Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

1 hour ago, Ann said:

This makes no sense. He gets paid $690K this year and $46M each of the next four years. Why would he sue? Unless he thinks he could win? Too much money to bet, IMO.

watson.jpg.81c25a6229463605e4b777c5fdcaed2d.jpg

If there is such a thing as karmic justice, Watson sues the NFL, a temporary restraining order is filed, discipline is delayed and Watson starts week 1. Whereby the entire appeal is delayed till the off-season, Watson loses his appeal and is suspended indefinitely with a minimum of a year. He makes his $690K this year and loses $46mm next year and subsequent paydays are in jeopardy.

• Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, Ann said:

Anyone else suspect that Goodell is only doing this because he's embarrassed by the blow-back for the Dolphins' tampering punishment?  And if not for that, he'd just leave the Watson situation alone?

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Anyone else suspect that Goodell is only doing this because he's embarrassed by the blow-back for the Dolphins' tampering punishment?  And if not for that, he'd just leave the Watson situation alone?

maybe he will reduce the Watson penalty to  make the Dolphins penalty seem worse

31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably, as the Watson situation has been a PR nightmare for the NFL.

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Probably, as the Watson situation has been a PR nightmare for the NFL.

Given how much the NFL has spent too get women involved in the game,  the blowback from the judge's decision made this a necessity. 

If Watson and company are smart,  they'll eat every ounce of this turd and use some of that money he's making to do some good and repair some of his damage. 

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given how much the NFL has spent too get women involved in the game,  the blowback from the judge's decision made this a necessity. 

If Watson and company are smart,  they'll eat every ounce of this turd and use some of that money he's making to do some good and repair some of his damage. 

If he persists in his contention that he did nothing wrong, there won’t be a dime.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he persists in his contention that he did nothing wrong, there won’t be a dime.

nice view from the ivory tower

he had criminal charges brought against him

probably be in jail right now if he apoligized, like you want

the wildcard is there may be another criminal case out there, from one of the hundreds of therapists he employed

which he would compromise by admitting his "wrong" 

taking the PR hit is much better than him sitting in jail

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

nice view from the ivory tower

he had criminal charges brought against him

probably be in jail right now if he apoligized, like you want

the wildcard is there may be another criminal case out there, from one of the hundreds of therapists he employed

which he would compromise by admitting his "wrong" 

taking the PR hit is much better than him sitting in jail

In your clearly superior life experience have you ever done anything that you felt was wrong, but either not illegal or couldn’t be proven illegal?

There is a blurb upstream about Watson’s contention that everyone else is incorrect and that he did nothing wrong.  My comment was directly related to that, not made from an ivory tower.  If you’ve been alive for the past 30 years or so you’ve probably heard a public figure or a thousand who never went to jail say something like “I’m sorry if my actions made xyz uncomfortable”.  It’s up to Watson whether he wants to say that. All I did was point out that since is not willing to say that, it seems unlikely he will start giving money to support sexual assault victims.  

None of that was done from an ivory tower or suggesting in any way what Watson is obligated to do.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

In your clearly superior life experience have you ever done anything that you felt was wrong, but either not illegal or couldn’t be proven illegal?

There is a blurb upstream about Watson’s contention that everyone else is incorrect and that he did nothing wrong.  My comment was directly related to that, not made from an ivory tower.  If you’ve been alive for the past 30 years or so you’ve probably heard a public figure or a thousand who never went to jail say something like “I’m sorry if my actions made xyz uncomfortable”.  It’s up to Watson whether he wants to say that. All I did was point out that since is not willing to say that, it seems unlikely he will start giving money to support sexual assault victims.  

None of that was done from an ivory tower or suggesting in any way what Watson is obligated to do.

I do know a few people who've gone to jail for saying, on the record, akin to "I'm sorry you feel that way."  

Never, ever, ever apologize in any way, shape, or form for anything you're accused of doing that may have criminal implications.  In fact, if you're accused of a crime, best not to say anything at all.

• Cheers 2

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I do know a few people who've gone to jail for saying, on the record, akin to "I'm sorry you feel that way."  

Never, ever, ever apologize in any way, shape, or form for anything you're accused of doing that may have criminal implications.  In fact, if you're accused of a crime, best not to say anything at all.

I get it but apparently Watson has been outwardly maintaining he did nothing wrong.  ALL I said was that seems to me that makes Watson unlikely to start doling out bucks to women’s causes.  

If Watson said nothing or “no comment”, then maybe I could believe he was going to give money.  I don’t really care whether he does or not, I just don’t feel it is likely.  My comments weren’t intended to relate to criminal or even civil proceedings at all, just his likelihood to give money.

As usual, Spartacus somehow got triggered.  If something like that set him off, he REALLY probably doesn’t want to hear my opinion on Kobe’s visit to Colorado.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

As usual, Spartacus somehow got triggered.  

Probably by 5G nanobots from a jab of some sort.