Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Beer__League__Hockey
2 hours ago, GG1 said:

I'll keep beating the dead horse.  This one game's worth of highlights equates to Edmunds' year of MLB highlights.

I'm right there with you.  Klein should be starting at MLB, Milano at WLB, and Maine at SLB (which is almost never).

4 hours ago, GG1 said:

I'll keep beating the dead horse.  This one game's worth of highlights equates to Edmunds' year of MLB highlights.

As long as the Bills keep starting the horse at MLB, is it really dead?

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nice route to the football, Onalim.  :classic_dry:

Nice block by the Steelers' #19, too.  That's 2015 Bills blocking.

I will say, Edmunds' considerable athletic ability helps him make up for his relative lack of fingerspitzengefühl.  But given a choice, I'd prefer brains over physical talent.  Obviously, both is ideal...if we could only put Klein's brain in Edmunds' body...  

• 1 month later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

A pretty good analysis of Tremaine and the overall defensive scheme by Erik @ Cover 1. Points out some aspects of scheme that we may not garner ourselves.

https://twitter.com/ErikJTurner/status/1476628054701133824

Does a good job explaining why he so often seems out of position and late to the play - he's being asked to cover the middle of the field, then after a pass is completed, often away from him, asked to close on the receiver to help make the tackle.  

What that video didn't do, despite mentioning it at the start, is describe how Edmunds does - or does not - play his gap responsibility or over-pursues on running plays, which is the most infuriating thing about his play.  And what I want to see an explanation for.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

A pretty good analysis of Tremaine and the overall defensive scheme by Erik @ Cover 1. Points out some aspects of scheme that we may not garner ourselves.

https://twitter.com/ErikJTurner/status/1476628054701133824

Tasker said something similar a few weeks ago on WGR. He also said that the coaches love Edmunds. That he's asked to do more than any other LB in the league. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Tasker said something similar a few weeks ago on WGR. He also said that the coaches love Edmunds. That he's asked to do more than any other LB in the league. 

This is not surprising and I suspect Frazier might be asking too much of him.  I still wonder if Edmunds' instincts are good enough to play the position, especially in a more complex scheme, given how often he mis-diagnoses plays and covers the wrong gap, which I would think led to a number of the big running plays against the Bills D.

4 hours ago, Ann said:

I have been pointing out 49 on the game day thread the last few weeks.  He has shown some improvement in my opinion. He also seems to be lining up differently too. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...