Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

"Plaintiffs have not brought these cases for money or attention; instead Plaintiffs seek a change in behavior with regard to Watson, and a change of culture in the NFL," said the lawsuit, filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee."

Fair enough. Prove it. Have all plaintiffs sign a document stating that any and all money recovered from Watson will be donated to women's groups and sexual assault awareness. That way Watson is held accountable, and we are assured that these cases were not brought for money.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

"Plaintiffs have not brought these cases for money or attention; instead Plaintiffs seek a change in behavior with regard to Watson, and a change of culture in the NFL," said the lawsuit, filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee."

Fair enough. Prove it. Have all plaintiffs sign a document stating that any and all money recovered from Watson will be donated to women's groups and sexual assault awareness. That way Watson is held accountable, and we are assured that these cases were not brought for money.

I like the idea that the attorney work pro bono and any monetary award goes to a sexual assault awareness group. I'd be much more inclined to think these allegations might be true if there was no financial incentive for the attorney or accusers.

As it stands now...
The attorney asked for money for his client before filing suit. Got told no, so the attorney...

Files suit(s) asking for money.
No one went to the police to file charges prior to bringing a civil suit for money.

The attorney is in front of the media to sway public opinion in case it gets to trial (and since his original nuisance ask was dismissed by the Watson group, what incentive does Watson have to settle now that the attorney has smeared him to the world? This looks headed to trial.)
The attorney then gathers a buncha women to file more lawsuits because, "If that many women are filing lawsuits, it must be true!"  And ups the money-ask.
But sure, it is not about the money.

Note: I have no idea if the allegations are true or not, but this attorney...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

I like the idea that the attorney work pro bono and any monetary award goes to a sexual assault awareness group. I'd be much more inclined to think these allegations might be true if there was no financial incentive for the attorney or accusers.

As it stands now...
The attorney asked for money for his client before filing suit. Got told no, so the attorney...

Files suit(s) asking for money.
No one went to the police to file charges prior to bringing a civil suit for money.

The attorney is in front of the media to sway public opinion in case it gets to trial (and since his original nuisance ask was dismissed by the Watson group, what incentive does Watson have to settle now that the attorney has smeared him to the world? This looks headed to trial.)
The attorney then gathers a buncha women to file more lawsuits because, "If that many women are filing lawsuits, it must be true!"  And ups the money-ask.
But sure, it is not about the money.

Note: I have no idea if the allegations are true or not, but this attorney...

Spot on. 🍺

• Like 1

SI article. This woman is not currently suing, although she's keeping her options open.

A Massage Therapist on Her Session With Deshaun Watson

She contacted Buzbee’s firm after the first complaints were filed, but says she felt pressured to sign a contract for them to represent her and declined. She is working with U.A. Lewis, a civil rights attorney, to explore her options.

</snip>

“More than anything, the fact that he's denying all the allegations makes it more of a reason for us to use our voice and say what we have to say,” she says.

</snip>

“I just want a genuine apology, for us and our community, for putting us in these situations where we don't know what to do,” she says. “There are so many people that are against us, saying, ‘Why would he do that? He has no reason to do that. He has a beautiful girlfriend; he has this, this, this and this.’ All of those things are true, but fame doesn't create character.”

Mary makes clear that Watson did not touch her, nor did he force her into conducting any sexual acts. But she says he did engage in behavior that was both inappropriate and unlike any other interaction she’s had with any of her more than 1,000 clients—including other professional athletes—in her several years working as a massage therapist. 

</snip>

(The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation adopted in February 2020 a requirement that genitals and the gluteal cleavage must be draped during massages; most licensed therapists already required this in their practice.) Since Watson’s appointment was set up through a third party, Mary’s understanding was that the other therapist would handle the paperwork, though she can’t say for certain whether Watson received or reviewed those rules. She used the oversize towel to drape him until about 45 minutes into the session, when she says he tossed the towel onto the floor, saying it was too itchy. Watson was lying face up on the table, naked and totally uncovered, something Mary says has never happened during any of her other massage appointments. 

