Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

well- it would be good trade,

if the Daboll offense had a frigging clue how to use a TE

https://www.outkick.com/raiders-trade-darren-waller-to-giants-which-does-not-make-them-a-better-team-at-all/

The Giants are sending the third-round pick they acquired in sending Toney to the Kansas City Chiefs (No. 100 overall) to the Raiders for Waller.

And this seems a crazy good trade for the Giants.

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You don't think he'd take 2/15 to stay in Buffalo?

I don't know if Buffalo would offer it. I think it sets a floor.

Bucs signed QB Baker Mayfield, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year, $8.5 million contract. 

After showing some signs of life in four starts for the Rams late last season, Mayfield will get a one-year prove-it deal with the quarterback-needy Bucs. Mayfield, 27, will compete with Kyle Trask for Week 1 starting duties. Paying for Carolina and LA in 2022, Mayfield posted the league's worst completion rate over expected and the lowest adjusted EPA per play. Mayfield, in his month with the Rams, ranked 17th in completion rate over expected. The former No. 1 overall pick will have a shot to save his career in Tampa as the Bucs try to get along after a disappointing end to the tumultuous Tom Brady era. 

Mar 15, 2023, 11:51 AM ET
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I say no.

I would love to have him, but not for a first.

I look at it this way, I'm big on Jalin Hyatt. Hyatt in all likelihood goes in the middle of the 1st. The problem here is Hyatt has never played a down in the NFL. Jerry Jeudy is a middle of the 1st rounder that has proven himself and already acclimated into the NFL. 

Myself personally, If I'm the Bills GM Beane I'm comparing the Juedy acquisition/cost to OBJ as another option to upgrade WR2.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I look at it this way, I'm big on Jalin Hyatt. Hyatt in all likelihood goes in the middle of the 1st. The problem here is Hyatt has never played a down in the NFL. Jerry Jeudy is a middle of the 1st rounder that has proven himself and already acclimated into the NFL. 

Myself personally, If I'm the Bills GM Beane I'm comparing the Juedy acquisition/cost to OBJ as another option to upgrade WR2.

You only have JJ for 2 years of his rookie deal (4th year plus 5th year option).  The big question here is value against a similar player who will be cost controlled for an additional 3 years.

I'd say not worth it and I have zero expectations the BILLS would spend that level of capital in this scenario.  I fully expect a first round LBer when the name is called, unless something dramatic happens and a high value player is unexpectedly there.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You only have JJ for 2 years of his rookie deal (4th year plus 5th year option).  The big question here is value against a similar player who will be cost controlled for an additional 3 years.

I'd say not worth it and I have zero expectations the BILLS would spend that level of capital in this scenario.  I fully expect a first round LBer when the name is called, unless something dramatic happens and a high value player is unexpectedly there.

My hopes If WR2 is taken care of in FA.

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Figster said:

I don't see the fit but I can understand people being enamored with his size - he'd be a tough guy to go at straight up.  NFL defenses will twist that guy all day long and make him move laterally on passing plays because his feet are heavy.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't see the fit but I can understand people being enamored with his size - he'd be a tough guy to go at straight up.  NFL defenses will twist that guy all day long and make him move laterally on passing plays because his feet are heavy.

And he doesn’t bend well from what I read. 

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

by "heavy" - you must mean slow as shit

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Figster said:

Love the thighs.  Not crazy about the matching knee braces.  

• Like 1