Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

4merper4mer
On 6/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, KD in CA said:

I don't think the league wants to be the morality police but instead tries to be pragmatic in these cases.  Ideally for the NFL, there is no suspension and lawsuits get settled quietly.  But if they don't suspend him, the broader media will absolutely draw negative attention to the league, and that's even worse for them.

If the Ray Rice video isn't leaked, he gets a four game suspension, max. But once a hundred million people saw him go Mike Tyson on his lady, the smart business move was to cut ties with him forever.

This is why I remain convinced he gets six games.

I think Goodell’s biggest problem right now is the timing.  He’s going to have to do something before all the facts are known.  September is not going to be delayed.  Whatever he does can and will be questioned and almost certainly piss off at least 50% of the people following the saga.

Part of being paid the big bucks I guess.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

...  Assuming Watson is a cretin is not really a safe path IMO...

Really? I think that is a very safe path myself.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
30 minutes ago, Ann said:

Really? I think that is a very safe path myself.

Well me too but I’ve been wrong before.  I guess the small portion of this that he has admitted to is enough though.  Maybe I should have said “guilty of everything” instead of “cretin”.  I haven’t read everything.  

I’m not at all in agreement with the theory that all of these women are simply after money.  I think the assertions toward that end by at least one on this board are beyond ridiculous, but that is still my opinion.  That said, I don’t think it would be fair to just assume everything said about Watson is categorically true either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Well me too but I’ve been wrong before.  I guess the small portion of this that he has admitted to is enough though.  Maybe I should have said “guilty of everything” instead of “cretin”.  I haven’t read everything.  

I’m not at all in agreement with the theory that all of these women are simply after money.  I think the assertions toward that end by at least one on this board are beyond ridiculous, but that is still my opinion.  That said, I don’t think it would be fair to just assume everything said about Watson is categorically true either.

I don't believe he is 'guilty of everything' either, but a creep? cretin? scumbag? I am pretty sure everyone except diehard Browns fans (and probably even a good portion of them) think Watson is some sort of deviant. 

4merper4mer
1 minute ago, Ann said:

I don't believe he is 'guilty of everything' either, but a creep? cretin? scumbag? I am pretty sure everyone except diehard Browns fans (and probably even a good portion of them) think Watson is some sort of deviant. 

Probably true.  The part that bothers me personally is the “short skirt” stuff.

Spoiler alert: Kobe Bryant didn’t look too innocent to me.  

The NFL is in a tough spot here.  Ben R. most definitely did some really nefarious crap and basically got away with it.  RG needs another shoe to drop one way or another or he is in a lose-lose situation.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think Goodell’s biggest problem right now is the timing.  He’s going to have to do something before all the facts are known.  September is not going to be delayed.  Whatever he does can and will be questioned and almost certainly piss off at least 50% of the people following the saga.

Yup. And the obvious problem with making a ruling before all facts are revealed is again the Ray Rice example.  If much worse details are revealed after you make a ruling, you are seen as giving him a slap on the wrist.

Geez Deshaun, would it really have been so difficult to call up Bob Kraft and get some recos for local AMPs?

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don't think Goodell has any timing issues.  If he wants to stick to longstanding NFL policy, he can let Watson continue to sit things out until there's more clarity.

The Cleveland Browns threw stupid money as Watson and took a gamble on the timing of his legal troubles.  I'd guess they're the ones most focused on timing.

• Wow 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:05 PM, Spartacus said:

yeah, always like the lack of accountability for one's action, which would include the celebrity hunting women. If they didn't like the arrangement or the small towel, they could have walked from the get go, if they felt so uncomfortable.

or as noted above, when they heard the rumors.

but they were chasing a celebrity back then, and are now chasing his money.

doubt he gets any suspension in 2022

That's an absolutely ridiculous take. Good luck with that.

The NFL is the most uber-capitalist cartel in the U.S.

You think they're going to go the Neanderthal route and piss off and alienate a great number of people by saying "no suspension, the women were asking for it by providing massages and acting like gold-diggers"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

That's an absolutely ridiculous take. Good luck with that.

The NFL is the most uber-capitalist cartel in the U.S.

