Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, Robs House said:

Yes, I know. That's why I said he's a creep.

And just to be clear, I didn't suggest the women were lying.  I have no problem with the cash grab, but that's what it is, even if they are telling the truth.

Then why no justification for suspending him as you stated?  It’s should be cool with the NFL if a prominent QB is pressuring women against their will to service him?

I’m not saying this is devoid of cash grabbing but it is possible that at least some of the women are either protecting future women or pissed and getting non-monetary revenge too.

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Ann said:

She said she needed equipment for her spa: a “butt vacuum machine” that helps with cellulite...

Not sure why, but this is immediately what popped into my mind reading that: 

• Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:52 AM, Arm of Harm said:

The NFL doesn’t care about justice, about right or wrong. Look at their pattern of behavior. They accused the Patriots of cheating, punished them, then destroyed the evidence they said they had. Was the evidence destroyed to conceal the true magnitude of the scandal? Or were the Patriots being over-punished and shamed for a mere technicality? Regardless of whether the Patriots were being over-punished for something ticky tack, or under-punished for something really big, Goodell would have a motive for destroying the evidence.  

A more recent Goodell scandal was the way he handled the Redskins investigation. Nothing about the investigation was revealed to the public, except the Gruden emails. It initially seemed like Gruden would weather the storm, so more emails of his were released to force a resignation. The NFL sat on those emails for months, waiting to release them during the season when they’d be maximally disruptive to the Raiders. We also know the motive for this: Gruden had written disparagingly about Roger Goodell. 

Goodell lacks any kind of moral compass. His decision on Watson will be based on what’s best for Roger Goodell’s career, and possibly what’s best for his ego. 

So, what is best for Roger Goodell? On the one hand, I’m guessing there’s lobbying from players or their union to eschew significant punishment. Also if Goodell doesn’t punish Watson then he doesn’t admit there’s anything wrong, and that’s got to be tempting for him. 

On the other hand, some major media outlets have evidently taken the side of Watson’s accusers. That doesn’t make sense to me, because you’d think that Watson’s blackness would be of more value to the woke crowd than the femaleness of his accusers. Watson has not, to my knowledge, declared himself a political conservative, so there is no obvious motive for the media to want to ruin his career. While I don’t claim to understand the media’s motives in this instance, media pressure is something Goodell will take into account when making his decision. The media is telling plenty of lies about the NFL already, due to Flores’ lawsuit. Would that media storm lessen in intensity if Goodell punishes Watson? Would it become worse if he leaves Watson unpunished? These are the types of questions Goodell will ask himself before deciding Watson’s punishment. Justice, either for Watson or for the women Watson made feel sexually threatened, will have nothing to do with it. 

I always love these silly rants (they were a staple ATOP).  The NFL cares about their business.  Goodell is the CEO of that business.  His job is to make the right decisions to protect his stockholders. Period. 

Unnecessarily revealing dirty laundry to the public, or allowing scandals to fester longer than necessary damages the brand and that is not how you protect your owners.  Watson will be suspended for six games and then we'll all move on with our lives.  And hopefully the Browns will still suck.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Then why no justification for suspending him as you stated?  It’s should be cool with the NFL if a prominent QB is pressuring women against their will to service him?

I’m not saying this is devoid of cash grabbing but it is possible that at least some of the women are either protecting future women or pissed and getting non-monetary revenge too.

My guess (just a guess) is it is both. There are some women who feel truly harmed by his actions and want him to pay (monetarily or with his freedom). There are some  women who are "why not!?" and hopping on this action. 

I think he's a complete creep.

I am also surprised, in light of reading the testimony that 23 of these women worked for, or were associated with, the same person who Watson booked massages through that no one talked to one another. IOW, that stretches belief to disbelief. If he was a creep outside the bounds of what a masseuse deals with during the normal course of a client massage the first time something happened every one of these women knew something happened if they worked there at the time. If they didn't work there when something "inappropriate" happened and he booked a new message the whispers started in the newbie's ear the second he walked through the door. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Arm of Harm
13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I always love these silly rants (they were a staple ATOP).  The NFL cares about their business.  Goodell is the CEO of that business.  His job is to make the right decisions to protect his stockholders. Period. 

Unnecessarily revealing dirty laundry to the public, or allowing scandals to fester longer than necessary damages the brand and that is not how you protect your owners.  Watson will be suspended for six games and then we'll all move on with our lives.  And hopefully the Browns will still suck.

What you say sounds good in theory. Only thing is, business is conducted by actual human beings. Human beings are not always as rational or 100% bottom line oriented as your theories would suggest. I provided evidence to that effect in my earlier post. You chose to ignore or dismiss that evidence, because it didn’t fit your theory. 

There are some things Goodell has to do to maximize the bottom line, such as negotiating the best possible television deals. Goodell will do those things. There are other areas where the bottom line isn’t really at stake. Areas where Goodell has more freedom of action. Goodell’s decision to destroy Gruden’s career was a good example of that. That decision had nothing at all to do with protecting the bottom line. It had everything to do with punishing Gruden for his disparaging comments about Goodell. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

People who scream for the NFL - or any other sports league - to execute "justice" are morons.  That's what the justice system is for.

