Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

New NFL TV Contracts Are In: $10 Billion Per Year

Ann

55 minutes ago, Shady said:

I think it is a mostly rhetorical question. The answer will be found after the pudding is produced.

I purchased Peacock last month to watch the Chargers game and luckily this wildcard game falls into that 30 window so I don't have to pay for another month. I did find some other content on the app to watch so it more than justified its expense. That said, I'm not a big fan of MSM content so after the 30 days is up, I will not renew until maybe this happens again next year. 

• Like 4

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I think it is a mostly rhetorical question. The answer will be found after the pudding is produced.

I purchased Peacock last month to watch the Chargers game and luckily this wildcard game falls into that 30 window so I don't have to pay for another month. I did find some other content on the app to watch so it more than justified its expense. That said, I'm not a big fan of MSM content so after the 30 days is up, I will not renew until maybe this happens again next year. 

I think the replies might be telling.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

It is not gonna stop. Next year, look for more:

Last year, the Wild Card games averaged 28.4 million viewers, down from 2022's average 29.6 million.

23 million is not impressive.  And I don't believe it anyway - they've got to be doing some sort of stupid-ass borderline-fraudulent accounting of "viewers" for it to be that high.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, devnull said:

You can discard the Peacock numbers, because the NFL throttled viewership with a paywall

How about the other game? MNF game?

1 hour ago, Ann said:

How about the other game? MNF game?

ESPN multicast playoff games on ABC, so no paywall

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea where to put this. 

ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery to launch joint sports streaming platform this year

ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery plan to launch a joint sports streaming service later this year.
The platform, which will be owned by a newly formed company with its own leadership team, does not yet have a name or price.

The product will be a skinnier bundle of linear networks than a standard cable offering, specifically tailored for sports fans.

</snip>

The platform, which will be owned by a newly formed company with its own leadership team, does not yet have a name or a price. Disney, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery will each own a one-third stake.

Consumers would be able to subscribe directly via a new app. Subscribers would also have the ability to bundle the product with the companies’ streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Max.

The product will be a skinnier bundle of linear networks than a standard cable offering, specifically tailored for sports fans. It will consist of all the broadcast and cable networks owned by Disney, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery that carry sports, along with ESPN+.

From Disney, that includes ESPN and its sister networks, such as ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, as well as the ABC broadcast network. Warner Bros. Discovery’s networks that showcase sports are TNT, TBS and TruTV. Fox will include the Fox broadcast station along with FS1, FS2 and BTN.

</snip>

Comcast’s NBCUniversal and Paramount Global weren’t approached to be a part of the joint venture, according to people familiar with the matter. NBCUniversal likely would have balked at the idea of unbundling its sports networks from its other entertainment cable channels, one of the people said.

Still, the new skinny bundle may chip away at the number of cable subscribers for both NBCUniversal and Paramount Global. Both companies offer streaming services — Peacock and Paramount+ — that offer additional sports, including live National Football League games. That may mitigate potential revenue losses for NBCUniversal and Paramount Global.

</snip>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

One thing I like about DAZN and TSN streaming, all the games are shown no matter which network is airing the game.

• Cheers 2