Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Alaska Darin

This is the part where I'm bitter and complain about him being too old, right?  😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin

Just in case anyone is wondering...this is yet another terrible idea from the NFL that highlights how little they care about the players.  @$$h@l&s.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think that's a reach.  NIL money dries up pretty fast after they stop playing college ball, no?  I guess they could sit out a year and reenter the draft, but that's a crap shoot.

• Cheers 1

Quick hits
Graziano

Odell Beckham Jr. has offers on the table from multiple teams, and I am told the Jets are the most likely landing spot but that Beckham could be waiting to make sure the Aaron Rodgers deal gets completed before finalizing his own decision. Baltimore has made a push for Beckham as well.

</snip>

Fowler:

Beckham made the rounds at the Arizona Biltmore, saying hello to Jets general manager Joe Douglas and head coach Robert Saleh, Rams general manager Les Snead and Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski. As Dan notes above, the feeling here is the Jets remain a viable contender, depending on the price point. A few people I spoke to believe Rodgers is the quarterback with whom Beckham wants to play. The next step could be Beckham taking a physical for the Jets or another team. A team will need to feel good about his recovery from a second ACL tear. As one league source forecasted, perhaps Beckham earns a deal of around $8 million per year that can reach $10-plus million with incentives. With a very sluggish free agency market after the initial wave, that's probably considered a win for Beckham.

</snip>

Yeah, ok

</snip>

Noah, word before his appearance at the Arizona Biltmore on Tuesday was that Odell Beckham Jr. was looking for something in the neighborhood of $15 million per year. That’s down from where he was previously, so I do think there’s room for negotiation here, and I do think showing up at the hotel where the owners’ meetings were taking place was a savvy move from a business standpoint.

</snip>

• Facepalm 2

SquirminThurman
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Yeah, ok

</snip>

Noah, word before his appearance at the Arizona Biltmore on Tuesday was that Odell Beckham Jr. was looking for something in the neighborhood of $15 million per year. That’s down from where he was previously, so I do think there’s room for negotiation here, and I do think showing up at the hotel where the owners’ meetings were taking place was a savvy move from a business standpoint.

</snip>

What a goof, living on reputation and production quite a way back in the past.

From 2020 on; OBJ has had a total stat line of (Regular season):

67 receptions on 125 targets (53.6% catch rate) 856 yards (12.8 YPC) 8 TDS

Last season alone Gabe Davis (who a bunch of Bills fans think is terrible) had

48 receptions on 93 targets (51.6% catch rate) 836 yards (17.4 YPC) 7 TDS

What exactly is OBJ improving?

Edited by SquirminThurman
punctuation
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

While funny, the tidbit I took out of this is Travis Kelce considers the Bengals to be KC's biggest rival:

KC was owned by Joe Cool more than Kermit over Cincy. 

seems logical 

Edited by Shady
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

What a goof, living on reputation and production quite a way back in the past.

From 2020 on; OBJ has had a total stat line of (Regular season):

67 receptions on 125 targets (53.6% catch rate) 856 yards (12.8 YPC) 8 TDS

Last season alone Gabe Davis (who a bunch of Bills fans think is terrible) had

48 receptions on 93 targets (51.6% catch rate) 836 yards (17.4 YPC) 7 TDS

What exactly is OBJ improving?

Am not and have not been a GD hater. Have not and do not understand the hate for him at all.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Am not and have not been a GD hater. Have not and do not understand the hate for him at all.

“It’s simple. He doesn’t catch every pass and run 98 yards for a touchdown. That’s what we expect. He owes it to us fans.“ /ATOP

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

“It’s simple. He doesn’t catch every pass and run 98 yards for a touchdown. That’s what we expect. He owes it to us fans.“ /ATOP

Frankly, I have seen that here. The kid gets little love. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Frankly, I have seen that here. The kid gets little love. 

The Bills see things differently than most fans

fans will be again heavily disappointed when Bills don't invest high pick in this year's draft on a WR.

not a good year for WRs

however, they will likely take a TE higher than most think is prudent

• Like 2