Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

What he wants and what he may get will most likely be two different things.  I think Beane is smart enough not to mortgage the future in terms of a contract and neither will the Dolphins, Eagles, or any other team that mat be interested.

If there was a path forward for a reasonable, Poyeresque extension, I'd be all for trading the picks for Henry.  This offense is sorely lacking one more playmaker.  They need to figure something out.

But giving a fat, new contract to a 29 yo workhorse RB who will break 2000 career rushes this season is the type of 'all-in' move fans often clammer to see, but usually (unless you're the Rams) backfires when it doesn't deliver a title and creates a bad cap situation.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

If there was a path forward for a reasonable, Poyeresque extension, I'd be all for trading the picks for Henry.  This offense is sorely lacking one more playmaker.  They need to figure something out.

But giving a fat, new contract to a 29 yo workhorse RB who will break 2000 career rushes this season is the type of 'all-in' move fans often clammer to see, but usually (unless you're the Rams) backfires when it doesn't deliver a title and creates a bad cap situation.

And like Poyer Henry will see that nobody out there values him at 16M per year.  It just takes time for a certain reality to sink in.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

McKenzie's available.

shocked he hasn't been scooped up

if just for his dance routines

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

McKenzie's available.

shocked he hasn't been scooped up

if just for his dance routines

They're looking for DJs, not dancers.

• Haha 2