Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

2 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

I want to personally thank Mike Bullock for bringing this to my attention.  I wasn't aware that I needed to decide the fate of Deshaun Watson 'soon'.

Yeah, well, get on that!

He should go to the *Patriots, that way him and Bilbo Kraft can give each other tips on which Happy Ending massage parlors are legit and which are bunk plus he'd be an improvement over Cam Newton who has been a corpse of himself since he DIDN'T jump on that fumble in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

He should go to the **Patriots, that way him and Bilbo Kraft can give each other tips on which Happy Ending massage parlors are legit and which are bunk plus he'd be an improvement over Cam Newton who has been a corpse of himself since he DIDN'T jump on that fumble in the Super Bowl.

But Bill said he was way ahead of where he was this time last year......before he was on the team.

• Haha 2

A lot of hyperbole, conjecture, and sensationalism in this article. This is the one line that stood out to me:

Deshaun Watson’s Legal Troubles Could Last Until 2024
A new report lays out a timeline of couch-surfing for embattled QB.

</snip>

The likely court date after that is May or June of 2022. In the event Watson ends up on the wrong side of a court ruling, the NFL is likely to hand out, at bare minimum, a season long suspension, which runs him into 2023.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is more in-depth than the Watson situation, but I figured I'd put it here as it is a Texans thread, too.

State of the 2021 Houston Texans: Question marks abound as David Culley era begins
Adam Rank
NFL.com Writer

</snip>

Quarterback: Deshaun Watson? Watson led the NFL with 4,823 passing yards and posted a career-high passer rating of 112.4 in 2020. He set several franchise records last season and became the only player in NFL history with at least 100 passing touchdowns and 15 rushing touchdowns in his first four seasons. His career passer rating of 104.5 is the second-highest in league history. As you can see, he's great on the field.

But we certainly can't ignore what has happened since the season ended. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported in January that Watson requested a trade from the Texans. Then a series of sexual assault allegations against Watson were made public this spring, and his status remains very much in doubt. The Texans have a lot of question marks at the quarterback position heading into the season, which we will get into a bit more later in this post.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

Deshaun Watson training with Justin Fields, Jordan Love

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson may not be on the field when the NFL regular season begins in two months. But he’s training if he will be.

Watson has been working out with Bears quarterback Justin Fields and Packers quarterback Jordan Love this summer. Agent David Mulugheta shared a video of the three training together on Instagram.

</snip>

But Watson remains embroiled in allegations from more than 20 women who claim he engaged in sexual misconduct while they were giving him massages. And Watson has also indicated that he doesn’t want to return to the Texans and wants to be traded. It’s highly unlikely that either of those issues — let alone both — will be resolved before the start of the season, and that means Watson is unlikely to be on the field.

When Watson will return, and which team he’ll be on when that happens, remains to be seen.

</snip>

• Like 1

From his honeymoon, Tony Buzbee takes a swipe at Deshaun Watson :classic_blink:

Lawyer Tony Buzbee hasn’t said much lately about the 22 cases he’s handling against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Monday, Buzbee took a swipe at Watson while on a honeymoon.

“I’m not a big spa guy, and I abhor someone I don’t know touching me; but I had been at the beach, and had some time to kill while Frances had her spa time,” Buzbee posted. “So, at her urging, I had what they call the ‘grounding’ massage here at Amanzoe, for 90 minutes. It was actually nice and relaxing — I fell asleep. But note, it was professional; I made no weird demands, I didn’t grind around on the table, I never fully disrobed, and I never acted like an entitled, horny, teenage boy. I’m also quite sure Tina, the massage professional, didn’t feel threatened, degraded, or uncomfortable in any way. Massage therapy is a legit profession made up of trained professionals trying to earn an honest living. That’s how it should be.”

Buzbee, who barely stopped talking about the cases when they were first filed in March, hasn’t said much in recent weeks. This gratuitous slap at Watson suggests that a settlement between now and the start of camp isn’t likely. The question then becomes whether the league will let Watson know before it’s time to report for camp whether he’ll be placed on paid leave.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

So much for holding out...'

Reports: Deshaun Watson expected to report to Texans training camp

After a turbulent offseason, Deshaun Watson is expected to report to Houston Texans training camp on Sunday.

The Texans are slated to begin COVID-19 testing for their players ahead of the start of training camp this week.

Watson is among those who will be on hand, the NFL Network is reporting.

Watson’s presence doesn’t change his stance. He is still seeking a trade from the Texans, but will report to the facility in order to avoid being fined, according to ESPN. Under the NFL’s new collective bargaining agreement, players are fined $50,000 for every day of training camp missed. In the new CBA, teams cannot forgive fines for missing training camp. ...

https://twitter.com/ffb_victoria/status/1419293071905337347

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koko said:

:wondering:

How is Watson at faceoffs?

BREAKING NEWS: Deshaun says that he'll go to the Sabres if they bring back Derek Roy to be his personal trainer. 

• Haha 2

Lawyer: Two women with new allegations among 10 to file police complaints against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Ten women have now filed complaints with Houston police about Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, according to Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin.

Hardin spoke with ESPN on Monday about the progress of the criminal and civil cases involving his client.

"There are 10 women that have made complaints to the [Houston] police," Hardin said.

Eight of the women, according to Hardin, are among the 22 women who have alleged in lawsuits that Watson sexually assaulted them or engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

Two of the women who have filed complaints with Houston police, Hardin said, have not filed lawsuits against Watson.

"There are a couple of women who we don't know anything about," Hardin said.

Hardin acknowledged knowing the names of the 10 women who have filed criminal complaints, including the two who are not involved in civil litigation, but declined to provide those names to ESPN.

</snip>