Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

More.

Why not just sentence him to 12 months of community service cleaning up the empty nips and used condoms along the roadsides and beaches around Cleveland? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Why not just sentence him to 12 months of community service cleaning up the empty nips and used condoms along the roadsides and beaches around Cleveland? 

Why even that much?  He's in Cleveland.  Hasn't he been punished enough already?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

The short video is in the upper right at the link.

Deshaun Watson court depositions: Quarterback says he didn’t tell Texans about massage appointments

</snip>

The FOX 8 I-Team obtained excerpts of two of the depositions Monday. These two depositions deal with two of the women who filed lawsuits.

Watson was asked if he sought out a massage from one of the women because he thought she was attractive.

“I can’t answer that,” Watson said. “I have a girlfriend, so that wasn’t my intention.”

He told the attorney, who was asking him questions, that he just wanted a massage. When asked if the woman was licensed or trained, Watson said he was not sure.

</snip>

In the deposition, Watson also faced questions about driving about 30 minutes out of town for a massage and bringing his own towel. The attorney asked if he thought that was a little “bit weird.”

“It is what it is,” Watson said.

</snip>

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Ann said:

In the deposition, Watson also faced questions about driving about 30 minutes out of town for a massage and bringing his own towel. The attorney asked if he thought that was a little “bit weird.”

“It is what it is,” Watson said.

</snip>

1.  You cut a hole in the towel.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha 3

Negligence? Any of the attorneys here want to weigh in on this one?

Plaintiffs suing Deshaun Watson add negligence claims to lawsuits over massages

Two of the women who are suing NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson amended their lawsuits this week to add claims of negligence and gross negligence, arguing that Watson knew of his own sexual proclivities in massage sessions but failed to take precautions to prevent a reoccurrence of them.

By adding these new causes of action, they potentially widen the net of discoverable evidence they can obtain before trial and also add another way to recover damages in their lawsuits. They are among 22 women who have sued Watson and accused him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions in 2020 and early 2021.

The attorney for the 22 women, Tony Buzbee, told USA TODAY Sports Thursday that more lawsuits will be adding causes of action for negligence and gross negligence.

</snip>

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Negligence? Any of the attorneys here want to weigh in on this one?

Plaintiffs suing Deshaun Watson add negligence claims to lawsuits over massages

Two of the women who are suing NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson amended their lawsuits this week to add claims of negligence and gross negligence, arguing that Watson knew of his own sexual proclivities in massage sessions but failed to take precautions to prevent a reoccurrence of them.

By adding these new causes of action, they potentially widen the net of discoverable evidence they can obtain before trial and also add another way to recover damages in their lawsuits. They are among 22 women who have sued Watson and accused him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions in 2020 and early 2021.

The attorney for the 22 women, Tony Buzbee, told USA TODAY Sports Thursday that more lawsuits will be adding causes of action for negligence and gross negligence.

</snip>

One of the best things that could happen for NFL owners right now is for Watson to have something new creep up to the extent that he gets a severe suspension. Let the Browns eat a quarter billion dollars for fans to watch Jacoby Brisset.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

One of the best things that could happen for NFL owners right now is for Watson to have something new creep up to the extent that he gets a severe suspension. Let the Browns eat a quarter billion dollars for fans to watch Jacoby Brisset.

what about Baker?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

what about Baker?

I think they've butchered the Baker situation.  

(Tried to work in a candlestick maker reference, but...)

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

4merper4mer
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I think they've butchered the Baker situation.  

(Tried to work in a candlestick maker reference, but...)

Trade him to the Giants?  San Francisco Giants?  

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Trade him to the Giants?  San Francisco Giants?  

I would have gone much more obscure.  Something like a "John Bolles" reference.

22 hours ago, Spartacus said:

what about Baker?

IIRC NFL players have to be on the roster or injury list for at lease 6 games to accrue a season

It wouldn't surprise me if Baker just refuses to show up until late in the season

Edited by devnull

3 hours ago, devnull said:

IIRC NFL players have to be on the roster or injury list for at lease 6 games to accrue a season

It wouldn't surprise me if Baker just refuses to show up until late in the season

$50k fine each day though. 

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

$50k fine each day though. 

He'll offset that by cranking out commercials with his extra time

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, devnull said:

He'll offset that by cranking out commercials with his extra time

At Home With Baker Mayfield:

Baker opens envelope.

"Another fine?  Good thing I saved so much money by switching to Progressive."

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 3

19 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

At Home With Baker Mayfield:

Baker opens envelope.

"Another fine?  Good thing I saved so much money by switching to Progressive."

Baker, looking at his options: "I think I'll go with the Flo".

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

the money grab will not end until all options are exhausted

the biggest hammer to force a settlement was the refusal of other teams to trade while the cases were pending.

that's gone

next big threat was Goodell mandating he be placed on the the exempt list

that's gone

Suspension?

not likely until the cases are finalized (by trial or settlement)

criminal threats are gone, indicating any evidence is sketchy at best

now, need to make up stuff to stay in the news