Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The question always comes back to...is it the scheme, the players, or a combination of both?  Frankly, you're going to have a hard time convincing me it's not the scheme.

Well for all those picks we don't have a TJ Watt nor a Bosa...&#%$ probably could've just traded the picks for them.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Well for all those picks we don't have a TJ Watt nor a Bosa...&#%$ probably could've just traded the picks for them.

It’s kind of silly to insist that our late second round draft picks (Espenesa 54 overall & Basham 61 overall) perform like a 3rd overall pick like Bosa. It’s also silly to reference Watt given that he was picked just two slots after the Bills drafted Tre White, who has been one of the best corners in the league until his injury.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s kind of silly to insist that our late second round draft picks (Espenesa 54 overall & Basham 61 overall) perform like a 3rd overall pick like Bosa. It’s also silly to reference Watt given that he was picked just two slots after the Bills drafted Tre White, who has been one of the best corners in the league until his injury.

Well we &#%$ed up taking Tre over Watt just like we did with Darius over JJ. Also we probably could've had Nick Bosa had we just traded those picks and a player/another pick to move up like we did for Josh, like we did for Sammy...

Jabba The Hutt
28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm a lot more bummed about Zay Jones over Dalvin Cook.

I think you mean Cooper Kupp:crying3:

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Watt always was the right player. I was so disgusted we passed on another Watt.

Yeah I wasn't happy with the 2017 draft.

I wanted Watson, who was there for the taking.  But we traded down

Then in our new slot, I wanted Watt.  But alas, we went with Tre.  Who has been a productive player, but not a gamechanger like Watt

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, devnull said:

Then in our new slot, I wanted Watt.  But alas, we went with Tre.  Who has been a productive player, but not a gamechanger like Watt

If people knew Watt was a game changer, he wouldn't have lasted to 30.

I too wanted Watson.  You can make the argument that from a talent perspective he's at worst 3rd in the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I'm a Penn St fanand thus a Big 10 homer.  I knew Watt (Wisconsin) was gonna be a good one

• Love 1

Jabba The Hutt
15 minutes ago, devnull said:

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I too wanted Watson.  You can make the argument that from a talent perspective he's at worst 3rd in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

I'm a Penn St fanand thus a Big 10 homer.  I knew Watt (Wisconsin) was gonna be a good one

I wanted to move up for McCaffrey, trade back up for Watt and then take Kupp... looks like I should be GM:crying3: Everybody told me all 3 of those players were going to be trash and I was crazy

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Well we &#%$ed up taking Tre over Watt just like we did with Darius over JJ. Also we probably could've had Nick Bosa had we just traded those picks and a player/another pick to move up like we did for Josh, like we did for Sammy...

While I’ll give you Darius over Watt, though it doesn’t make sense to fault the current Bills for personnel decisions made by Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon, I’m rejecting your fiat declaration about White over Watt.

White has been a two time Pro-Bowler, a First Team All-Pro, a Second Team All-Pro, and has led the league in interceptions. He’s a shut down corner.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

While I’ll give you Darius over Watt, I’m rejecting your fait declaration about White over Watt.

White has been a two time Pro-Bowler, a First Team All-Pro, a Second Team All-Pro, and has led the league in interceptions. He’s a shut down corner.

I love Tre but he's also possibly got a fork stuck in him unfortunately...hopefully not

• Doh! 1

Alaska Darin
20 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Do you believe that the ROI on the DL investment is working out?

No but I think it's a schematic problem and have posted about it plenty here.  It's not as simple as "we need to draft better DLinemen" because there are numerous examples of the DLine getting excellent pressure and the DBs/LBers blowing their assignments (especially the lack of ball awareness) or the coverage being too soft at the snap.  How many times have we seen a 3rd and 10+ turned into a first down or "4th-and-makeable" because of the defense called?  Those are lost opportunities to put teams away (Minnesota ring a bell?).

You simply cannot conceded yards on defense the way it's always been done.  Frazier and McDermott have been slow to adapt, even though HCSMcD has been pretty aggressive in the same situations on the other side of the football.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I love Tre but he's also possibly got a fork stuck in him unfortunately...hopefully not

So now Tre "may" be done? :classic_laugh:

I swear, the NFL offseason melts some phukcing brains.

Yesterday I read a post that without Josh Allen, the Bills would have spent the past five years picking in the top 5 of the draft.

WTF, people? Give your brain some activity during the offseason so it doesn't sit idly in the corner making up stupid shit to pass the time.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So now Tre "may" be done? :classic_laugh:

I swear, the NFL offseason melts some phukcing brains.

Yesterday I read a post that without Josh Allen, the Bills would have spent the past five years picking in the top 5 of the draft.

WTF, people? Give your brain some activity during the offseason so it doesn't sit idly in the corner making up stupid shit to pass the time.

I saw that tweet too.  We went to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and like 30 plumbers.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

A couple of things here:

- You can’t look backwards and reevaluate the quality of the pick based on a freak injury. I’m open to performance based arguments, but the argument about White isn’t that.

- There is exactly zero evidence that White is washed. I’m open to evidence based arguments, but this isn’t that.

• Like 2