Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

From the outside looking in it appears to me that over the last year Watson's lawyers analyzed this from a legal standpoint without enough regard to the PR standpoint. I don't know that much about Texas law, but it seems doubtful that there's any cognizable cause of action against him, and does not appear that there are any criminal offenses here either. I'd say he'd have been smart to settle these out a long time ago, but the Brown's curious decision to back up the Brinks truck in the midst of tug-gate has the lawyers looking smart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

If I’m not mistaken, his contract with Cleveland is fully guaranteed so suspensions cost him bupkus.  

As for the rest of what you wrote….it is all over the place but you seem to be inching back toward the money grubbing whore stuff you had been backing away from.  I’m confused.  Why not just wait for whatever happens then explain how you were right all along?

Seems that though the entire contract is guaranteed, a league imposed suspension would cost him 17th of his non-bonus pay for each game suspended.  Which is why his non-bonus salary this year is only $1MM.  Unless they suspend him into next season that's all he's out.  Probably substantially less than he'll be out from the settlememts/lawsuits.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Seems that though the entire contract is guaranteed, a league imposed suspension would cost him 17th of his non-bonus pay for each game suspended.  Which is why his non-bonus salary this year is only $1MM.  Unless they suspend him into next season that's all he's out.  Probably substantially less than he'll be out from the settlememts/lawsuits.

which is why if any suspension is meant to "make him pay', it makes a lot more sense in 2023 than 2022.

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Of course they don’t want to suspend him;  he’s one of the best players at the premier position in sports.  They will only do it to satisfy the mainstream media mob.

The official KDinCA line remains at 8 games.

The OBF DAB POMA MNDWEGS metric still stands at 3.5.  

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Soon: (short thread)

Unprecedented?  

Slightly different circumstances, but Ray Rice effectively got a lifetime ban.  So, anything short of an official lifetime ban would be "precedented."

On 6/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, 4merper4mer said:

If I’m not mistaken, his contract with Cleveland is fully guaranteed so suspensions cost him bupkus.  

As for the rest of what you wrote….it is all over the place but you seem to be inching back toward the money grubbing whore stuff you had been backing away from.  I’m confused.  Why not just wait for whatever happens then explain how you were right all along?

But where’s the fun in that? Speculatin’ is so much more fun. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

but is she really a she?

That should be his opening line. Followed by, "Hey let me show you my junk and then take a minute to see if you want to (stroke/suck/lick/flick/&#%$/or otherwise fondle it) while I lay on my back and get relaxed. Don't worry, I'll pay you for your services"

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

That should be his opening line. Followed by, "Hey let me show you my junk and then take a minute to see if you want to (stroke/suck/lick/flick/&#%$/or otherwise fondle it) while I lay on my back and get relaxed. Don't worry, I'll pay you for your services"

Watson should wear an AC/DC shirt, walk into the room giggling, and ask if he's about to score

MjQ1XzAuanBn

• Haha 6

Sure, why not? But, it is not about the money. After all, we all know our employer is responsible for our off work actions, whatever they might be. 

Texans statement:

state.jpg.31bfad7258599e360a4aa7e1667f1d6e.jpg

Tony Buzbee files lawsuit against Texans, alleging they ‘enabled’ Deshaun Watson’s ‘behavior’
The Houston Texans have been added as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by plaintiffs' attorney Tony Buzbee regarding Deshaun Watson.

The Houston Texans have been added as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed Monday morning by plaintiffs’ attorney, Tony Buzbee.

Buzbee had previously announced that he intended to sue the Texans, alleging that they enabled former quarterback Deshaun Watson’s behavior — a pattern of alleged sexual misconduct — by obtaining a Houstonian hotel and spa membership and giving him a nondisclosure agreement.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Sure, why not? But, it is not about the money. After all, we all know our employer is responsible for our off work actions, whatever they might be. 

Texans statement:

Tony Buzbee files lawsuit against Texans, alleging they ‘enabled’ Deshaun Watson’s ‘behavior’
The Houston Texans have been added as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by plaintiffs' attorney Tony Buzbee regarding Deshaun Watson.

The Houston Texans have been added as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed Monday morning by plaintiffs’ attorney, Tony Buzbee.

Buzbee had previously announced that he intended to sue the Texans, alleging that they enabled former quarterback Deshaun Watson’s behavior — a pattern of alleged sexual misconduct — by obtaining a Houstonian hotel and spa membership and giving him a nondisclosure agreement.

</snip>

The world clearly needs more lawyers.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ann said:

Texans statement:

</snip>

Buzbee needs to expand his recovery pool since he only got a fraction of expected cash from the plaintiffs.

to stoop to suing the Texans probably means they reneged on that backroom deal with the McNair family to orchestrate this circus in the first place.

4merper4mer
27 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Buzbee needs to expand his recovery pool since he only got a fraction of expected cash from the plaintiffs.

to stoop to suing the Texans probably means they reneged on that backroom deal with the McNair family to orchestrate this circus in the first place.

The first paragraph you just made up from nothing.

Oh wait.  Both paragraphs.

This was always going to happen.  I have no idea if the Texans have any complicity but it has been reported that they supplied Watson with NDAs to use for his masseuses.  If true, or even if unclear, it is a rock any lawyer would turn over.  If they did it doesn’t mean they were in on it and Buzbee could easily lose.  It also doesn’t mean it’s impossible they were helping Watson with damage control.  That would not be good for them.

Are we all going to be shocked when the league is the next target?

37 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Oh wait.  Both paragraphs.

This was always going to happen.  I have no idea if the Texans have any complicity but it has been reported that they supplied Watson with NDAs to use for his masseuses.  If true, or even if unclear, it is a rock any lawyer would turn over.  If they did it doesn’t mean they were in on it and Buzbee could easily lose.  It also doesn’t mean it’s impossible they were helping Watson with damage control.  That would not be good for them.

Are we all going to be shocked when the league is the next target?

you are correct

more stuff may follow

so how is rushing to suspend Watson for a year or longer, going to change any of that?

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The hell you say.  He would never do that.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

if you mean, I didn't follow some prescribed talking points to push a narrative, like you

then, yeah