Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

Football writer Aaron Wilson is no longer with the Houston Chronicle after he went on a Boston sports radio show and compared the women suing Deshaun Watson to terrorists, multiple sources told Defector on Friday.

The radio appearance was on The Greg Hill Show on WEEI on March 19. During the appearance, Wilson called the lawsuits “a money grab” and “ambulance chasing.” At one point during the conversation, when talking about the Watson case, he said, “In his case, you know, it’s kind of you don’t negotiate with terrorists. People are demanding money, they’re asking for money. It kept escalating, it kept going up and up and up. You’re talking about more and more funds, I’m not going to say how much it got to, but my understanding is, you know, that there was an admission that, it was, you know, something, you know just that this was, you know, just a money grab.”

</snip>

On 4/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Ann said:

Football writer Aaron Wilson is no longer with the Houston Chronicle after he went on a Boston sports radio show and compared the women suing Deshaun Watson to terrorists, multiple sources told Defector on Friday.

The radio appearance was on The Greg Hill Show on WEEI on March 19. During the appearance, Wilson called the lawsuits “a money grab” and “ambulance chasing.” At one point during the conversation, when talking about the Watson case, he said, “In his case, you know, it’s kind of you don’t negotiate with terrorists. People are demanding money, they’re asking for money. It kept escalating, it kept going up and up and up. You’re talking about more and more funds, I’m not going to say how much it got to, but my understanding is, you know, that there was an admission that, it was, you know, something, you know just that this was, you know, just a money grab.”

</snip>

What did he say that was a fireable offense?

Alaska Darin
29 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Oh, you didn't know?  Having any opinion now is a possible fireable offense.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GG1 said:

On 3/19 he said it looked like a money grab.

As of 4/12, it still looks like it could be a money grab for many (most) of the women, I honestly do not know. That attorney is skeevy as all hell.

Watson's attorney saying there was consensual sex between him and some of these women ... could their licenses be in jeopardy? Is that why they are suing now? I am not sure if sleeping with a client is a no-no or not. 

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

"You don't negotiate with terrorists" is the offending line.

Of course, the actual sin is not automatically believing all women when the media tells you to do so.

3 hours ago, Koko said:

"You don't negotiate with terrorists" is the offending line.

Of course, the actual sin is not automatically believing all women when the media tells you to do so.

Bill Burr paraphrased on "Believe all women."

"Do we have to believe all women? Does that include the one who just keyed my car and lit my laundry on fire? Can we maybe start with believing 80% of women before we dive into believing all of them?"

• Haha 1

Five women suing Deshaun Watson have spoken to police

A Washington Post interview of attorney Tony Buzbee includes plenty of flavor and context regarding the maneuverings that happened between the lawyers handling the 22 civil cases filed against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. The interview also has one significant bit of news.

Per Will Hobson of the Post, five of Buzbee’s clients have spoken to the Houston Police Department regarding Watson.

Watson has denied any an all wrongdoing.

Buzbee shared with Hobson details regarding efforts to settle the case. Buzbee reiterated his frustration with the failure of Watson’s management team to take the situation seriously before the first lawsuit was filed. After Buzbee made a $100,000 settlement demand on behalf of the first plaintiff to file suit, Scott Gaffield of Athletes First did not respond with a firm offer but asked Buzbee to replace his original request with a new one.

“He wanted us to bid against ourselves,” Buzbee told Hobson. “And I was done.”

</snip>

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Five women suing Deshaun Watson have spoken to police

A Washington Post interview of attorney Tony Buzbee includes plenty of flavor and context regarding the maneuverings that happened between the lawyers handling the 22 civil cases filed against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. The interview also has one significant bit of news.

Per Will Hobson of the Post, five of Buzbee’s clients have spoken to the Houston Police Department regarding Watson.

Watson has denied any an all wrongdoing.

Buzbee shared with Hobson details regarding efforts to settle the case. Buzbee reiterated his frustration with the failure of Watson’s management team to take the situation seriously before the first lawsuit was filed. After Buzbee made a $100,000 settlement demand on behalf of the first plaintiff to file suit, Scott Gaffield of Athletes First did not respond with a firm offer but asked Buzbee to replace his original request with a new one.

“He wanted us to bid against ourselves,” Buzbee told Hobson. “And I was done.”

</snip>

Should've paid. It would have been a lot cheaper.

• Like 1

I did not realize all these women were not in Texas. Out of state travel could explain the volume of different massage therapists he was seeing. 

