Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

That team as bad as it is...with gutless Tyrod....they might be the favorites for the first pick in the draft next year. If I’m Beane I’d target the Texans as a team to trade with and my goal would be 2022 picks. 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

That team as bad as it is...with gutless Tyrod....they might be the favorites for the first pick in the draft next year. If I’m Beane I’d target the Texans as a team to trade with and my goal would be 2022 picks. 

You think they are going to trade away any future picks after what Bill O'Brien did?

Troy Vincent on Deshaun Watson situation: “This is not good for anybody”

Since the issue first emerged more than a month ago, the league office had remained publicly silent on the controversy surrounding Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Saturday, NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent broke that silence during an appearance on FOX Sports Radio.

“I’m just praying for the young man, personally, today,” Vincent told LaVar Arrington, Plaxico Burress, and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. “I’m praying for him and his family. I’m praying for the young ladies that have come out. This is not good for anybody, forget the sport.

“But I think we’ve learned that every situation’s different. They’re delicate. You make sure that folks, whether it’s the accuser, the victim, whoever it may be, that there’s a due process in place. And I think we’ve learned that over time, not that we’ve rushed in the past, but I think we’ve learned from the different cases that we’ve seen with this particular subject matter, let the due process take care of itself, then that’s up to Lisa [Friel] and her team to now make the proper recommendations to what direction the Commissioner and the Commissioner’s office should take.”

</snip>

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

Troy Vincent on Deshaun Watson situation: “This is not good for anybody”

Since the issue first emerged more than a month ago, the league office had remained publicly silent on the controversy surrounding Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Saturday, NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent broke that silence during an appearance on FOX Sports Radio.

“I’m just praying for the young man, personally, today,” Vincent told LaVar Arrington, Plaxico Burress, and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. “I’m praying for him and his family. I’m praying for the young ladies that have come out. This is not good for anybody, forget the sport.

“But I think we’ve learned that every situation’s different. They’re delicate. You make sure that folks, whether it’s the accuser, the victim, whoever it may be, that there’s a due process in place. And I think we’ve learned that over time, not that we’ve rushed in the past, but I think we’ve learned from the different cases that we’ve seen with this particular subject matter, let the due process take care of itself, then that’s up to Lisa [Friel] and her team to now make the proper recommendations to what direction the Commissioner and the Commissioner’s office should take.”

</snip>

I wonder if Troy Vincent really gets down on his knees at night and speaks to God about Deshaun Watson's proclivity for getting a tug and the trouble it has brought him. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

:classic_dry:

Member of legal team suing Deshaun Watson reached out to discuss 'working things out'

A member of the team representing the women suing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson recently reached out to Watson's legal team to discuss the case, according to text messages and a recording reviewed by ESPN.

In a statement released Thursday afternoon, Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, suggested Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the 22 women who have filed civil lawsuits against Watson, has attempted to settle the case on several occasions.

Buzbee denied the claim early Friday morning in an Instagram post.

"Contrary to what Mr. Rusty says, we haven't approached them to settle, ever," he wrote.

The text messages and recording reviewed by ESPN show a member of Buzbee's team approaching Watson's legal team to discuss "working things out" between Watson and the women who have filed the lawsuits.

Buzbee told ESPN on Friday that he was "the only one at this firm who has the authority to discuss settlement."

</snip>

49 minutes ago, Ann said:

I always enjoy this nonsense. He's going to get it anyway. It's not really relevant when he gets the information, other than the plaintiffs trying to leverage a settlement.

The only strategic reason for resisting turning over discovery in a civil case is to attempt negotiation-by-ambush. Watson has no incentive to play that game, now that his reputation has been trashed by the grandstanding by the plaintiffs' attorney.

• Like 2

Deshaun Watson posts workout videos

Link to his IG page

Watson has posted a series of workout videos on his Instagram page. It’s the first we’ve seen or heard from him since he preemptively addressed the filing of the first of 22 lawsuits alleging misconduct during massage therapy sessions.

He’s shown engaging in a variety of drills, both on a field and in a gym. They look fairly basic and safe, but as everyone learned (or should have learned) in the Ja'Wuan James situation, a fluke injury that would knock Watson out for 2021 would jeopardize his eight-figure salary that otherwise is guaranteed for skill, salary cap, or injury suffered at the team facility.

If/when the lawsuits pending against Watson are settled, he’d quite possibly be promptly traded to a new team. For now, he’s a Texan — but he has no inclination to work out with the Texans. The Texans, in turn, are probably glad he’s not showing up.

</snip>

• 2 weeks later...