Accuser 4: #MeToo
  • Accuser 5: #MeToo
  • Accuser 6: #MeToo
  • Accuser 7: #MeToo

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

So did Watson know this was coming and wanted out of Houston for this reason, or could the team be devious enough to facilitate this to destroy his chances or going somewhere this year and have grounds not to pay him? 

Does he have a character clause in his contract? Would be interesting to find out if he does or not.

49 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Your take might just be on the money.

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/1373043588431548416

That may very well turn out to be the case, but games can be played from all directions. He could very well have been contacted by someone he believed to be with the police department. And that contact could have been a reporter trying to get inside info, someone messing around, someone from Watson’s own camp, etc.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I remember reading James Harrison's regimen and how he spent between $250-$500k annually to keep himself in the best physical condition possible (diet, blood work, chiro, trainer, masseuse, etc).  He was literally using the top people in the Pittburgh area to handle him.

I can't help but ask myself why a guy with a $156M contract is personally texting numerous different women for that job and asking the kinda question he did.  Are there other possible explanations?  Of course, but my radar is definitely turned on.

For those of you making jabs at the lawyer, welcome to the real legal system.  Reputable law firms are basically large political entities.  The only place they care about "justice" or "what's right" is on scripted television shows.  Going after a famous athlete sends the wrong message to other really rich people/entities, which would hurt the bottom line.  So normal/regular people get the "Better Call Saul" lawyers.   Dude is probably a shyster but that doesn't mean all of these women are just trying to get paid.

I hope Watson isn't this guy because I am a huge fan.  I really, REALLY wanted the BILLS to draft him because to me he clearly had "IT".

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hope Watson isn't this guy because I am a huge fan.  I really, REALLY wanted the BILLS to draft him because to me he clearly had "IT".

I'm with you. I'm a fan of the athlete. My skepticism on all this comes from the fact -- as it usually does -- that this has apparently been going on for a while, but only now becomes a massive issue involving multiple women, when he's trying to get out of town.

I'm not saying none of this is true. The timing is just screwed up.

In the end, it won't matter. If they find him guilty of all of it, and he gets tossed from the league, the door will remain open for his return and someone will pay him millions after he makes his apology tour.

If they'll take back Michael Vick, they'll take back anyone with supreme talent.

• Like 1

For the record, I have zero interest in 

Texans GM Nick Caserio's take of his “Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson”  

this soap opera is idiotic. 

Rate this topic

Six more lawsuits filed vs. Deshaun Watson, including one alleging sexual assault in March 2021

Six more lawsuits alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct were filed against Deshaun Watson on Monday, including one that alleges the Houston Texans quarterback sexually assaulted a woman this month.

The attorney representing the women, Tony Buzbee, has filed 13 lawsuits against Watson since last week.

</snip>

I know that I shouldn't make assumptions, but why isn't Watson out there proclaiming his innocence ?

I would be doing it daily.  He is getting killed in the media to the point where, 99% of the people already think that he is guilty .