Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

Chandemonium
15 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Siciliano comes across as a pretty good dude on Red Zone but I don't know why he doesn't use some of that coin he's making to fix those friggin' things.  They're friggin' ridiculous.

Supposedly cats can tell if their shoulders will fit through a narrow gap by if their whiskers brush the sides or not when entering. Maybe he uses his ears the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, GG1 said:

That is the odd part.  Anyone who gets regular massages, especially for performance reasons, does not jump around 40 masseuses.  

In any event, for the type of muscle work that Watson would need for therapy, a male masseur would certainly be more appropriate.

Agree fully. I have a tremendous masseur and he has been the only one I've ever found who can work with my body and issues and I'm not at Watsons level.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:44 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Siciliano comes across as a pretty good dude on Red Zone but I don't know why he doesn't use some of that coin he's making to fix those friggin' things.  They're friggin' ridiculous.

Why would he do that? Imagine all the money he saves not having to use airlines to fly anywhere. He just starts flapping those things, and away he goes...

On 4/3/2021 at 1:44 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I think Siciliano completely makes the RZ channel work. He gets to make the schnide little remarks you'd rarely hear in the booth during games and cracks me up quite a bit. That said, I spend more than my share of time on social media when the NFL is on and the Bills aren't playing, and I've always felt that in the wasteland that is Twitter commentary on Football Sundays, the lack of jokes about his ears is a testament to how much people enjoy him on the RZ channel.

Everybody has a comment for everybody calling a game...but no one ever seems to take a shot at the dude with the massive ears. 

• Cheers 2

Cal McNair: Texans take allegations against Deshaun Watson “very seriously

The Texans haven’t said much publicly regarding the 20-day-old controversy involving quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Monday, owner Cal McNair said plenty.

Via the Houston Chronicle, McNair sent a letter to season-ticket holders that addressed the situation in strong terms.

We want to take this opportunity to address the complaint filed with the Houston Police Department and the allegations made in the civil lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson,” the letter explains. “We want to assure you that we take these allegations very seriously. As reported, HPD and the National Football League are conducting investigations and we will cooperate fully. We respect the legal process and will continue to monitor the situation closely...

“While we await the conclusion of these investigations, we express our strong stance against any form of sexual assault. Our family and the entire Houston Texans organization are deeply troubled by any form of abuse and we condemn this type of behavior. We will continue to commit resources to help prevent abusive behaviors from occurring in our community and ensure respect for all. . . . This is deeply personal to our family and remains a priority.”

</snip>

• Cheers 1

I want to qualify this take by stating I've not done a deep dive into this, so there could be facts and allegations I'm not aware of that would change my analysis.

That said, this whole story, to me, seems creepy, sleazy, and overblown. From what I've heard it sounds like the thrust of the story is that he has a proclivity for propositioning massage therapists for a tug.

Why he opts for legit practitioners over those who specialize in tugology is a mystery. Maybe he's not that bright and doesn't get the distinction, or maybe it's a weird fetish thing. Who knows? 

I think reasonable people can agree that propositioning a legit CMT with one's exposed soldier standing at attention is highly inappropriate. But as inappropriate as it may be, I don't think a proposition without force or coercion rises to the level of sexual battery. 

Edited by Robs House
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Dealing of Sam Darnold reveals a truth about Deshaun Watson: trade partners are backing away

Yahoo! Sports "Three months ago, the Carolina Panthers had significant interest in Deshaun Watson. Team owner David Tepper was serious enough about acquiring the Pro Bowl quarterback that when it became apparent Watson wanted out of Houston in January, the Panthers' front office called..." April 06

Wow, he had a lot of deals...

For those wondering, H-E-B is a grocery store chain.

</snip>

Likewise, H-E-B said in a statement that its relationship with Watson ended with the 2020 season, and that “[t]here are no plans for future engagement.”

As of March 29, each of those companies reportedly were sticking with Watson. The only companies listed in that item that have not yet ended their relationship are Rolex and Lefty’s Famous Cheesesteaks.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

Filing

Part 2

I cannot believe they have not identified the women to the defense (apparently, Texas law requires more).

Now it gets interesting. Seems that Texas law is pretty clear, and Hardin isn't wrong that it is very difficult to formulate a defense against anonymous accusers making vague accusations.

"He knows what he did" is not a due process legal standard for plaintiffs.

Harris County judges: 13 of Deshaun Watson's accusers should be identified

Two Harris County judges ordered in separate hearings on Friday that Tony Buzbee refile sexual assault and harassment cases against quarterback Deshaun Watson with the names of the accusers made public.

State district Judge Dedra Davis granted defense attorney Rusty Hardin’s request and asked that Buzbee refile a case in her court and disclose 7one of the women’s names within two days. Buzbee had suggested a private disclosure to Hardin for the women, who were initially all listed as "Jane Doe."

A second judge, Rabeea Sultan Collier, made the same determination in the cases of three other women late Friday morning. Nine women agreed to allow Buzbee to release their identities, and the woman in Davis' court was "emboldened" and told Buzbee not to fight the judge's decision, he said. A third hearing is set for 4 p.m. for an additional case.

</snip>

This was before the judges rulings:

before.JPG