Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

New NFL TV Contracts Are In: $10 Billion Per Year

Ann

On 12/22/2022 at 7:46 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Just want to say I was one of THE original DirecTV users due to my work back then with Hughes Aircraft.

You had a good run, DirecTV. Make sure you closed the door on your way out.

Pretty loyal DTV customer but they really have gone to shite since ATT acquired them. Not sorry YouTube is taking over

Just now, Dante said:

Pretty loyal DTV customer but they really have gone to shite since ATT acquired them. Not sorry YouTube is taking over

I pulled the DTV plug a couple months ago when they pulled the Newsmax crap.  The Sunday Ticket made it even easier.  I don't miss DTV at all and my bill was cut in half since I went to YouTube TV.

Just now, Whatnot78 said:

I pulled the DTV plug a couple months ago when they pulled the Newsmax crap.  The Sunday Ticket made it even easier.  I don't miss DTV at all and my bill was cut in half since I went to YouTube TV.

And it's just not decisions like Newsmax. From the TV UI being clunky with the annoying ad driven screen saver to the customer service. It's so bad. So many annoyances. For example, when you set to record a show you also get the "On Demand" versions that you don't want. Often, those versions you have to pay for. My wife has a few times bought them by mistake not realizing they were pay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dante said:

And it's just not decisions like Newsmax. From the TV UI being clunky with the annoying ad driven screen saver to the customer service. It's so bad. So many annoyances. For example, when you set to record a show you also get the "On Demand" versions that you don't want. Often, those versions you have to pay for. My wife has a few times bought them by mistake not realizing they were pay.

I dropped my Dish Network when I realized that every dollar I paid on the package was divided with every channel on my package. Im not paying CNN's bill's anymore

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 3:18 PM, Fansince88 said:

I dropped my Dish Network when I realized that every dollar I paid on the package was divided with every channel on my package. Im not paying CNN's bill's anymore

Only way CNN can keep afloat.

I'm kinda leaning on going YouTube TV now. Not that I want to give Google any money but what can you do when you can't watch the Bills locally?

• I don't know 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Only way CNN can keep afloat.

I'm kinda leaning on going YouTube TV now. Not that I want to give Google any money but what can you do when you can't watch the Bills locally?

I've been loving Youtube TV since we moved in Dec.  Local internet + Youtube is over $100 cheaper than what I was paying Xfinity with the boxes and all that crap.  NFL deal is just a bonus -- but I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see what the deal is to watch the Bills.

I got the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle from Verizon included w/ the cell phone service I already had.

Amazon Prime includes their streaming service so have plenty of offerings (but of course, still couldn't find any of the Sabres games this past week).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I feel the same way. I hate to pay google, but I want to watch the Bills. We will be getting YouTube TV. Who knows, it may give me more access to hair videos! That would be a win-win. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I got the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle from Verizon included w/ the cell phone service I already had.

I am shocked at how much cheaper it is than if I went to the site(s) directly for a plan (I have the same bundle through Verizon).

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
57 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Amazon Prime includes their streaming service so have plenty of offerings (but of course, still couldn't find any of the Sabres games this past week).

I've caught most of the Sabres games on ESPN+ with the Disney package.  Only ones I haven't are Caps games (on Comcast Sports, or whatever they're calling it now, locally) and NHLN games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I've caught most of the Sabres games on ESPN+ with the Disney package.  Only ones I haven't are Caps games (on Comcast Sports, or whatever they're calling it now, locally) and NHLN games.

I’ve caught a few which has been nice, but got shut out the last couple times I looked.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, KD in CA said:

I've been loving Youtube TV since we moved in Dec.  Local internet + Youtube is over $100 cheaper than what I was paying Xfinity with the boxes and all that crap.  NFL deal is just a bonus -- but I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see what the deal is to watch the Bills.

A couple of questions for you. Do you get your local stations? We get Sharks on NBCSCA locally and not sure if Youtube would include that.

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

A couple of questions for you. Do you get your local stations? We get Sharks on NBCSCA locally and not sure if Youtube would include that.

Yup; all the local network and basic cable channels.  If you go to the website for any of these streaming services like Hulu, Youtube TV, etc., they show you the channel lineup.  

Plus I like the interface.  Each person can have their own profile with a unique channel line up and order.

• Like 3

Here is the youtube blog post on the pricing.

</snip>

Starting today, fans can lock in inaugural pricing for next season’s NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels.1 Regardless of where you purchase, NFL Sunday Ticket will be available across web, TV, mobile and tablet devices that support YouTube and YouTube TV, with no hidden fees or satellite dish needed. Consisting of all out-of-market Sunday regular-season NFL games (based on viewer's location) broadcast on FOX and CBS, NFL Sunday Ticket allows fans in the United States the ability to follow all their favorite teams and players no matter where they live.

Users will begin seeing the option to sign up over the next few days. New and existing YouTube TV members will be able to add NFL Sunday Ticket as an add-on, and viewers who purchase through Primetime Channels can do so in several places across YouTube, such as the Movies & TV hub, NFL’s channel and watch page, and search results.

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season. Fans who sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket with the YouTube TV Base Plan will have access to not only 100+ live channels, but also every Sunday game, including local, national, and out-of-market games.

And for viewers who just want NFL Sunday Ticket without the full YouTube TV offering, we got you covered. For the first time, NFL Sunday Ticket is broadly available without a satellite subscription through YouTube Primetime Channels.

On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season.

</snip>

Alaska Darin
On 4/7/2023 at 10:35 AM, KD in CA said:

Yup; all the local network and basic cable channels.  If you go to the website for any of these streaming services like Hulu, Youtube TV, etc., they show you the channel lineup.  

Plus I like the interface.  Each person can have their own profile with a unique channel line up and order.

Is the DVR virtual or something?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10071986-nfl-sunday-ticket-redzone-prices-announced-by-youtube-tv-ahead-of-2023-season

$349 for YoutubeTV subscribers

$449 for non subscribers

$40 extra for RedZone

$100 discount if you sign up before June 6th

Basically, I'd be spending about $350 more to watch most of the games I want to see three hours earlier.  With commercials.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin