Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

13 hours ago, Ann said:

This guy will make the final decision…

fixed it

Harvey will provide the decision, written by Roger Goodell, that will "constitute full, final & complete disposition of dispute."

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am sure it doesn't.  Probably pressure for more time and a fine. 

I'm not sure why it wouldn't, though.  I mean...how else would that trade work?  If any of the other 31 owners wanted to make that trade, they would have structured the contract similarly.

And I'm not quite seeing where it's that big a deal, anyway.  If they want him to lose money commensurate with a more traditionally structured contract, then fine him $2m per missed game.

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That wording's a touch silly.  He was always going to lose "a fraction" of his 2022 compensation, based on number of games suspended.  Didn't matter if that compensation was $600k or $50M.  It's the amount they're concerned with, not the proportion.

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm not sure why it wouldn't, though.  I mean...how else would that trade work?  If any of the other 31 owners wanted to make that trade, they would have structured the contract similarly.

And I'm not quite seeing where it's that big a deal, anyway.  If they want him to lose money commensurate with a more traditionally structured contract, then fine him $2m per missed game.

That wording's a touch silly.  He was always going to lose "a fraction" of his 2022 compensation, based on number of games suspended.  Didn't matter if that compensation was $600k or $50M.  It's the amount they're concerned with, not the proportion.

It’s a fraction of his compensation because only his salary gets dinged, not his signing bonus.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s a fraction of his compensation because only his salary gets dinged, not his signing bonus.

Point still stands: any owner wanting him would have presented the same sort of contract, and if it's a problem, fine the shit out of him.

• Wow 1

4merper4mer
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Point still stands: any owner wanting him would have presented the same sort of contract, and if it's a problem, fine the shit out of him.

All I was saying is that 50% of his 2022 compensation is far more than 50% of his 2022 salary.  It was worded strangely.

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

she saw the evidence

but she's  a frikken women, so she couldn't possible assess the right penalty

or she misplaced my memo with the verdict I directed

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

she saw the evidence

but she's  a frikken women, so she couldn't possible assess the right penalty

or she misplaced my memo with the verdict I directed

You seem pretty emotionally invested in Watson’s predicament. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

image.jpeg

The Germans actually did bomb Pearl Harbor.  It was a conspiracy between Churchill and the Jewish Bolsheviks to make it look like the Japanese did it.  [/zerohedge]

• Haha 1
  • Love 1