Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

4merper4mer
40 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

The Royals were founded by a wealthy local pharmaceutical entrepreneur named Kaufman. The stadium when first built was one of the best anywhere. The fountains in the outfield are iconic. He loved baseball, loved KC and didn’t care how much he lost the field a competitive team. The teams in the 70’s to the mid eighties rivaled anything the hated Yankees put out. When Glass bought the team he brought his Walmart mentality. We did catch lightning in 14 and 15 but the 20 years before and the 8 years since have been horrible. Glass heirs sold the team a couple years ago and made a bundle. The new guys want a new stadium and will either get it here or somewhere else. It’s hard to make money here with a small market and a bad product. The Chiefs rule and its not even close.

The pitching prospects  don’t look like they once did with the exception of Singer, who looks solid to me.  Maybe Lynch will come around but Buber better improve quick……currently he is BP.  Lacey is taking forever.  The lineup however is young and full of promise.  

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The pitching prospects  don’t look like they once did with the exception of Singer, who looks solid to me.  Maybe Lynch will come around but Buber better improve quick……currently he is BP.  Lacey is taking forever.  The lineup however is young and full of promise.  

Promise is what we think every year. Singer is a frontline pitcher. Probably a solid 2-3 starter on a good club. Bubic is BP and is not good. Honestly I feel this lineup should score 4-6 runs a game, but I have felt that the last 4 years. It just never seems to materialize. The two sports talk shows here are about 70% chiefs in the off season, 20% royals till June and 10% other. Kind of sad. I do love baseball but several years around 100 losses have killed my interest 

SquirminThurman
15 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Whew! What a long ugly read.

AZ is a hot mess.

'The Shield' is showing some leaks...

1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

John Elway no longer with Broncos after consultant contract expires

https://www.nfl.com/news/john-elway-no-longer-with-broncos-after-consultant-contract-expires

Heck of a run Denver had with old horse-jaw. 2 SB wins as a QB and one as an executive. 👏

Elway one of the most overrated front office executives in the NFL.

just horrible at player acquisition, except for Manning.

good enough for a Super Bowl- covers up all of his other failures, highlighted with failure to draft Josh.

• Applause 1

Alaska Darin
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

11.jpg.a99ed1abc1a07bdbdcd1260f4adcc544.jpg

The Chief looks like he's starving.  The artist has clearly never been to the Midwest.

• Haha 3

SquirminThurman
49 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

good enough for a Super Bowl- covers up all of his other failures, highlighted with failure to draft Josh.

ok

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

No way Elway and Payton could fit both their egos in the same franchise. Elway flat out sucked. The old owners let him ride on the success of his playing days. The new owners don’t care. They are all in on Payton, and he has to be all in on Wilson. I guess we will find out this year. If it doesn’t go well it could get ugly. 

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Ann said:

11.jpg.a99ed1abc1a07bdbdcd1260f4adcc544.jpg

Of course the Dolphins-as-supervillain still looks faggoty as shit.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Chief looks like he's starving.  The artist has clearly never been to the Midwest.

The Chief looks like he's trying - and failing - to cosplay Johnny Depp from The Lone Ranger.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Teams should be over giving large long term contracts to running backs. It doesn’t help his case when time and time again this doesn’t work out. Spend money on your line and anyone can shine. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

On 4/5/2023 at 5:43 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course the Dolphins-as-supervillain still looks faggoty as shit.

That’s pretty funny. Inappropriate but still hilarious