Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Bills Team Reporter Maddy Glab sits down with offensive lineman Ike Boetter to talk being healthy heading into the season, why he is such a likeable teammate, his off season plans, and why he become a love of coffee.

5 Questions With Ike Boettger! | Buffalo Bills

My wife is walking by as I'm listening to this going "Why does she keep saying 'I'd &#%$ her?"

• Haha 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Nanker said:

I had no idea how to pronounce his last name. 

I pronounce it "But...bert...&#%$ it."

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get ready for an exciting breakdown of the Bills vs. Steelers game where rookie sensation O'Cyrus Torrence locked in his starting position! Join us as we dive deep into his standout performance and how his play will be crucial to the Bills offensive line's ability to protect Josh Allen.

Bills vs. Steelers: O'Cyrus Torrence LOCKS UP Steelers & Starting Position

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Get ready for an exciting breakdown of the Bills vs. Steelers game where rookie sensation O'Cyrus Torrence locked in his starting position! Join us as we dive deep into his standout performance and how his play will be crucial to the Bills offensive line's ability to protect Josh Allen.

Bills vs. Steelers: O'Cyrus Torrence LOCKS UP Steelers & Starting Position

seems there is consensus from analysts with some knowledge of OL play, that Spencer Brown is not a total swinging door, and not deserving of the crap being thrown his way as the current preferred whipping boy.

surprise OL move will be to trade Bates, and promote Anderson 

all of the good stuff that Torrence is doing to work in tandem with Brown, is what Bates did not do, and hung Brown out to dry

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

seems there is consensus from analysts with some knowledge of OL play, that Spencer Brown is not a total swinging door, and not deserving of the crap being thrown his way as the current preferred whipping boy.

surprise OL move will be to trade Bates, and promote Anderson 

all of the good stuff that Torrence is doing to work in tandem with Brown, is what Bates did not do, and hung Brown out to dry

And then there is Dion Dawkins...

• Like 2

I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again that Cover 1 does a GREAT job analyzing The Bills in previously unheard of depth, and they do a fantastic job making it clear to the average person. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I've discussed it quite a bit on @LockedOnBills but the Bills' preseason storyline that deserves WAY more attention is the development of OT Ryan Van Demark. 

Has been the first guy in for Dion Dawkins at LT in both preseason games and he is playing extremely well! Young, long, athletic and executing well. I'm excited to see how he continues to progress and the role he can command. He has elite physical tools and the development to this point is obvious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ann said:

I've discussed it quite a bit on @LockedOnBills but the Bills' preseason storyline that deserves WAY more attention is the development of OT Ryan Van Demark. 

Has been the first guy in for Dion Dawkins at LT in both preseason games and he is playing extremely well! Young, long, athletic and executing well. I'm excited to see how he continues to progress and the role he can command. He has elite physical tools and the development to this point is obvious.

Good.  The Bills need some good news for the O-line.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Good.  The Bills need some good news for the O-line.  

They need much better play from their Left Tackle… MUCH better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

They need much better play from their Left Tackle… MUCH better. 

Agree.  Less mouth Dion. More focus and physicality.  Game face. 

• Like 5

On 8/21/2023 at 1:28 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Agree.  Less mouth Dion. More focus and physicality.  Game face. 

He’s too nice. 

Then again, Brown is supposed to have a mean streak so who knows.

Awww he was adorable!

Ryan Van Demark doesn’t remember when he turned to professional. It’s not a surprise.

Most people don’t remember life before turning one year old. That’s Van Demark began his career as a baby model.

“My mom took me and my brother into the city every other weekend,” Van Demark explains. “We would do pictures.”

</snip>

“Ralph Lauren, Toys ‘R Us, all that stuff,” Van Demark remembers with a smile. “My mom has all the pictures framed. It was pretty cool.”

Van Demark hopes his next job is with the Bills. The tackle joined the Buffalo practice squad last September after being released by the Colts, despite Indy shelling out $175,000 as a signing bonus to make Van Demark an undrafted free agent in the spring of 2022. It was one of the league’s higher bonuses for an UDFA.

</snip>

Van Demark grew up primarily a volleyball player. He was a devastating right side hitter for a Wayne Valley squad that won a state title in 2016.

He clearly had the height for football, but not the weight. Van Demark didn’t make his high school varsity team until senior year. As a late developer, he followed high school with a year of prep football at The Hun School. It didn’t take long for UConn to spot him and offer a scholarship.

</snip>

When pro football became a goal, Van Demark needed to put a ton of weight on his lanky volleyball frame. That meant he had to eat. A lot.

“I got with my nutritionist at UConn. And it was like, ‘Ok. You’re going to be eating four meals and three snacks a day. It was a huge change,” Van Demark said. “I think we were up to 4,000 calories (per day) or something crazy like that.”

It wasn’t just eating during the day. Van Demark was downing calories overnight.

“Setting an alarm. Waking up and throwing down a peanut butter and jelly just to get the weight on,” he recalls. “I learned a lot from it actually. A balanced plate. Correct diet.”

Van Demark still takes care with the Bills to keep the weight on. While it sounds like a dream to have the green light for all that food, Van Demark swiftly dispels that fantasy. “It sucked,” he said.

</snip>

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Awww he was adorable!

Ryan Van Demark doesn’t remember when he turned to professional. It’s not a surprise.

Most people don’t remember life before turning one year old. That’s Van Demark began his career as a baby model.

“My mom took me and my brother into the city every other weekend,” Van Demark explains. “We would do pictures.”

</snip>

“Ralph Lauren, Toys ‘R Us, all that stuff,” Van Demark remembers with a smile. “My mom has all the pictures framed. It was pretty cool.”

Van Demark hopes his next job is with the Bills. The tackle joined the Buffalo practice squad last September after being released by the Colts, despite Indy shelling out $175,000 as a signing bonus to make Van Demark an undrafted free agent in the spring of 2022. It was one of the league’s higher bonuses for an UDFA.

</snip>

Van Demark grew up primarily a volleyball player. He was a devastating right side hitter for a Wayne Valley squad that won a state title in 2016.

He clearly had the height for football, but not the weight. Van Demark didn’t make his high school varsity team until senior year. As a late developer, he followed high school with a year of prep football at The Hun School. It didn’t take long for UConn to spot him and offer a scholarship.

</snip>

When pro football became a goal, Van Demark needed to put a ton of weight on his lanky volleyball frame. That meant he had to eat. A lot.

“I got with my nutritionist at UConn. And it was like, ‘Ok. You’re going to be eating four meals and three snacks a day. It was a huge change,” Van Demark said. “I think we were up to 4,000 calories (per day) or something crazy like that.”

It wasn’t just eating during the day. Van Demark was downing calories overnight.

“Setting an alarm. Waking up and throwing down a peanut butter and jelly just to get the weight on,” he recalls. “I learned a lot from it actually. A balanced plate. Correct diet.”

Van Demark still takes care with the Bills to keep the weight on. While it sounds like a dream to have the green light for all that food, Van Demark swiftly dispels that fantasy. “It sucked,” he said.

</snip>

If he starts, @Alaska Darin is going to hate all the Hamlet jokes I have ready.

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Awww he was adorable!

</snip>

</snip>

</snip>

</snip>

sounds like he has the same diet as Dawkins

NOT

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1