You think they're going to go the Neanderthal route and piss off and alienate a great number of people by saying "no suspension, the women were asking for it by providing massages and acting like gold-diggers"? 

don't have a cow when his suspension is minimal, or more likely none

unless a criminal case comes out of the woodwork

the NFL may consider the year he lost in the prime of his career as time served

since whatever he did may be creepy, but no court has said its illegal and its hard not to attribute some blame to the offended plaintiffs - who ignored all the red flags and went massaging anyway

How the Texans and a Spa Enabled Deshaun Watson’s Troubling Behavior

Watson met at least 66 women for massages over a 17-month period, far more than previously known. He had help from the Houston Texans, including nondisclosure agreements, in making appointments.

</snip>

The Times’s review also showed that Watson’s conduct was enabled, knowingly or not, by the team he played for at the time, the Houston Texans, which provided the venue Watson used for some of the appointments. A team representative also furnished him with a nondisclosure agreement after a woman who is now suing him threatened online to expose his behavior.

</snip>

The 66 women are:

• The 24 who have sued him, including two who filed suits within the last week. In the most recent suit, the woman said Watson masturbated during the massage.
  • A woman who sued but then withdrew the complaint because of “privacy and security concerns.”
  • Two women who filed criminal complaints against Watson but did not sue him.
  • At least 15 therapists who issued statements of support for Watson at the request of his lawyers and gave him massages during that period.
  • At least four therapists from Genuine Touch, the massage therapy group contracted with the Texans.
  • Five women identified by the plaintiffs’ lawyers during the investigation for their civil suits.
  • At least 15 other women whose appointments with Watson were confirmed through interviews and records reviewed by The Times.

</snip>

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Ann said:

Watson met at least 66 women for massages over a 17-month period, far more than previously known. He had help from the Houston Texans, including nondisclosure agreements, in making appointments.

</snip>

The Times’s review also showed that Watson’s conduct was enabled, knowingly or not, by the team he played for at the time, the Houston Texans, which provided the venue Watson used for some of the appointments. A team representative also furnished him with a nondisclosure agreement after a woman who is now suing him threatened online to expose his behavior.

</snip>

The 66 women are:

• The 24 who have sued him, including two who filed suits within the last week. In the most recent suit, the woman said Watson masturbated during the massage.
  • A woman who sued but then withdrew the complaint because of “privacy and security concerns.”
  • Two women who filed criminal complaints against Watson but did not sue him.
  • At least 15 therapists who issued statements of support for Watson at the request of his lawyers and gave him massages during that period.
  • At least four therapists from Genuine Touch, the massage therapy group contracted with the Texans.
  • Five women identified by the plaintiffs’ lawyers during the investigation for their civil suits.
  • At least 15 other women whose appointments with Watson were confirmed through interviews and records reviewed by The Times.

</snip>

so Houston knew

makes those reports that Buzbee was engaged by his good friend the Houston owner to stick it to Watson after refusing their low ball deal.

Watson refuses low ball offer, and demands trade

Owner tells Watson to deal , or else

Owner provides massage info to Buzbee, and turns him loose on Watson

The NFL knows this,

which could be why Watson is not on the exempt list and any suspension will likely be time served

Edited by Spartacus

4merper4mer
10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

so Houston knew

makes those reports that Buzbee was engaged by his good friend the Houston owner to stick it to Watson after refusing their low ball deal.

Watson refuses low ball offer, and demands trade

Owner tells Watson to deal , or else

Owner provides massage info to Buzbee, and turns him loose on Watson

The NFL knows this,

which could be why Watson is not on the exempt list and any suspension will likely be time served

You Matlocked the heck out of this but….You left out the part where they conspired with evil money grubbing women in short skirts to frame him….and where they hypnotized him into hiring 66 different therapists…..and the Loch Ness monster….and crop circles.  Other than that:

image.gif.2711e06a9c3e50cff9c33e26131ad064.gif

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Ann said:

this could be seen as a positive for Watson, as the number who did not file claims for his actions just went up by a bunch, bolstering his story that he did nothing wrong / illegal  

Robs House

No matter what happens with Watson, I hope the Cleveland Browns get stuck with his contract. That's as inept and scuzzy an organization as there is in the NFL, and that's saying a lot. I feel kind of sorry for their fans, but the ownership and management of that organization couldn't be more deserving of the futility they've experienced. 

• Like 4