Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

CarpetCrawler
On 3/25/2023 at 11:25 AM, Ann said:

Not happening:

They should look at the Brandin Cooks deal and realize they are in the same boat. This is not the same Hopkins they signed 2 years ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

They should look at the Brandon Cooks deal and realize they are in the same boat. This is not the same Hopkins they signed 2 years ago. 

Now in his 30s, see how healthy and productive he is off the juice

• FANtastic 1

RochesterRob
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'm kind of surprised as to the randomness.  I expected the most negative to weighted towards either large or small market teams depending on the bias of the reviewer.  I'll take it with a grain of salt since finheaven should have the Dolphins in the top five.  Some real nasty people populating that site.  Politics does not even factor in when the average poster wishes harm on quite a number of people.  I thought South Florida with its sun and women were supposed to put guys in a good mood on an average day?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm kind of surprised as to the randomness.  I expected the most negative to weighted towards either large or small market teams depending on the bias of the reviewer.  I'll take it with a grain of salt since finheaven should have the Dolphins in the top five.  Some real nasty people populating that site.  Politics does not even factor in when the average poster wishes harm on quite a number of people.  I thought South Florida with its sun and women were supposed to put guys in a good mood on an average day?

They didn't include the forums, just social media. I am sure there are forums that could have tipped these ranking into far larger negative percentages. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

if you included message boards, like ATOP, the Bills negativity would be over 90% 

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
33 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

if you included message boards, like ATOP, the Bills negativity would be over 90% 

I literally read a tweet today that says the BILLS suck at drafting.  Uh...WHAT?

• Doh! 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I literally read a tweet today that says the BILLS suck at drafting.  Uh...WHAT?

I think I read that post here, last week, about defensive line drafting, by Spartacus.

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I think I read that post here, last week, about defensive line drafting, by Spartacus.

With all the picks we spend on DL we should have 100 sacks a game

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
Just now, Jabba The Hutt said:

With all the picks we spend on DL we should have 100 sacks a game

The question always comes back to...is it the scheme, the players, or a combination of both?  Frankly, you're going to have a hard time convincing me it's not the scheme.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

SquirminThurman
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The question always comes back to...is it the scheme, the players, or a combination of both?  Frankly, you're going to have a hard time convincing me it's not the scheme.

I asked this very question ATOP. Drafting or coaching, because the ROI on DL is pretty poor.

Coaching to me includes snap count/ scheme/ what is being asked etc. I also wonder what having only 2 off ball LBs behind me as a DL affects how I play?

We can also look at Hughes and Phillips who had nice seasons last year. I haven't verified it, but I'm pretty sure they played more snaps in HOU and MIN. The 'rotation' may not be for everyone.

Then again the scheme and usage may be fine and the guys brought in just can't execute it.

Something doesn't line up though.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
20 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

I asked this very question ATOP. Drafting or coaching, because the ROI on DL is pretty poor.

Coaching to me includes snap count/ scheme/ what is being asked etc. I also wonder what having only 2 off ball LBs behind me as a DL affects how I play?

We can also look at hughes and Williams who had nice seasons last year. I haven't verified it, but I'm pretty sure they played more snaps in HOU and MIN. The 'rotation' may not be for everyone.

Then again the scheme and usage may be fine and the guys brought in just can't execute it.

Something doesn't line up though.

Individual statistics in games you don't watch don't really tell the story.

SquirminThurman
24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Individual statistics in games you don't watch don't really tell the story.

Do you believe that the ROI on the DL investment is working out?

6 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Do you believe that the ROI on the DL investment is working out?

:nono:

• Haha 1