</snip>

After 90 minutes, Watson asked to extend the session for another hour. She continued to work only on his quads, inner thighs and abdomen—the specific areas he requested. Watson developed an erection, she says, and also began clenching and slowly “thrusting the air.” Mary at first wondered whether his movements were a pain response to her deep-tissue work, so she asked whether he was O.K. She says he replied that he was fine and stopped thrusting for a short time.

Mary learned during her massage training that erections can develop as a relaxation response.... But Watson’s behavior indicated to her that “his intentions were different.” She adds, “There was one point that he did tell me that I could move [his penis] if I needed to, and I just completely ignored him.” She took this as a suggestion to touch his exposed penis.

</snip>

Mary says she immediately told the other massage therapist who had referred Watson to her everything that had happened; she remembers the other therapist telling her she would talk to Watson. Mary also called a family member directly following the session. SI spoke to this relative, who remembers taking Mary’s call that afternoon at a stoplight at a specific intersection in Houston. The relative’s account of what Mary told her then aligns with Mary’s description of the incident now; she also recalls Mary’s shock and disbelief that day, as she described what she believed to be the pre-ejaculatory fluid on his stomach and his suggestion for her to touch and move his penis. They were both stunned that she and the business she’d worked hard to build had been disrespected in this way. 

</snip>

Mary believes Watson’s behavior, based on what she experienced as well as the accounts other women have brought forward, was “a power move, because he could.” 

</snip>

• Angry 1

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sounds like Watson is going to be a little lighter in the wallet. 

I found it odd that they would not help the police. If they are after justice (not money), shouldn't the police be involved?

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I found it odd that they would not help the police. If they are after justice (not money), shouldn't the police be involved?

It would appear as if Watson's level of wrongdoing was about as illegal as most of what Cuomo did***----creepy uncle like but limited to innuendo and hints. I'm willing to bet that the massage therapists get hit on in some way or the other as much as a sexy bartender does and they know how to tease just enough to still get their tips but not go over their personal line. Yes, the police would have to be involved for any criminal wrongdoing charges. It sounds like none of the massage therapists were really assaulted or had a case for making that claim. The worst damage to Watson appears to be public relations and if the NFL decides to fine or discipline him. Oh and if his girlfriend decides to let him off rather than Bobitt him. 

Watson could have avoided all of this by going to the massage parlors that specialize in what he wanted. Then again maybe he wanted the "challenge". 

***discounting the fact that whatever Cuomo did was done mostly as a boss with a lot of power over his victims. 

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Ann said:

This came up earlier today. I am not sure it matters a hill of beans.

Wait a minute.  He saw 20+ different massage therapists who are suing and 18 more who said he was fine?  The number of massage therapists he’s seen is enough to qualify him as a weirdo.  How the heck did he even find that many?  I’m not sure I’ve seen more than 38 grocery store cashiers in the time he’s seen 38 therapists.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wait a minute.  He saw 20+ different massage therapists who are suing and 18 more who said he was fine?  The number of massage therapists he’s seen is enough to qualify him as a weirdo.  How the heck did he even find that many?  I’m not sure I’ve seen more than 38 grocery store cashiers in the time he’s seen 38 therapists.

Common man. He jus has a physical therapist fetish. The EN EFF EL over looked sexy Rexy’s foot fetish even after it went viral online. :vomit:

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That is the odd part.  Anyone who gets regular massages, especially for performance reasons, does not jump around 40 masseuses.  

In any event, for the type of muscle work that Watson would need for therapy, a male masseur would certainly be more appropriate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He's clearly got a hang up.  You would think regardless of his desire for either a good massage, or a happy ending, that he'd find someone who was good at each (or both) and stick with her.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sorry, but am I the only one who gets hung up on the difference in the ears. I’m a flawed human being, I know.....

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sorry, but am I the only one who gets hung up on the difference in the ears. I’m a flawed human being, I know.....

Siciliano comes across as a pretty good dude on Red Zone but I don't know why he doesn't use some of that coin he's making to fix those friggin' things.  They're friggin' ridiculous.