Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

55 minutes ago, Nanker said:

What a shit show this has been. Attention whore theatre. 

Absolutely.

I get the money side to it, but for the love of God, how in the hell does Watson look at all his opportunities and suddenly think Cleveland is the place to be? 

And if you're a Cleveland fan, do you honestly believe that you are in a position right now -- even with Watson under center -- to dump three first round picks?

AND, exactly what does Cleveland think they're going to get for Mayfield NOW?  Everyone knows they have to unload him. They'll be lucky to get a third for him.

Shit show, indeed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

To be fair, he's got 230 million reasons to choose Cleveland. Cleveland stepped it up after he told them they were out.

Yeah, I was mainly referencing the absurdity that is the Cleveland Browns. $230mm guaranteed with no ability to kick that can down the road unless they... extend him, the loss of three first round draft picks and two others. All for, from all appearances,  a sexual predator.

What could go wrong with this plan?

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

According to Spotrac the Browns are now $22M over the cap.  Gonna be some pretty good players sent packing pretty quick.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

According to Spotrac the Browns are now $22M over the cap.  Gonna be some pretty good players sent packing pretty quick.

I think Fake Bake was/is scheduled to get $17mm this year. I don't know that they will be able to unload all of that. I'm sure some of it will stick to their books.

Too funny.

Alaska Darin
15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think Fake Bake was/is scheduled to get $17mm this year. I don't know that they will be able to unload all of that. I'm sure some of it will stick to their books.

Too funny.

It's $18.858M and the entire thing counts against the cap (5th year option).  The team that trades for him is going to get him for next to nothing unless there's really a bidding war.

• Like 4

We’ll it took nearly two months but Nick Caserio went from “Zero Percent Interest” to 100% all in. 

So glad I’m not a Brownies fan right now. What a miserable organization. They were more sympathetic when they were giving their players stapf infections regularly through their medical staff at training camps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Bills organization is pure gold. Cleveland’s is just iron pyrite ore… and low grade at that. 

That's the nicest thing they've been called in a decade. 🍺

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Woof.

So... some maths here. They most likely won't be right but just for shits and giggles...

$230mm for 5 years.

Base in year one is $1mm. $45mm signing bonus, that's an average of $9mm a year.

Year 1 - $10mm

Years 2-5 - $55mm a yr.

They are going to have to extend him.

:classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

So... some maths here. They most likely won't be right but just for shits and giggles...

$230mm for 5 years.

Base in year one is $1mm. $45mm signing bonus, that's an average of $9mm a year.

Year 1 - $10mm

Years 2-5 - $55mm a yr.

Or trade him.

Extend him to mitigate the salary cap hit.  Or trade him and his cap hit for a mid-2nd rounder in a couple years.  Which sounds more Brownsy? 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

They claim they will tender D’Ernest Johnson. Chubb isn't going anywhere. I'm guessing Hunt gets cut, saving $6 mil. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

$230mm for 5 years.

Year 1 - $10mm

Years 2-5 - $55mm a yr.

gambling revenue to drive the cap to the moon

problem solved