Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So now Tre "may" be done? :classic_laugh:

I swear, the NFL offseason melts some phukcing brains.

Yesterday I read a post that without Josh Allen, the Bills would have spent the past five years picking in the top 5 of the draft.

WTF, people? Give your brain some activity during the offseason so it doesn't sit idly in the corner making up stupid shit to pass the time.

No, but if he can't get back to old Tre he's going to get burned like Sherman did when he got old and injured. I'm not in that camp though. 

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

A couple of things here:

- You can’t look backwards and reevaluate the quality of the pick based on a freak injury. I’m open to performance based arguments, but the argument about White isn’t that.

- There is exactly zero evidence that White is washed. I’m open to evidence based arguments, but this isn’t that.

How many DPOY does Tre have? Is Tre going to the HoF at this point? I can look backwards... I'm correct in my drafting assessments, I wanted them beforehand so it's not hindsight just verification. 

If I were Beane I would've walked out of 2017 draft with McCaffrey, Watt and Kupp then ya'll would be saying I'm a genius and draft guru.

Alaska Darin
28 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

No, but if he can't get back to old Tre he's going to get burned like Sherman did when he got old and injured. I'm not in that camp though. 

Dude...he's 28.  Literally in his athletic prime.

• Love 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dude...he's 28.  Literally in his athletic prime.

That's why I think he'll get back to old Tre this season. We sorely need him.

Sorry been bumming around ATOP, I think I've been brainwashed?

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

4 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I love Tre but he's also possibly got a fork stuck in him unfortunately...hopefully not

So, you didnt see his last few games?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

He doesn’t understand the game well enough to evaluate it.

• O Rly 1

43 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

That's why I think he'll get back to old Tre this season. We sorely need him.

Sorry been bumming around ATOP, I think I've been brainwashed?

WHY!!! 

Jabba The Hutt
18 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

He doesn’t understand the game well enough to evaluate it.

The one where we got owned by the Bengals or let the fish put up 31 and almost lost? I was at both...

11 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

The one where we got owned by the Bengals or let the fish put up 31 and almost lost? I was at both...

So it is your fault. We were trying for the last 2 months to figure out what happened!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Everybody told me all 3 of those players were going to be trash and I was crazy

They were wrong and right at the same time!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

No but I think it's a schematic problem and have posted about it plenty here.  It's not as simple as "we need to draft better DLinemen" because there are numerous examples of the DLine getting excellent pressure and the DBs/LBers blowing their assignments (especially the lack of ball awareness) or the coverage being too soft at the snap.  How many times have we seen a 3rd and 10+ turned into a first down or "4th-and-makeable" because of the defense called?  Those are lost opportunities to put teams away (Minnesota ring a bell?).

You simply cannot conceded yards on defense the way it's always been done.  Frazier and McDermott have been slow to adapt, even though HCSMcD has been pretty aggressive in the same situations on the other side of the football.

I agree  with you about the scheme being wrong and the LB's not being in position to help the interior Dline.

But if you're the GM and you know that the LBs are going to have to think pass coverage as much as run support -- making them late to the play at the LOS then shouldn't you compensate by drafting the biggest run stuffing tackles you can find and putting two of them on the field at the same time?  Seems more like a this AND a that problem.

44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Run MFer!

Headed for NYC and will be living under an alias.

Green Gorilla Suit Ape Adult Halloween Costume - Walmart.com

• Haha 4

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

I agree  with you about the scheme being wrong and the LB's not being in position to help the interior Dline.

But if you're the GM and you know that the LBs are going to have to think pass coverage as much as run support -- making them late to the play at the LOS then shouldn't you compensate by drafting the biggest run stuffing tackles you can find and putting two of them on the field at the same time?  Seems more like a this AND a that problem.

The reason Edmunds was late to plays was 100% on Edmunds inability to react instinctively to what was happening in front of him.  If you read his predraft assessment, the thing they highlighted most was how slow he is to diagnose and then move with purpose to his assignment.  People keep acting like the DLine is getting pile driven back - which for the most part is folly.  Every player is responsible for a gap in this defense and far too often TE49 was either late to his or ran into someone else.  The results are obvious.

You can blame the coaches for not being able to help him fix that glaring weakness or we can just all admit he wasn't the right fit.  He's basically being asked to play a Derek Brooks-typo role in this defense...but Derek Brooks he definitely ain't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The reason Edmunds was late to plays was 100% on Edmunds inability to react instinctively to what was happening in front of him.  If you read his predraft assessment, the thing they highlighted most was how slow he is to diagnose and then move with purpose to his assignment.  People keep acting like the DLine is getting pile driven back - which for the most part is folly.  Every player is responsible for a gap in this defense and far too often TE49 was either late to his or ran into someone else.  The results are obvious.

You can blame the coaches for not being able to help him fix that glaring weakness or we can just all admit he wasn't the right fit.  He's basically being asked to play a Derek Brooks-typo role in this defense...but Derek Brooks he definitely ain't.

could be input on things to improve Edmunds play on the field were not handled well by a certain DC.

too stuck in his "system" and unwilling to make changes to it or the players attempting to execute it.

always seemed like Edmunds should have been turned loose to rush like a maniac (run blitz/pass blitz), which would have mitigated his slow reaction time. completely eliminate all of his decision making on the play.

Edited by Spartacus

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

could be input on things to improve Edmunds play on the field were not handled well by a certain DC.

too stuck in his "system" and unwilling to make changes to it or the players attempting to execute it.

always seemed like Edmunds should have been turned loose to rush like a maniac (run blitz/pass blitz), which would have mitigated his slow reaction time. completely eliminate all of his decision making on the play.

They used him "more" that way last season.  There were times when he blitzed where he literally ran right to the guy who was assigned to pick him up, literally blocked himself.  Dude has about zero Ray Lewis in him.

• Like 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

They used him "more" that way last season.  There were times when he blitzed where he literally ran right to the guy who was assigned to pick him up, literally blocked himself.  Dude has about zero Ray Lewis in him.

those plays are also a product of the horrible stunt schemes that rarely freed up anyone for a clear path 

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bills were not as good without him on the field. That said, they were not as good with him on the field. Agree with you assessment.