Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Wow, not sure what to make of this.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1389704210288152576

I was reading twitter after it happened, and watching the slow-mo replay. Let’s just say Tom Wilson needs to be suspended, probably for the rest of this year and next year, at minimum. That the NHL is not doing so is not just disappointing, it is revolting.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Wow, not sure what to make of this.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1389704210288152576

Should there maybe be a general NHL thread?  

Not sure what Wilson's thuggery has to do with a thread about attending pro hockey games unless in a 'well, if you've seen them in action, this decision is par for the course manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Should there maybe be a general NHL thread?  

Not sure what Wilson's thuggery has to do with a thread about attending pro hockey games unless in a 'well, if you've seen them in action, this decision is par for the course manner.

I agree. I didn't want to start one myself though. Posted some non Sabres content to that thread and they probably didn't belong there either.

• Like 2

Maybe I am the one out of step, but when I watched the video I thought that he was being the aggressor and maybe 

should be suspended.

But I did not see this "horrifying act" that the Rangers were referring to.

It looked like many other fights.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Maybe I am the one out of step, but when I watched the video I thought that he was being the aggressor and maybe 

should be suspended.

Still haven't seen a good view of it, so could be missing something as well, but yeah, didn't see the intent to drive Panarin's head through the ice.  Which is what has Rag Nation apoplectic.

Considering he is a repeat offender, surprised he didn't get any games off punching 2 different defenseless players who were laying on the ice.  Do agree with those that say that would be criminal anywhere but on the ice; but it was during a game on the ice.  Would've expected 4 games, but that would mean he'd miss a playoff game & the league desperately bends over backwards avoiding that.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Still haven't seen a good view of it, so could be missing something as well, but yeah, didn't see the intent to drive Panarin's head through the ice.  Which is what has Rag Nation apoplectic.

Considering he is a repeat offender, surprised he didn't get any games off punching 2 different defenseless players who were laying on the ice.  Do agree with those that say that would be criminal anywhere but on the ice; but it was during a game on the ice.  Would've expected 4 games, but that would mean he'd miss a playoff game & the league desperately bends over backwards avoiding that.

On NY radio they were talking about it.

I just watched it. Maybe he deserved a game or two, but I agree, I didn’t see much with Wilson taking Panarin down except punching him while he still was wearing gloves.  The shot to Buchnevich was more dirty, especially to the back of his head while Wilson’s stick was stuck under his neck.  

Rangers should take care of business tomorrow.  Let’s see if they do or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

should be suspended.

You need to search out the slow motion that was captured from the opposite goal line.  Wilson grabs Panarin by the hair and slams his head on the ice.  

If I'm Wilson, I'd hire security given Panarins stature among the Russians.  

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1

Wow!

Davidson was only there for two years (with 2020 sandwiched in).

Now the Rangers get effin Drury -- who I've never liked (yeah yeah, I realize that's not the popular take).

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Now the Rangers get effin Drury -- who I've never liked (yeah yeah, I realize that's not the popular take).

b46c5f4654689f16406da47df4fad1c3.jpg

• Like 1

But, but, the canning of Davidsson & Gorton had NOTHING to do with their reaction to the Wilson incident.

LOL 

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Wow!

Davidson was only there for two years (with 2020 sandwiched in).

I remember watching Davidson tending the net back in the day.

• Cheers 1

Fights right off the faceoff (1 second in) at Capitals / Rangers game.

2nd fight 50 seconds in on Wilson's first shift.

One Ranger to the locker-room.