GG1

On 3/31/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ann said:

Another "take the season off"

probably a good plan to take the year off,

especially since no one gave him a job to solely run the ball

Army or Georgia Tech may be interested

SquirminThurman
On 3/30/2023 at 9:43 PM, Fansince88 said:

Am not and have not been a GD hater. Have not and do not understand the hate for him at all.

I love the kid. I have no idea where the dislike for him comes from. It's irrational.

I have a feeling he is going to get paid very well in FA in 2024 and there are going to some fans who realize too late what a good WR he is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 3/30/2023 at 9:43 PM, Fansince88 said:

Am not and have not been a GD hater. Have not and do not understand the hate for him at all.

I don't hate him.  I just think he's kind-of soft.  He rarely makes contested catches, or catches in close coverage.  

It's not like I want him cut, though.  I just want him to do better. 

• Like 3

On 4/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, SquirminThurman said:

I love the kid. I have no idea where the dislike for him comes from. It's irrational.

I have a feeling he is going to get paid very well in FA in 2024 and there are going to some fans who realize too late what a good WR he is.

Based on his first two years - and especially his otherworldly playoff game - I think people were expecting a significant break out year.  He didn’t deliver that, but I think Gabe’s year was better than a lot of people gave him credit for.  But, as things broke down late in the year, scapegoats needed to be found so here we are.

I’m optimistic that he has a big year in ‘23.

p.s.  the Pittsburgh game was a highlight reel for Gabe.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

p.s.  the Pittsburgh game was a highlight reel for Gabe.  

Even if he matures into a solid #1 receiver, he is unlikely to ever have a game better than that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Even if he matures into a solid #1 receiver, he is unlikely to ever have a game better than that.

Only counting regular season games?

Only counting games where the Bills won?

Only counting games after the Steelers game?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

We shall see

Bills will be in the mix if no draft picks and drastically lower compensation

Josh & Diggs better get out there and sell it

• Facepalm 1

Well back into football mode as the Royals once again suck. ( meanwhile they want us to finance a downtown stadium)

I certainly wouldn’t overpay for either of those guys. I know the Jets have been mentioned in on either of them also, but c’mon it is still the Jets 😀😀. A 5m incentive laden deal is about all they will be offered by the Chiefs. We have really adopted an attitude of not overpaying receivers or backs. At this point in FA I think that is all they will be offered. For Hopkins at least I think it will come down to where he can win a SB. He has made enough money. OBJ wants the limelight and money, he already has the ring. At this point I don’t think we will get either. We seem to be banking on a couple oft injured/ high draft picks in Toney and Ross. If it works out we might be unstoppable, if not we’re in trouble 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Well back into football mode as the Royals once again suck. ( meanwhile they want us to finance a downtown stadium)

I certainly wouldn’t overpay for either of those guys. I know the Jets have been mentioned in on either of them also, but c’mon it is still the Jets 😀😀. A 5m incentive laden deal is about all they will be offered by the Chiefs. We have really adopted an attitude of not overpaying receivers or backs. At this point in FA I think that is all they will be offered. For Hopkins at least I think it will come down to where he can win a SB. He has made enough money. OBJ wants the limelight and money, he already has the ring. At this point I don’t think we will get either. We seem to be banking on a couple oft injured/ high draft picks in Toney and Ross. If it works out we might be unstoppable, if not we’re in trouble 

I live in the NYC area and can tell you Toney will always be injured. He'll be out 4 games, come back and play for 2 in which he will have a spectacular catch or two (and act like he's a diva), and then be out for another 4 games. Lather, rinse and repeat.

16 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I live in the NYC area and can tell you Toney will always be injured. He'll be out 4 games, come back and play for 2 in which he will have a spectacular catch or two (and act like he's a diva), and then be out for another 4 games. Lather, rinse and repeat.

That is mostly our belief here as fans. Similar experience with Sammy Watkins. He would have a few good games than injured. The other one Ross has never played a down in the NFL. High prospect but potential never won a game in the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, Carptom1 said:

That is mostly our belief here as fans. Similar experience with Sammy Watkins. He would have a few good games than injured. The other one Ross has never played a down in the NFL. High prospect but potential never won a game in the NFL.

Well, at least you got a few good games out of Sammy Watkins. That's more than the Bills got. :classic_dry:

Bills are doomed!

https://theathletic.com/4378634/2023/04/04/nfl-free-agency-reactions-insiders/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

How did each NFL team’s free agency moves stack up? Executives react to moves from all 32 teams

Buffalo Bills

The Jets are adding Aaron Rodgers. The Dolphins are adding Jalen Ramsey. The Patriots hired an offensive coordinator. Are the Bills losing ground to the AFC East after losing more than they gained in free agency?

“That is how I feel, and you have to throw in the abrupt departure of (defensive coordinator) Leslie Frazier for the year,” an exec said. “There are some holes there. I think they are going to be feeling a lot of heat, with the Jets and Dolphins closing the gap.”

The Bills finished last season with a 13-3 record. The ranked second in offensive EPA and fifth in combined EPA on defense and special teams. They are still the team to beat.

“Who is the heat on?” another exec asked. “I don’t think it’s the head coach. He’s done a really good job. I don’t think it’s on the GM. He has done a really good job. It’s not on the quarterback, who is doing all he can. Does the owner have to restructure more deals and give the GM more money to build around the quarterback?”

Buffalo restructured contracts for Josh Allen and Von Miller, then re-signed back-seven defenders Matt Milano and Jordan Poyer. They signed guard Connor McGovern from Dallas and receiver/returner Deonte Harty from New Orleans.

“With Josh Allen there, they will always have a window,” a third exec said. “But their best chance is going to be in the next year or two. And if Aaron Rodgers comes into the division and the Dolphins are better, the degree of difficulty is getting harder.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Man, I don't get that (I mean from a financial perspective I do).  I love where those stadiums are located.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, I don't get that (I mean from a financial perspective I do).  I love where those stadiums are located.

The Royals were founded by a wealthy local pharmaceutical entrepreneur named Kaufman. The stadium when first built was one of the best anywhere. The fountains in the outfield are iconic. He loved baseball, loved KC and didn’t care how much he lost the field a competitive team. The teams in the 70’s to the mid eighties rivaled anything the hated Yankees put out. When Glass bought the team he brought his Walmart mentality. We did catch lightning in 14 and 15 but the 20 years before and the 8 years since have been horrible. Glass heirs sold the team a couple years ago and made a bundle. The new guys want a new stadium and will either get it here or somewhere else. It’s hard to make money here with a small market and a bad product. The Chiefs rule and its not even close.

• Like 1