Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 2 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Ann said:

9+ minutes

Also not a bad collection of Gabe Davis run blocking highlights.

And one play, at 5:42, where Gabe is pass-blocking, and WHY ON EARTH IS YOUR #2 RECEIVER PICKING UP BLITZES ON PASSING DOWNS???  :facepalm:  (Yes, I know why.  Still a mystifying offensive scheme.)

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
On 4/14/2024 at 12:20 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Also not a bad collection of Gabe Davis run blocking highlights.

And one play, at 5:42, where Gabe is pass-blocking, and WHY ON EARTH IS YOUR #2 RECEIVER PICKING UP BLITZES ON PASSING DOWNS???  :facepalm:  (Yes, I know why.  Still a mystifying offensive scheme.)

The OLine protection on that play didn't match up but the Eagles did have 8+ in the box, so I can somewhat understand the confusion there.  The OLine probably should have slid right from Center to tackle but Davis still basically would have had a very soft double over him. 

Allen's athletic ability and awareness is on full display there.  What probably should have been a sack/loss was turned into a chunk play. 

The Eagles did a great job of front disguise in that "Wide 9" look but completely missed accounting for Cook.  Brady did a great job of forcing the Eagles to cover the entire field from both sideline-to-sideline and from short to deep.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The OLine protection on that play didn't match up but the Eagles did have 8+ in the box, so I can somewhat understand the confusion there.  The OLine probably should have slid right from Center to tackle but Davis still basically would have had a very soft double over him. 

Allen's athletic ability and awareness is on full display there.  What probably should have been a sack/loss was turned into a chunk play. 

The Eagles did a great job of front disguise in that "Wide 9" look but completely missed accounting for Cook.  Brady did a great job of forcing the Eagles to cover the entire field from both sideline-to-sideline and from short to deep.

It also looked like they were trying to get a mismatch in coverage somehow, by bringing Davis across the line to block while putting Cook out in a passing route.  Which just seems overly complex to me.

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It also looked like they were trying to get a mismatch in coverage somehow, by bringing Davis across the line to block while putting Cook out in a passing route.  Which just seems overly complex to me.

The initial formation had both Davis and David Edwards playing the typical TE roles.  If the BILLS had blocked it better, both Davis and Cook would have been running similar out routes to the flat against what should have been single coverage.  The Eagles essentially took Davis out of the play because (I think) Spencer Brown and Torrence didn't properly execute against the look we got (Torrence looked inside, Brown blocked the DLineman in front of Torrence, and that left the DE to Davis - not exactly the best idea.  I'd love to ask Davis if he expected to see a DE in his path because I'd bet he'd say "nope!"

In any event, the result was exactly what the BILLS would have wanted - Shakir and Diggs ran off the entire secondary and that left no one anywhere near Cook for a nice chunk play.  Sometimes they work like you want even when you kinda screw it up.

• Like 1

At the snap Gabe intentionally runs right behind the LOS and if Brown and Torrence contained their men, he would at best have been a safety valve if Cook was covered.  

My $0.02 

• Like 2

SquirminThurman

We will need some help at RB. The Bills wanted Harris to be that guy. He is now retied. Lat Murray filled in admirably in that role. Much better hands than anyone thought. Lenny Fournette is cooked and is a FA.

So it just so happens this draft is fast big back heavy. Here are 3 to keep an eye on for the 4-6th rounds.

1) Jaylen Wright - Tenessee (5'11"', 210, 4.38 40)

Dude is a straight line stud. He keeps falling in mock drafts and big boards. He fell further than Isaac Guerendo and Isaiah Davis in my last PFF mock draft which is silly. So I grabbed him in round 5! He is expected to go around round 4 and 5. A perfect thunder to Cook's lightning. I want a one cut 210-220 beast with sub 4.4 speed as my RB 2 and Wright is all that.

2) Isaac Guerendo - (Louisville) 6'-00" 220 lbs 4.33 40

I've posted about this dude elsewhere. He is big, he is fast, he hates being tackled. His hands are even nice. I'm hoping he falls to the 5th round for Buffalo, but if Buffalo takes him in the 4th I know we are going smash and grab on offense and I am fine with that. This guy is going to be a problem in the NFL. His limited use, even with his age, means he is fresh and ready. Remember Jackson??? Younger, bigger and faster than Freddie. I'm all in.

RB - Isaiah Davis - SD State

Lets say those guys get drafted elsewhere. The safety net is Isaiah Davis. FCS level player and dominated. Rounds 6-7.

He lacks the speed I want in an ideal big back, but he produced in FCS competition.

We need an RB 3 or RB 2 (depending on how you value Ty Johnson). I want a 210-220 masher with sub 4.4 speed. This draft is not RB 1 heavy, but it has a few big backs (210-225 lb) with sub 4.4 speed. Grab one. Make the run game a real problem while the pass game gets sorted out IMO.

Also the Bills strength is TE. Go double TE and put either dual back Cook in the backfield or a monster with speed in the backfield. Yeah it's different but take advantage of the smaller faster defenses being played in the NFL and your strength at TE. Dawson fell off last year, but he is no bum and should be healthy from day one.

• Like 3