Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

On 6/22/2023 at 5:43 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Oh my God!  James Cook wants to be traded to the Vikings!"

[/Same idiots that thought Stefon wanted to go to the Cowboys.]

Who is Stefon?

Bills feel Nyheim Hines can function in all aspects of their offense in 2023

The Bills acquired Nyheim Hines in a midseason trade last year, but the running back was most effective as a special teams player.

He memorably returned a pair of kickoffs for touchdowns in Buffalo’s regular-season finale against New England. But Hines didn’t receive an offensive touch in that contest.

In his nine regular-season games with Buffalo, Hines took six carries for -3 yards and caught five passes for 53 yards with a TD.

Running backs coach Kelly Skipper recently noted that Hines’ transition to the Bills’ offense was more challenging than it may have seemed from afar. But after taking a pay cut to remain with the club, Hines is in a much better position to be an offensive contributor in 2023.

</snip>

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ann said:

Bills feel Nyheim Hines can function in all aspects of their offense in 2023

The Bills acquired Nyheim Hines in a midseason trade last year, but the running back was most effective as a special teams player.

He memorably returned a pair of kickoffs for touchdowns in Buffalo’s regular-season finale against New England. But Hines didn’t receive an offensive touch in that contest.

In his nine regular-season games with Buffalo, Hines took six carries for -3 yards and caught five passes for 53 yards with a TD.

Running backs coach Kelly Skipper recently noted that Hines’ transition to the Bills’ offense was more challenging than it may have seemed from afar. But after taking a pay cut to remain with the club, Hines is in a much better position to be an offensive contributor in 2023.

</snip>

insight from Kyle Allen on complexity of learning the Bills offense.

Expect Hines to have much bigger impact on offense, especially early in the year as the other backs get up to speed.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/after-initially-swimming-in-new-offense-kyle-allen-finds-his-footing-with-bills/article_a88a40a6-1ff4-11ee-b85f-73db9ed0542f.html

The Buffalo Bills’ new backup quarterback admitted last month during an interview with The Buffalo News that he was “swimming” while trying to learn his team’s new offense.

“It’s heavy,” he said. “It’s the biggest offense I’ve been in. You’ve just got to learn it. It’s an old offense. A lot of it has been installed over the years. Some things don’t make sense. I think early on, the first couple weeks, I was struggling, but I’m settling in. It just takes time.

“They told me that coming in, too. They were like, ‘listen, we understand this is a tough offense to learn. It’s a big offense. We understand that mentally, you’re going to struggle for a little bit. It’s cool.’ They’ve been as helpful as any place I’ve been in.”

“It’s plays and plays that have been built,” he said. “From my understanding, it’s old New England, Tom Brady, it’s been built over the years and then brought here. There has been Brian Daboll’s wrinkles and Josh’s wrinkles and now Dorsey’s wrinkles.

There are tons and tons of wrinkles that have been built on top of the offense, and not much has been taken out. It’s kind of like, ‘let’s get everyone to learn everything.’ That way we’re able to have everything available, so Dorsey can just call it as he sees it.”

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

This could be the most underrated signing this NFL offseason.  When this kid is healthy he is a monster.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 6

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This could be the most underrated signing this NFL offseason.  When this kid is healthy he is a monster.

Been asleep on this one. He looks like what we thought we had in Moss. 

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

His *best talent* is his ability to commit and get vertical.

I am excited.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
SquirminThurman
On 7/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Probably the best blocker the Bills have too.

Probable RB depth:

RB1 - Cook - all signs form camp is he is already exploding for big plays

RB2 - Harris - good blocker, one cut runner and goes

RB3 - Hines - too versatile not to make it (ST return ability)

Outside looking in Murray and the others.

Edited by SquirminThurman

13 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Probably the best blocker the Bills have too.

Probable RB depth:

RB1 - Cook - all signs form camp is he is already exploding for big plays

RB2 - Harris - good blocker, one cut runner and goes

RB3 - Hines - too versatile not to make it (ST return ability)

Outside looking in Murray and the others.

Hines very well might make this squad, but he will be on IR all year if he does.  There's room for 1 more (not counting Gilliam).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hines very well might make this squad, but he will be on IR all year if he does.  There's room for 1 more (not counting Gilliam).

Don't forget our "big guy" signing.

MUR235273.png

Latavius Murray | 28

RB | Central Florida | logo_thumb_BUF.gif Buffalo Bills
Ht: 6032 / 6' 03" | Wt: 230 |
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Don't forget our "big guy" signing.

MUR235273.png

Latavius Murray | 28

RB | Central Florida | logo_thumb_BUF.gif Buffalo Bills
Ht: 6032 / 6' 03" | Wt: 230 |

Murray was the guy he mentioned as being next in line.  Thought we were all saying he likely makes the team now.

• Like 3

SquirminThurman
On 8/2/2023 at 10:36 AM, Taro T said:

I actually missed the jet ski accident that will cost him the year.... oof

Didn't see it posted in this thread. In fact the last few posts before mine were about how Hines should have a role on the team.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Didn't see it posted in this thread. In fact the last few posts before mine were about how Hines should have a role on the team.

Hines got his own thread.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Link to the Nyheim Hines ACL thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Contrast how quickly the running plays are blocked and the hole is hit, back when running the ball was important 

Not to mention Olympic World Class speed. 

• Like 1