Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

4merper4mer
33 minutes ago, Ann said:

I wonder if she took past suspensions into account? It seems not.

She’s useless.  Did she really just:

1. Chide the NFL for not giving fair notice that sexual misconduct could result in long suspensions, ignoring that very long suspensions have been given for years for other offenses like domestic violence, drug use and gambling?  Is she saying Watson probably thought his risk was low because no one got suspended for this specific violation in the past?  

and then

2. Impose a restriction on future massages, even though no such clause exists in the CBA and what she imposed is likely illegal?  Don’t get me wrong, I would not suggest any therapist accept an appointment from Watson, but she can’t arbitrarily tell him he has lost his right to ask for such an appointment based solely on her say-so.  

Absolute moron.

Edited by 4merper4mer
Misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

She’s useless.  Did she really just:

1. Chide the NFL for not giving fair notice that sexual misconduct could result in long suspensions, ignoring that very long suspensions have been given for years for other offenses like domestic violence, drug use and gambling?  Is she saying Watson probably thought his risk was low because no one got suspended for this specific violation in the past?  

and the 

2. Impose a restriction on future massages, even though no such clause exists in the CBA and what she imposed is likely illegal?  Don’t get me wrong, I would not suggest any therapist accept an appointment from Watson, but she can’t arbitrarily tell him he has lost his right to ask for such an appointment based solely on her say-so.  

Absolute moron.

Drug use and gambling at least have some relation to the game of football, and the league can make some sort of self-serving argument about the "integrity of the game" and such.

But I still think it's ridiculous that people look to sports leagues to enforce punishments for criminal matters unrelated to sports "because the courts won't!"  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think they gave Jameis 3 games for groping an Uber driver. 

And Florida State suspended him a game for screaming F**k her right in the P***y

• O Rly 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

While there are differences in how Ridley broke the rules of the CBA agreement, I'm certain 90% of the world either doesn't know or doesn't care.  In relative terms, Watson got a total gimme.

Edited by IDBillzFan

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Drug use and gambling at least have some relation to the game of football, and the league can make some sort of self-serving argument about the "integrity of the game" and such.

But I still think it's ridiculous that people look to sports leagues to enforce punishments for criminal matters unrelated to sports "because the courts won't!"  

courts are too busy writing laws the legislatures don't want to touch

On 6/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, KD in CA said:

I always love these silly rants (they were a staple ATOP).  The NFL cares about their business.  Goodell is the CEO of that business.  His job is to make the right decisions to protect his stockholders. Period. 

Unnecessarily revealing dirty laundry to the public, or allowing scandals to fester longer than necessary damages the brand and that is not how you protect your owners.  Watson will be suspended for six games and then we'll all move on with our lives.  And hopefully the Browns will still suck.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:13 PM, KD in CA said:

I don't think the league wants to be the morality police but instead tries to be pragmatic in these cases.  Ideally for the NFL, there is no suspension and lawsuits get settled quietly.  But if they don't suspend him, the broader media will absolutely draw negative attention to the league, and that's even worse for them.

If the Ray Rice video isn't leaked, he gets a four game suspension, max. But once a hundred million people saw him go Mike Tyson on his lady, the smart business move was to cut ties with him forever.

This is why I remain convinced he gets six games.

Boom goes the dynamite.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, Alaska Darin said:

This is how ludicrous the suspension currently looks.

Most of the guys on that list are habitual offenders and Ridley broke the most cardinal of all rules (still true despite the hypocrisy now that the NFL is fully in bed with gambling interests). Watson is getting suspended basically for being a dirtbag, so I don't see a big disconnect on the suspension length.

The NFL is only going to appeal this only if they think the outcry will go significantly beyond the bounds of football media. Otherwise, they look forward to having this story fade away and getting Watson on the field for Cleveland.

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1