Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

He and his acquiring team now have the 'plausible deniability' argument for all his detractors. 'He wasn't indicted therefore...'

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

He and his acquiring team now have the 'plausible deniability' argument for all his detractors. 'He wasn't indicted therefore...'

Yeah, while it is a lower bar, I think it is a tough go now for those women. Is Watson creepy as all get out? Heck yeah. Are these women entitled to damages? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

Just now, Ann said:

Yeah, while it is a lower bar, I think it is a tough go now for those women. Is Watson creepy as all get out? Heck yeah. Are these women entitled to damages? 🤷‍♀️

There will of course be 'some' civil suits. And I'm equally sure some of the women will not pursue those civil cases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

There will of course be 'some' civil suits. And I'm equally sure some of the women will not pursue those civil cases.

Right, there was a lot of smoke, probably too much smoke not for there to be some fire.  Some women were probably gold diggers, but others probably have a legit case.

• Like 1

from Footballguys

The NFL has never put a player on exempt list that was not facing criminal charges.

Someone in this thread got all offended when I said this earlier but Michael Lombardi floated idea several weeks ago that the Texans actually really wanted to hire Josh McCown but with all the heat from the Flores lawsuit the optics were horrendous so they took one for the team(NFL) and hired Lovie on unwritten expectation being the NFL would handle the Watson suspension in a way that helps out the Texans. I could care less who is offended at this but I think it's spot on.

I will repeat. Deshaun Watson will be an Eagle or a Panther BEFORE the NFL draft.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

"Before formally waving it anywhere". Interesting choice of verbiage.

I mean, he already tried the informal waving thing.

Probably best to change technique at this point. 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, Ann said:

I don’t find it surprising.  From the beginning, everything I’ve read on this case makes it sound like all he did was roll over and request a happy ending (many times).

Inappropriate and disrespectful to legit massage therapists? Absolutely.  Criminal?  No.

• Wow 1

</snip>

On Tuesday, attorney Tony Buzbee will grill Watson regarding the activities that resulted in the filing of 22 civil lawsuits and multiple criminal complaints. After wisely invoking the Fifth Amendment when interrogated by Buzbee on Friday, given that the grand jury had not yet decided to not charge with any crimes (Buzbee refused to delay the deposition until Monday), Watson will now face the music. The music will be loud. The music will be grating. The music will be frustrating. Eventually, Watson could say something that will paint him in a negative light.

</snip>

2 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

On Tuesday, attorney Tony Buzbee will grill Watson regarding the activities that resulted in the filing of 22 civil lawsuits and multiple criminal complaints. After wisely invoking the Fifth Amendment when interrogated by Buzbee on Friday, given that the grand jury had not yet decided to not charge with any crimes (Buzbee refused to delay the deposition until Monday), Watson will now face the music. The music will be loud. The music will be grating. The music will be frustrating. Eventually, Watson could say something that will paint him in a negative light.

</snip>

I think Texas recognizes the right to invoke the fifth in civil cases.

• Like 1