People who scream for the NFL to execute justice because the justice system doesn't give them results they want are extreme morons.  If you have a problem with the justice system, reform it.  Don't try making the NFL some sort of half-assed replacement for it.  

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin

It's super-wise to let companies fire/withhold pay over accusations.  No slippery slope there.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Arm of Harm
4 hours ago, Ann said:

My guess (just a guess) is it is both. There are some women who feel truly harmed by his actions and want him to pay (monetarily or with his freedom). There are some  women who are "why not!?" and hopping on this action. 

I am also surprised, in light of reading the testimony that 23 of these women worked for, or were associated with, the same person who Watson booked massages through that no one talked to one another. IOW, that stretches belief to disbelief. If he was a creep outside the bounds of what a masseuse deals with during the normal course of a client massage the first time something happened every one of these women knew something happened if they worked there at the time. If they didn't work there when something "inappropriate" happened and he booked a new message the whispers started in the newbie's ear the second he walked through the door. 

There were two times when gay men hit on me in a way which activated my fight or flight response. Neither man said anything overt. Neither made physical contact with me. They both had big, cheesy smiles, and it was glaringly obvious what they both wanted. In both cases, my thought process was, if it came down to a fight, I could take this guy. If it came down to me having to run away, I’m a faster runner than him over both short and long distance.  Despite being physically superior to the men hitting on me, I still felt threatened in both cases. I don’t want to worsen those men’s lives in any way. They don’t owe me any kind of restitution. If anything I owe them a favor, because now I know how a woman feels when a guy’s bad approach makes her uncomfortable. It’s something which must be experienced to be understood. 

Clearly, these women’s circumstances were different than mine. All the physical advantages were on the side of Watson. He did make physical contact. That contact was sexual, uninvited, and non-consensual. Assuming the women’s descriptions are accurate, they’d be fully justified in feeling far more threatened than how I felt. Does that discomfort mean Watson should be punished or the women given restitution? There’s a line, and Watson crossed it. So yeah, I don’t think that “do nothing” is an appropriate response. 

Furthermore, I hope Baker Mayfield goes on to have a much better future career than Watson. 

6 hours ago, Ann said:

yeah, always like the lack of accountability for one's action, which would include the celebrity hunting women. If they didn't like the arrangement or the small towel, they could have walked from the get go, if they felt so uncomfortable.

or as noted above, when they heard the rumors.

but they were chasing a celebrity back then, and are now chasing his money.

doubt he gets any suspension in 2022

Robs House
On 6/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I'm not big on the league playing morality police for things unrelated to the game.  I understand it's their choice, I just think it's a bad idea. My position isn't specific to this case. If he had a criminal conviction of some sort I'd be more understanding, but I don't know that being a sleeze ball off the field should give rise to a suspension. 

The most telling aspect of the true attitude of the league is the fact that the Browns just gave him a massive guaranteed contract in the midst of all of this shit.

• Wow 1

50 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I'm not big on the league playing morality police for things unrelated to the game.  I understand it's their choice, I just think it's a bad idea. My position isn't specific to this case. If he had a criminal conviction of some sort I'd be more understanding, but I don't know that being a sleeze ball off the field should give rise to a suspension. 

The most telling aspect of the true attitude of the league is the fact that the Browns just gave him a massive guaranteed contract in the midst of all of this shit.

I don't think the league wants to be the morality police but instead tries to be pragmatic in these cases.  Ideally for the NFL, there is no suspension and lawsuits get settled quietly.  But if they don't suspend him, the broader media will absolutely draw negative attention to the league, and that's even worse for them.

If the Ray Rice video isn't leaked, he gets a four game suspension, max. But once a hundred million people saw him go Mike Tyson on his lady, the smart business move was to cut ties with him forever.

This is why I remain convinced he gets six games.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Not sure why, but this is immediately what popped into my mind reading that: 

Funny, but what popped into mine was this:

eb43e963-bd98-4e80-a663-217167ed242f_1.1

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Any tweets challenging or questioning this statement will be RTed by the OP with the words: "just gonna RT a few comments that show why women are so afraid to sue/report/come forward"

she's got the most inflammatory story of the bunch, yet she was the last to file.

Wasn't going to file until an HBO TV show told her it was the right thing to do.

not buying it.

Buzbee upping his attempts to influence the jury pool and social media

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, Spartacus said:

she's got the most inflammatory story of the bunch, yet she was the last to file.

Wasn't going to file until an HBO TV show told her it was the right thing to do.

not buying it.

Buzbee upping his attempts to influence the jury pool and social media

Shirley you can’t think Buzbee filing this now is suspicious but…….Hardin shifting to the pro-Happy endings strategy is above reproach.  Can you?

This particular woman claims she left MT shortly after this.  That can be refuted or corroborated pretty easily.  She claims she told the story to people close to her around the time it happened.  Maybe that can be refuted or verified.  

Assuming she is on a money grab without seeing any of the specific details seems harsh, but maybe that’s just me.  If a dated series of text threads were made public would this woman regain her status as a human in your eyes?  

I don’t think it is safe to assume anything and we in the public are not meant to see everything at this point.  Assuming Watson is a cretin is not really a safe path IMO but neither is the knee jerk “ money grubbing short skirted sluts” routine you’ve got going on.