Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Totally agree on Milano's value to the team on the field, but how do you fit that contract when there are more pressing needs.  Last season proved how ineffective the LBs were when the front four couldn't hold their own.   You can kill two birds with one stone by upgrading the DL, which won't put as much pressure on the replacement DL.

I'm still a fan of the experiment to swap Edmunds' and Klein's positions.

I wouldn't mind Klein as Mike as, by all accounts, he is visceral. But, with Edmunds as his running mate, I think we are no better off. Just deficient in a different aspect. Edmunds reactions, both time and understanding are limited. If I really had my druthers, I would keep Milano and let Edmunds go. Sure we would miss his size and ranginess but we would not miss his other deficiencies.

I have always believed you need to build the trenches up through the middle. Edmunds provides for a big hole in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I wouldn't mind Klein as Mike as, by all accounts, he is visceral. But, with Edmunds as his running mate, I think we are no better off. Just deficient in a different aspect. Edmunds reactions, both time and understanding are limited. If I really had my druthers, I would keep Milano and let Edmunds go. Sure we would miss his size and ranginess but we would not miss his other deficiencies.

I have always believed you need to build the trenches up through the middle. Edmunds provides for a big hole in the middle.

My theory is that Edmunds has trouble multitasking, and by putting him in a spot where he's not calling the D assignments will hopefully free up his reaction time.  

20 minutes ago, GG1 said:

My theory is that Edmunds has trouble multitasking, and by putting him in a spot where he's not calling the D assignments will hopefully free up his reaction time.  

That is certainly a possibility. He does show flashes of just instinctually reacting instead of trying to process what is happening out there from time to time.

However, whatever. To me, it is a glaring problem that one might think should be glaring to them. Maybe he does develop into this great MLB that they are hoping he will, but I am just an armchair QB and unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

On PFF's top 200 free agent list, they have Matt Milano at #38.

milano.JPG

Nice list. Milano is just ahead of Daryl Williams at 41.

At #50 is Brian Poole who battled our son in high school. The first encounter our son absolutely crushed him along the sidelines. Poole got up and said “Damn! You don’t HIT like a quarterback!” He did not take him lightly the rest of the day, and then there was the eventual hit our son took that good parents wouldn’t laugh about, but it was HYSTERICAL! He swears he slipped (which on film he did a bit, but we’ll never admit it!). It was an ESPN highlight type of hit! It was such a family classic it may come up in my wife’s speech at his wedding in a couple months.   😂

Now.....back to your regularly schedules Bills LB  discussion. 

• Like 4

Nick Bolton pegged as Bills' 'dream draft target' by B/R

... Pegging a “dream prospect” for every NFL club, Mizzou linebacker Nick Bolton is the pick for the Bills:

Nick Bolton has the short-area burst with the ability to cover shallow zones on the second level. As a full-time starter over the last two seasons, he’s accumulated 198 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, 12 pass breakups and two interceptions.

Although Bolton isn’t an elite athlete, his football instincts serve him well at the position. He’ll sniff out the run on early downs, fire through gaps for stops in the backfield and has enough speed to cover athletic tight ends. His adequate lateral quickness helps him chase down running backs in the flat, too.

Next to linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, Bolton could fill an every-down role.

Joe Buscaglia dissects how Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Zach Ertz, Gerald Everett, Cameron Brate, and Kyle Rudolph. The Athletic (paid site)

Six Bills tight end targets: How Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz could fit into offense

Spoiler: he likes Hunter Henry for the team, a lot.

Oops, screwed this one up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Joe Buscaglia dissects how Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Zach Ertz, Gerald Everett, Cameron Brate, and Kyle Rudolph. The Athletic (paid site)

Six Bills tight end targets: How Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz could fit into offense

Spoiler: he likes Hunter Henry for the team, a lot.

I've been a fan of Henry's since he came into the league. He was a monster performer on my FF team the one year I got to draft him. He might command more than the Bills can afford unfortunately though.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...