Houston Chronicle finds errors on both sides of Deshaun Watson cases

The 22 lawsuits against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watsoneventually will play out in a court of law. For now, the cases have been playing out in the court of public opinion. The Houston Chronicle has found that the effort to win hearts and minds of the average person has resulted in mistakes, on both sides.

As it relates to the statements of support from 18 massage therapists, the Chronicle determined: “Names were spelled incorrectly. Licenses couldn’t be found for some. At least one woman’s massage therapy license has been expired since before Watson graduated from college. Giving a massage without a license is a misdemeanor in Georgia, where this woman works.”

The Chronicle attempted to contact all 18 woman. In most cases, the Chronicle was unsuccessful. (One of them, Jasmine Brooks, spoke at length last week to KHOU-11.)

Mistakes also have occurred on behalf of the 22 plaintiffs. Per the Chronicle, attorney Tony Buzbee “misspelled the name of an esthetician who worked with Watson in November 2020.” The Chronicle also couldn’t find evidence of a massage therapy license for a woman who claimed to be licensed.

</snip>

2 hours ago, Ann said:

As it relates to the statements of support from 18 massage therapists, the Chronicle determined: “Names were spelled incorrectly. Licenses couldn’t be found for some. At least one woman’s massage therapy license has been expired since before Watson graduated from college. Giving a massage without a license is a misdemeanor in Georgia, where this woman works.”

I suspect many of these accusers are gals working at rub 'n tug joints, where requesting Kraft-level services is hardly lawsuit worthy.  One article mentioned one of his massages cost $55, another dead giveaway about what type of massage is being offered.

leh-nerd skin-erd
On 4/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, Ann said:

On 3/19 he said it looked like a money grab.

As of 4/12, it still looks like it could be a money grab for many (most) of the women, I honestly do not know. That attorney is skeevy as all hell.

Watson's attorney saying there was consensual sex between him and some of these women ... could their licenses be in jeopardy? Is that why they are suing now? I am not sure if sleeping with a client is a no-no or not. 

If you ask me, I think the people who don’t have consensual sexual relationships after entering into a business contract, thereby  exposing themselves to great financial and reputational harm in the court of public opinion are the real pervs. Who are we kidding here?  What are we, Puritans?   

I should have been French. 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

The Watson team had a response today. They also want a jury trial.

https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1384166050757971968

Deshaun Watson’s first official response calls the lawsuits against him a “money grab

After weeks of press conferences and lawyer statements and a skirmish over whether the plaintiffs would proceed in their own names (they now are) in cases alleging misconduct during massage sessions, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has filed a formal answer to the first lawsuit that was filed against him last month. The document filed by Watson’s lawyer in the case filed by Ashley Solis calls the entire effort a “money grab.”

</snip>

Watson, through his lawyers, contends that: (1) eight of the plaintiffs “bragged about, praised and were excited about massaging” Watson; (2) seven of the plaintiffs “willingly worked or offered to work” with Watson “after their alleged incidents”; (3) three plaintiffs “lied about the number of sessions they actually had” with Watson; (4) five plaintiffs “lied about their alleged trauma and resulting harm”; (4) five plaintiffs “told others they want to get money out of” Watson; and (5) five plaintiffs have “scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts.”

</snip>

1. He's the attorney for the defendant in a he-said-she-said civil complaint. Of course he's going to say they are lying.
2. Buzbee grandstanding!? Noooooo Color me shocked. </sarc>

</snip>

Via Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston, Buzbee said that 12 of the 22 plaintiffs have “insisted on being present” for the hearing “because they were called liars by Watson’s attorney,” Rusty Hardin.

To put it in perspective, plenty of lawyers advise their clients in civil cases to show up for everything, so that the judge can see that they’re fully engaged in the process. Indeed, the client has an absolute right to attend any aspect of the case; whether they “insist” to be there or not, they can show up. That said, a status conference entails nothing substantive or significant. At most, future deadlines and dates will be identified for the litigation.

The status conference, unless Buzbee plans on grandstanding, will have nothing to do with the strategy deployed by Hardin on Monday, when the document he filed in court and the statement he provided to the media declared Watson’s and Hardin’s belief that all 22 plaintiffs are lying about the allegations of sexual misconduct during massage sessions. No motion has been filed on this point, and there would be no reason for Buzbee or his clients to stand up and say they’re insulted by anything Hardin said on Watson’s behalf.

Moreover, the fact that 12 will be present means that 10 won’t be. Buzbee’s contention invites speculation as to why the other 10 aren’t there. Do they have no issue with being called liars?

</snip>

• Like 1