Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I know that I shouldn't make assumptions, but why isn't Watson out there proclaiming his innocence ?

I would be doing it daily.  He is getting killed in the media to the point where, 99% of the people already think that he is guilty .

He's probably being advised not to make any statements. At this point, anything he says would just make it worse. The 'believe all women no matter what' crowd will just point to his denials as proof of guilt, the alleged victims will just add slander claims/damages to the lawsuits not seeking money or publicity, and the permanently offended will just be offended by him protesting his innocence.

Right now, it's a no-win scenario for him.

Alaska Darin
44 minutes ago, Ann said:

It is perfectly normal for women not to report sexual assault. 

https://journalistsresource.org/economics/sexual-assault-report-why-research/

When you add in other factors it's almost expected.  It generally takes a domino or two to fall for a lot of people to come forward.  Is it likely some of them are lying?  Of course.  ALL of them?  Boy, that's a leap I'm not willing to take.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

When you add in other factors it's almost expected.  It generally takes a domino or two to fall for a lot of people to come forward.  Is it likely some of them are lying?  Of course.  ALL of them?  Boy, that's a leap I'm not willing to take.

My assumption is that lots of guys try to procure a happy ending even in reputable massage places where that's not cool, so the women largely consider that an occupational hazard.  But as you said, once the first complaint is filed, the dominos fall.

As for any of these women who were employed at Bob Kraft's Asian Dawn Spa, that's just someone looking for a payday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yes, it is perfectly normal for women not to report sexual assault.  It is also perfectly normal for women to talk. If Watson had a bad rep, it would have been known far and wide.

Now, am I saying the allegations are not true? Nope. Am I saying they are true? Nope. All I am saying is someone, anyone, in a group of 15-20- should have reported it to the police.  The average is (approximately) 1 in 4 sexual assaults are reported. There should be a number of police reports.

• Like 2

The flaws in the statements issued on behalf of Deshaun Watson

</snip>

We’ve posted both the Hardin statement and the testimony from Bryan Burney regarding alleged efforts by one of the plaintiffs to receive $30,000 in exchange for silence regarding consensual sexual activities with Watson. This article outlines the potential flaws lurking in and/or flowing from both documents.

</snip>

Second, Hardin never denies that sexual activity occurred during these massages. Instead, he says that “any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false.” This implies that consensual sex occurred, not necessarily all the time but at least some of the time, during what were supposed to be massages.

Third, although it’s entirely possible that Watson will be able to show that one of the plaintiffs had an improper profit motive, it’s very difficult at this point to say, as Hardin does, that one fabricated claim “calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.” If there were only two or three or even four other cases, exposing one as false would necessarily justify intense scrutiny of the others. Here, with 16 cases filed and up to eight more (and maybe more) on the way, it’s impossible to undermine all claims simply by causing one to implode.

</snip>

The lawsuit that could be most problematic for Deshaun Watson

Amid the pile of lawsuits though, one that was filed late Tuesday afternoon in Harris County, Texas, could prove to be the most problematic for Watson.

It includes a potential criminal act, possible physical evidence and multiple counts of contemporaneous reporting that experts say is critical in these kinds of situations. It also mirrors many of the other allegations and potentially bolsters them due to the date of the act and the woman's real-time reporting.

Watson’s actions are a potential violation of 22.012 of the Texas penal code — indecent assault — which is punishable for up to one year in prison or a fine of $4,000.

This story seems to be gaining amazingly little traction. Personally, I'm glad the media (for the most part) seems to be opting for the wait and see approach rather than the rush to judgment approach, but it raises the question as to why they've abandoned their playbook.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

This story seems to be gaining amazingly little traction. Personally, I'm glad the media (for the most part) seems to be opting for the wait and see approach rather than the rush to judgment approach, but it raises the question as to why they've abandoned their playbook.

Compare this to the Stanford swimmer guy and it's headlines. Or Vick. 

It's bizzare. 

#METOO has been eating their own. Cuomo won't step down and they've stopped going after him for the most part. Everyone has their price. Kamala accused Former Vice President Xiden of being a racist and a sex offender during the debates. Now, he's a synapse snap away from being the Commander in Chief. The NFL doesn't want any more scandals. It's bad for business.

43 minutes ago, Boyst said:

It's bizzare. 

It's not bizarre.  It just doesn't fit the current desired narrative.

59 minutes ago, Boyst said:

It's bizzare. 

Makes you wonder what the "msm" knows about all these lawsuits, doesn't it?

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Makes you wonder what the "msm" knows about all these lawsuits, doesn't it?

Not really.  They're not going to speculate even a little because he's not a member of privileged society.  When you call everyone else racist all the time, you have to be extra careful to avoid that ever-moving target.

It's kinda like Cuomo.  If he was a Republican, they'd be hanging him in effigy on the daily.