Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

• 3 weeks later...

Considering how many teams have awful QB situations, I'll be shocked if he just goes to Miami for a middling price.

Considering the wealth of picks Philly has, would make more sense for them to trade Hurts + picks.  Or maybe a 3-way with Hurts to Miami and Tua to Houston.

47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Most of us just call that "Setting Tua Tagovailoa up to be Tua."

While I sort of agree with him...the Chargers Oline last season wasn't good but Herbert has ALWAYS looked better than Tua.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

While I sort of agree with him...the Chargers Oline last season wasn't good but Herbert has ALWAYS looked better than Tua.

Didn't Tua look much better in college before getting injured?  I remember reading that somewhere, but don't follow college ball.

He certainly doesn't look good now.  I almost hate ragging on the guy, as I have no particular dislike for him (not like Marino or Brady, each of whom, if they got hit by a bus, I'd first ask "Is the bus okay?")  But dammit, it's just so much fun!

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Didn't Tua look much better in college before getting injured?  I remember reading that somewhere, but don't follow college ball.

He certainly doesn't look good now.  I almost hate ragging on the guy, as I have no particular dislike for him (not like Marino or Brady, each of whom, if they got hit by a bus, I'd first ask "Is the bus okay?")  But dammit, it's just so much fun!

He's always been kind of a mirage to me. 

List of skill players he played with in college:

1.  Devonte Smith (1st round)

2.  Calvin Ridley (1st round)

3.  Najee Harris (1st  round)

4.  Henry Ruggs (1st round)

5.  Irv Smith Jr. (2nd round)

6.  Damien Harris (3rd round)

7.  Jaylen Waddle (1st round)

8.  Joshua Jacobs (1st round)

9.  Jerry Juedy (1st round)

I'm not even going to bother with the OLine - plenty of studs there too.  Tua was fragile in college, even with arguably the best running game, defense, and set of skill players ever assembled.  He threw nice deep balls to wide-open guys but even before the injury he wasn't a guy with anything beyond average arm strength.

I wouldn't have touched him before the 3rd round if I was in a fair weather city and there's no way I'd have picked him if I was in a place where it snows.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Any front office that trades for Watson with these allegations hanging over his head, need to have their head examined.

get him cheaper than if he had no baggage

Fins just waste the picks anyway

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Any front office that trades for Watson with these allegations hanging over his head, need to have their head examined.

It has to be tempting. He's a terrific QB.  If the Bills wanted him if we were still in the QB wasteland, I don't honestly know how I'd feel. He is innocent until proven guilty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

It has to be tempting. He's a terrific QB.  If the Bills wanted him if we were still in the QB wasteland, I don't honestly know how I'd feel. He is innocent until proven guilty. 

I know how it is to be pre-judged and it does suck. Especially when what is being alleged is not true.  That said, smoke billowing from 22 incidents, all of which seem to be along the same vein, would certainly seem to indicate there was a fire somewhere there.

Tough situation I would want no part of until there is a resolution of sorts.